“Very good” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Springboro, OH
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Driving by and looking for a place to eat. Stopped for Moe's but up close it lost any appeal. Mi Apa is just across the parking lane but turned out to be the kind of place I'm looking forward to visiting again. The food was very good, the flan was excellent. Truly outstanding. The black beans were also surprisingly flavorful. And the service was both efficient and cheerful. I would prefer to eat on plates and flatware that was recycled, but I'll go back even if it means eating off per-landfill plastic.

Visited September 2013

Nashville, Tennessee
“The Issue is Hygiene”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I was going to Moe's & decided to give Mi Apa a try. I got three items & an Inca Cola to go. The food tasted fine once I got home.

Here's where the problem arises -- as I was given my food to go, I watched an employee pull the portafilter out of their espresso machine to clean it. She knocked a spoon on the floor & then picked the spoon back up off of the floor to clean the grounds out of the portafilter. It does not matter if both items were to be cleaned separately -- it's nothing something a customer ever like to see.

It made me wonder what may have happened in the back while my food was being prepared.& hindered my ability to truly enjoy what would be a welcome respite from most of the food options in Alachua.

One can only hope this was an isolated event, but it will keep me from visiting Mi Apa again.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
High Springs, Florida
“Great place for a healthy meal.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Great menu, food, and service. If you are looking for something different then definitely come here. I like the fact that this restaurant has many healthy selections.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Alachua, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Anticipointment!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I ordered food to go from the Alachua store, based on the better service/food in Gainesville. Tonight, I had the No.11 Arepa with avocado that was clearly bad. So surprised to get home and see a nasty black/smelly line running throughout all of the avocado slices, which should have been super obvious to the chef.

When I called the store to let them know, all I got was a quick, "Thank You," from the hostess/server. (I wasn't asking for a refund, just wanted chef to know). Could be that she didn't know how to deal with a complaint, but I chalk that up to poor training and little interest in customer service on management's and/or her part.

Have to agree that the styrofoam is a bummer. Will think twice about eating here again.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Undisclosed
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Go to Mi Apá for the good Latin American food. The wait staff are helpful and friendly. This is the type of restaurant where you seat yourself. You have a choice of sitting inside or outside. Good variety of items on the menu. The beef empanadas are a favorite starter of mine. Not so thrilled with the styrofoam plates and plasticware.

• Visited June 2013