“Worst place ever!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Airport - Aurora

You added Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Airport - Aurora to your Saves list
Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Airport - Aurora
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3705 North Chambers Road, Aurora, CO 80011 (Formerly Crossland - Denver/Aurora)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #31 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
Denver, Colorado
“Worst place ever!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I had so many issues with these people, from the ones at the corporate office to the ones at the front desk. I would never stay there again. I would never recommendthis hotel to anyone!!!!! The staff downstairs in the office was so rude everytime I needed something. They ran out of toilet paper everyday. Never clean towels. Laundry room was $2.00 to wash and $2.00 to halfway dry. This whole place was a ripoff!!!!!

• Stayed October 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Airport - Aurora, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize for the experience you had with our front desk employee for being rude and not having toilet paper or clean towels when requested. In response to your feedback, I had a meeting with my staff to address these concerns and to ensure that it does not happen again.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dau@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Be smart don't stay here. If you do you will understand why I say this. Bad bed,, one burner works one stove,,no screen on facuet so sprays all over dog piss on floor dirty greasy dishes ,,, the list never stops

• Stayed November 2013
denver, co
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

DO NOT BOOK THIS PLACE!! Confirmation means nothing, you can arrive there and not have a room! Reservation was confirmed online and held with my credit card. I picked up my nephew at 4p from work, when I recieved a phone call from this hotel stating they had moved him to Cherry Creek Location. INSANE!! He has no transportation, and we specifically booked Airport location since he could walk to work from there. The agent on the phone advised me that sometimes they are overbooked. NOT MY PROBLEM. Also advised me he was not the only one moved to another location. Again, NOT MY PROBLEM. I fail to understand how you can CONFIRM a reservation, and upon checkin "after" 3pm, you have NO ROOMS?!! This was unacceptable customer service. I just retired from 29 yrs in the airline business and have NEVER experienced this situation. Its quite frustrating!! I could have gone to this hotel in the morning, anytime, all day to checkin. There should have been some disclaimer about overbookings or the possibility of NOT having a room available if checkin at 3pm..according to Hotel's policy..... I hope they improve reservation policies and STOP inconveniencing potential repeat customers!

Room Tip: Don't waste your time and energy booking this place.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Airport - Aurora, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you had to be transferred to another hotel. Unfortunately, our hotel do get overbooked at times and we do our best to make sure to inform you in advance and accommodate you with room elsewhere.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dau@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I only stayed one night, but my experience at the Crossland Aurora was terrible. I will list reasons from my experience that contributred to my rating:
1) Show up after check-in and am told the room is not ready and to return in 20 minutes. This is excusable as it is common in any hotel. I return in about 30 minutes and am told the room is available but it didn't get a chance to have a "deep clean" and do I mind if the carpet is a "little dirty"? What choice do I have? I prepaid on a third-party site.
2) I enter the elevator corridor and am instantly greeted by a garbage-coated floor - few garbage cans desperate to be emptied.
3) Open the room door and am blasted by an absolutely putrid odor - a mix of smoke, rotten food, and cleaning product.
4) The carpet between the "kitchen" and the rest of the room is soaking wet.
5) Try to turn on the television - nothing happens. After struggling with it for a while I realize the outlet is dead. Change the outlet and it works. Barely.
6) Wifi does not work at all. When I checked in I was given a number to call "if I have any problems with the internet" - as if they expected there to be a problem. Sat for 25 minutes on hold waiting for this third party internet provider before I give up.
7) Decide to cut my losses and go to bed (with a little liquid assistance) and notice they have only provided me with a sheet, unless I was willing to use the disgusting, unwashed bed cover - no thanks.
8) Wake up freezing cold and resort to turning on the heater - cranked to "high heat" and not surprisingly...it doesn't work. Only get cold outside air.
9) few items I had in the fridge ended up frozen.
10) Insects on the ceiling all night.
11) Office didn't open at 7:00 as advertised. Waited around a little while after that so I could complain to someone but decided I'd rather just get the hell out of there.

Seriously, I've never had such a poor experience in a hotel. The only kick I got out of the place were some interesting conversations with the "characters" that live there long term. Characters indeed.
AVOID!

Room Tip: Sleep in your car.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that the only room we had available was one of the rooms that needed some work, which we don't normally rent. Unfortunately, the hotel was overbooked at that time and you were advised prior to checking in that it was the only room available. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have worked with my team to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dau@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Corning, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I stayed here for 30 days while working in the area
The Bad
Most uncomfortable bed ever
Crack heads in the hallway
A staff with no accountability
I turned in a leaking shower 7 times each time told they had no record
internet running at 100 Kbps slower then dial up
After checking out found my card charged an additional 166.60 (why this number even desk had no idea why)
Garbage piled in the hallway reminded me of the movie Candyman
Had to deal with incessant begging for cigarettes and a constant fear of having things stolen
The person who cleans rooms refuses to take garbage out.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Working in the area for a couple of weeks. Same layout as Suburban Suites. No daily cleaning. Lots of construction workers. Does have two burner stove, fridge, microwave, cable, and free Wi-Fi. Rooms don't stink or have bugs. Desk staff are great. Will be back, if working in the area. Oh, and no hookers like mist of the other area hotels.

• Stayed September 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Airport - Aurora, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Andy - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the front desk staff. I am pleased that the amenities of your guest room was ideal for your stay.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Needed a quick, cheap stay before an early morning flight out. We got cheap, but that's about it. Cat food on the floor, shower drip, smelly, and the floors smacked of movie theater floors, i.e., stained, sticky and dirty. We do not recommend!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Airport - Aurora, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. I sincerely apologize that your visit was unsatisfactory. As the new General Manager, I can assure you that your concerns have been heard and addressed. I have shared your review with my team so we can make the necessary changes in our cleaning routine. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me, at dau@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area. Thank you, again!

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Airport - Aurora? Share your experiences!