“Think it used to be better” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Winsted, Connecticut
“Think it used to be better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Bertucci's is a comfortable place to go for a meal. Not outstanding, but decent. They stopped serving the cheesy strips of focaccia (sp?) with pomodoro sauce, which is a shame. The last two times we've gone (after not having been there for a couple of years or more), we had a waitress who was trying just a bit too hard. It made the meal more exhausting than it needed to be. I had the veggie calzone, which was extremely bland. My daughter had the mac and cheese, which I think she enjoyed, but it was the dessert featuring ice cream on a warm cookie crust that utterly won her over. If she has anything to say about it (and she usually does!), we'll likely go back just for that now that we're spending more time in the Avon area.

Overall, I'd say it's an OK place with lots of options for varied tastes. It's conveniently located to a couple of shopping areas and is pretty moderately priced. It would be a good place to go for a group outing, since there's lots of space and plenty of scope for combining tables to accommodate large parties.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

avon, ct
“Chicken wings or Cornish hen?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We occasionally take out from Bertucci's and have noticed that the pasta is never cooked fresh but always just heated, so that the sauce never really blends in with the pasta but it is something we tolerate when we order there. But we were looking for just a simple appetizer and called in an order for the tuscany chicken wings.....what we got looked more like cornish hen wings, they were small and certainly not worth the $10 charge....they were tasty and rather spicy but that did not compensate for the price....so be forwarned, don't expect much from the wings

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Consistently good food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

So nice to have a "neighborhood" eatery that can be counted on to provide a consistently good dining experience. Even when they are crowded, they are so efficient the wait is not long and the food is always good. Their fresh from the oven rolls are served within minutes of being seated and the staff is excellent

Visited June 2013
“Great Restaurant, service leaves something to be desired.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

I go here often as the pizza is delicious. Today I decided to use a new bertuccis mobile app to order my food. When I got to the restaurant the girl working the to-go area seemed really overwhelmed and did not provide good service. I was then told my whole order did not go through and they only prepared half of my order. What i didn't get is that I got an email confirmation of my whole order but the restaurant didn't. To me it sounded like someone messed up. If you want to provide a new and convenient service to your customers I would hope it would be devoid of errors/issues. At least the manager came over and apologized but i was only offered a free app or dessert on my next visit. Whoopee ! (Sarcasm)

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Avon, CT
“I Love This Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

My wife and I dine at Bertucci's as often as we can. We love the food here!! We used to come here often when our sons were young. It was great for kids - noisy, loud, very kid-friendly, good food, catered to families, etc. Then when our sons grew up and moved away we stopped coming here for years. About a year ago we tried it again and I am so glad we did. The food is excellent - the cocktails are large, well-made and inexpensive, service is prompt and efficient, and it is always busy.

The farmhouse salad, big enough for 2-3 to share is one of the best salads one can ever order - loaded with fresh veggies, mozzerella and seasoned with a balsamic dressing! It is superior! The beet salad with bleu cheese is also excellent. Pizzas, like the "verde" and famous "Sporkie" shine. Entrees like chicken domani with pasta, and the great pasta dishes are more than enough for two to share when coupled with a salad and the warm yummy rolls served with olive oil. Everything I have ordered in the past year has been delicious. While it still can get noisy, requesting a table in the front by the window is advisable for less noise. Kudos to the manager - David Lloyd - a fine man and welcoming host.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Bertucci's? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Bertucci's, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.