“You should avoid this La Quinta” 1 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Denver Aurora
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1011 South Abilene St, Aurora, CO 80012   |
Ranked #15 of 50 hotels in Aurora
utah
“You should avoid this La Quinta”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

The good news; the room was adequate and housekeeping did a good job keeping it clean.
Otherwise, all other facets of this motel were entirely inadequate.
Outside groundskeeping is as inferior as I have ever seen. There is debris and trash everywhere. The exterior of the buildings are filthy and show universal damage and failure of periodic maintenance. Plastic bottles and room card keys litter the pool deck. The breakfast area, when I checked in at 2 pm, had food and trash throughout the area. The computer in use to assign rooms was frozen and there was delay in assigning a room. When I asked the clerk to make copies of a document, the printer was inoperative.
To state that management at this La Quinta is asleep at the switch in an understatement.
Do yourself a favor, choose another motel-a Motel 6 would be several steps up the hospitality ladder for quality and service!

Room Tip: Do not choose this motel1
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

143 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Stayed here because of past good experiences with LaQuinta. NEVER AGAIN. The room was a non smoking room that stunk of stale cigarets. The curtains had brown stains on them the carpets were dirty and there was what appeared to be mucus on the bathroom wall. The tub finish was coming off or the tub was severely stained. There was trash behind the bedside table.
The only thing that appeared clean was the bed. I showered with my sandals on. The only reason we stayed was we were traveling with a pet and it was late and no time to find another place. We did not feel safe staying at this location, you could see out from under the door, I can only imagine what it would be like on a cold windy night.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel on a one night business trip. I was very impressed at the cleanliness of the room. The bedding was clean and the bed was VERY comfortable. The room was perfect for me and met my needs. It was in an area where you could walk to dinner at Guadalajaras Mexican restaraunt. If you are in Aurora, this hotel is worth every dollar. I am to be considered a hotel snob. A week prior my boyfriend and I were in Denver and stayed at the Embassy Suites on Hampden and paid $85.00 per night. That hotel is very old and need a FACE LIFT badly. The only thing that they had going for them was their made to order omelets. Other than that old everything in the rooms, So I give the LQ all thumbs up. I had an early business meeting and didn't have time for breakfast, but I am ok with cereal, bagels, fruit for my morning start, I just didn't have a chance to enjoy!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I would definitely stay here again. The room was good, the bed was great. The bathroom was absolutely wonderful. My only compliant was that I had little or no cell phone reception in my room. As a woman traveling alone I felt safe and comfortable at the La Quinta with security walking around at night.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Sterling, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stay at this La Quinta during our yearly sojourns to Aurora. This visit presented no surprises. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. We always request a second floor room facing Abilene and the front desk has consistently tried to accommodate us. The room had updated carpet, a nice flat screen TV, good Internet connectivity and it was clean. The bathroom fixtures were due for an update. But, importantly they were clean.

The breakfast is adequate but there is limited seating for the amount of quests. Try adjusting your schedule to avoid the crowds or just grab some coffee and bagels and take it to your room.

The hotel location is the big draw for us. There is easy on and off access to route 225 and a great Mexican restaurant, the Guadalajara, at the end of the parking lot.

We’ll continue using this La Quinta. Based on the cost, it’s worth the price.

Room Tip: Request a second floor room facing Abilene.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn Denver Aurora? Share your experiences!