“Wonderful!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Denver Airport

You added Hyatt Place Denver Airport to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Denver Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   16250 East 40th Avenue, Aurora, CO 80011 (Formerly AmeriSuites)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Park.Stay.Fly
Ranked #7 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
Ft. Bragg
“Wonderful!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Upon arrival we were greeted with a smile, I was there with 2 family members to watch a college football game, in Golden!! The hotel was vary clean, the room was huge, the breakfast was "great"! The staff was vary friendly and vary willing to help!!! Would stay their again!!! Thank You for a Wonderful stay!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
mcap56
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Stayed here for one night prior to an early flight from DIA the next morning. Excellent hotel! The rooms were clean, modern, comfortable and HUGE! Great showers. Very good beds. Very quiet for an airport hotel. Probably the best airport hotel I have stayed at so far. The staff was very relaxed and very friendly.

The only caution I would have is that all of the hotels near DIA seem to be a little further than usual from the airport. It's about 15 minutes to get there without traffic. Plan accordingly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Vail, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

The staff was really nice. The breakfast was really good. Our room wasn't cleaned 1 of the 3 days we were there so that was sort of disappointing. Overall, it was a nice experience at a decent price. The location was very nice and it was very easy to get to the airport from it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We recently booked a room for 8 days at the Hyatt Place Denver Airport in Aurora, CO. I chose the hotel by reading the recent reviews on Tripadvisor. There were many good things about the hotel, first and foremost, the staff. I cannot remember the last time I have been anywhere (except Disney World) where people were so pleasant to deal with and happy to help. On check-in the young lady staffing the front desk discovered that my credit card had expired. No problem, we would use my husband's card...it was expired as well! Thank goodness we had another card so we gave her that one. Although we added work to her evening, she was extremely pleasant and sorry to have bothered us with such details!!! The rest of the staff was just as pleasant, always had a smile and a good morning or good evening waiting for us as we came and went.

Our room was spotless everyday, but there were some things that we didn't like that are worth mentioning. The sink and dressing area are located in the bedroom which we really do not like. It is a large area with bright lighting and there is NO WAY for one party to remain sleeping while the other party dresses. My husband could not sleep or even watch television while I dressed because of the noise of the blow dryer.

The other thing that was maddening was how loudly the room doors slam. After the first time our door closed loudly, I was aware and always held the door as it closed. This was not true of the others on our floor and the slamming started as early as 4:00 AM as I am sure people left to catch flights out of DIA. We have stayed in many hotels in our 30 years of marriage and traveling and I think the doors at this this hotel are by far louder than any other we have visited.

For the first time ever, I booked the Hyatt Place almost a month before our stay through a third party (Southwest Airlines) and although I requested a king sized bed, we were given two double beds. Two queens would have been fine, but DOUBLE, I didn't know hotels even used double beds any more. I was told at the front desk that since we booked through Southwest, the "regular" customers were given the first choice and all of the kings were taken. Like I said, we were there 8 days and that is a long time in a double bed!!!

For the first few days our hot water was iffy. Some mornings we had it and others we had luke warm water, not even warm enough to cause the shower area to steam up. On the fourth morning we called and it was fixed before we came back that evening. Our air conditioner was also iffy, to make it come on we had to lower it to 55 degrees! It would come on for a second and then go off and come right back on.

I don't know if we were given a room that was not up to par because of booking through a third party but if that is the case, that type of thing backfires on hotels. The nice staff and clean room could not make up for the things that made our stay uncomfortable. I think rather than looking at third-party booking customers as second in line for rooms, this hotel ought to consider the fact that they might be gaining customers for their chain. We ended up leaving a day early and as we pulled out of the parking lot my husband (who has never complained about a hotel) asked that I never book with Hyatt Place again.

I think this hotel is fine for business travelers or one night stays, but for longer visits there are many more hotels in this area that offer more comfortable amenities.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Just as the Hyatt Place Denver South, this property is really great. Welcoming Staff, Spacious and spotless clean rooms, fantastic breakfast. I am trully impressed by the quality of those Hyatt "Places" and I think I finally found "my" hotel brand to stay while travelling the USA. Special thanks to that nice lady who drives the shuttle for giving us the voucher for the Steakhouse across the street! So very kind of you! I highly reccomend this hotel to everybody. Many thanks Hyatt Denver Airport & Denver South!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Stayed just 1 night ahead of a flight out of Denver.
Quite simply a superb room and hotel. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough and would have quite happily stayed here for another few nights, if only to visit Ted's Montana Grill again.

Clean, new, with front desk staff better than the JW Marriott I'd just stayed in - some of the best.

Just to keep up with the tripadvisor trend.........it was outrageous that nobody opened my car door on arrival though!

Salt Lake City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stayed two nights at this hotel. It's located about 15 miles from the city center. I would estimate that it was 10 miles from the airport, just off of I-70 in what appeared to be a business park. The staff was exceptionally friendly and the accommodations were modern and clean. There were two Internet terminals in the lobby and they were very convenient. WiFi worked flawlessly in the room. The room was large and we liked having a comfortable sitting area that was set apart from the sleeping area. It had the feel of a suite. The breakfast was also good, nice selection of different things to eat. There were also some restaurants across the street and we ate at the Thai one. I would definitely stay here again. One thing we missed having was a hot tub at the property.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Place Denver Airport? Share your experiences!