“Dirty, Dirty, and Unresponsive Staff” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Alachua
Atlanta, Georgia
“Dirty, Dirty, and Unresponsive Staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I stayed here for the Florida game. Initially, we checked in and the printer had no ink so they printed our receipt and made us sign a basically blank sheet of paper. Upon entering the room, it looked like it had not been vacuumed in months and was filthy. There was food on the floor near the nightstand and the duvet cover was full of stains. The tub was also full of hair and had not been cleaned either. On the second night of the stay we returned to realize the towels that we had thrown on the bathroom floor were hung up on the towel rack and obviously were still wet. This is disgusting on many levels especially given the state of the floors in this room. We called for new towels, the desk attendant said 10 minutes. An hour later I went to the desk and got towels and complained about the towel situation, the excuse we are busy this weekend. Finally, after checking out and leaving my wife realized they charged us for stuff we did not use ie safe fees even though we never used it. Should I have checked closer sure but with all the taxes government puts on rooms I just thought it was another tax. Stay far away.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

90 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
weeki wachee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband and I spent one night on a road trip in August. It was easy to find right off I.75 and our room was very clean and comfortable. We did not find the road noise bothersome as the air conditioner unit pretty much covered it. The continental breakfast was good (fruit, egg, sausage, cereal, bagels, etc. Great value! We will stay again if passing that way.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Sarasota, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

After driving all day we were looking for a motel to spend the night with our small dog. August 12, 2012. We stay at choice hotels because we are members. NEVER AGAIN! We checked in around 9:45 p.m. and the room looked dirty but we were exhausted and had to stay somewhere for the night. BIG MISTAKE! The coffee maker had the used filter in it from the previous guest. After getting ready for bed, we noticed the room was filfthy. Too late to do anything. Pulled back the sheets and the beds looked clean. WRONG! The next morning when we checked out early I started itching and thought I got bitten by a mosquito or something, not too bad. As the day went on and we were driving home to Sarasota, the itching got worse and worse, until I realized I was bitten by bed bugs. The next day went to the Dr. who confirmed. A day or two later, my husband started itching and same result after seeing the Dr. We were both given prednisone shots and meds and it took about a week for the rash to go away and the itching to stop. I called the 800 choice hotel no. because Quality Inn did not care about my problem until corporate contacted them.
Our night's stay and pet fee were fully refunded but we wanted our meds covered. The manager finally contacted us after I threatened to call health dept and said their insurance company would get in touch with us. Never did. The management of this hotel;/motel could not have cared less about us. When I complained at checkout there was a man right behind me who was also very upset about his filfthy room and said there were fleas in his room. I am thinking they must have been bed bugs too.

Room Tip: Check it out before you book. Go to trip advisor or yelp.com This entire hotel is filfthy except...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

Hotel well motel very poor the words I used to rep was I would not put a dog in that room
Dirty and dangerous two beds five of us asked where could my girl sleep they got a real bad put up bed which was dirty with hole in it and broke and they had to take table out to make room for it
Wanted to cry and get back on plane to go home after one sleepless night of a 21 nights stay paid a extra £800 to stay at lake Buena vista resort and spa which was first class well worth the £800 on top it had it all please don't be fooled by thinking that it is only a base this is real bad place stay away

• Stayed October 2011
Harrison TN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

The room had a bad smell, they said it was because it had just been painted, but it did not smell like paint. Before we could go to bed, we found a grocery store and brought Febreez and air freshner. The clock did not work, they only gave us one bar of soap for the tub and sink. and the floor in the corner looked like it had not been vacummed.

Room Tip: Try the Econo Lodge next door, I don't think it could be any worse
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
delray beach,fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I left my shaving kit at the hotel, and Roger went out of his way to find me and mail the kit. Outstanding service!
My room was clean, comfortable mattress, excellent breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

My stay was absolutely horrible. There were bed bugs in the room and the manager in training Octavia killed one with my husbands slipper. Then we were advised that the cost of the room would be refunded to my credit card, but the hotel went on to add two additional room stays to my card. Horrible hotel, horrible management and horrible customer service

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!