“Couldn't pay me to stay here again.” 1 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1011 South Abilene St, Aurora, CO 80012   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #20 of 51 Hotels in Aurora
New York City, New York
“Couldn't pay me to stay here again.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Stayed here because of past good experiences with LaQuinta. NEVER AGAIN. The room was a non smoking room that stunk of stale cigarets. The curtains had brown stains on them the carpets were dirty and there was what appeared to be mucus on the bathroom wall. The tub finish was coming off or the tub was severely stained. There was trash behind the bedside table.
The only thing that appeared clean was the bed. I showered with my sandals on. The only reason we stayed was we were traveling with a pet and it was late and no time to find another place. We did not feel safe staying at this location, you could see out from under the door, I can only imagine what it would be like on a cold windy night.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel on a one night business trip. I was very impressed at the cleanliness of the room. The bedding was clean and the bed was VERY comfortable. The room was perfect for me and met my needs. It was in an area where you could walk to dinner at Guadalajaras Mexican restaraunt. If you are in Aurora, this hotel is worth every dollar. I am to be considered a hotel snob. A week prior my boyfriend and I were in Denver and stayed at the Embassy Suites on Hampden and paid $85.00 per night. That hotel is very old and need a FACE LIFT badly. The only thing that they had going for them was their made to order omelets. Other than that old everything in the rooms, So I give the LQ all thumbs up. I had an early business meeting and didn't have time for breakfast, but I am ok with cereal, bagels, fruit for my morning start, I just didn't have a chance to enjoy!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I would definitely stay here again. The room was good, the bed was great. The bathroom was absolutely wonderful. My only compliant was that I had little or no cell phone reception in my room. As a woman traveling alone I felt safe and comfortable at the La Quinta with security walking around at night.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Sterling, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stay at this La Quinta during our yearly sojourns to Aurora. This visit presented no surprises. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. We always request a second floor room facing Abilene and the front desk has consistently tried to accommodate us. The room had updated carpet, a nice flat screen TV, good Internet connectivity and it was clean. The bathroom fixtures were due for an update. But, importantly they were clean.

The breakfast is adequate but there is limited seating for the amount of quests. Try adjusting your schedule to avoid the crowds or just grab some coffee and bagels and take it to your room.

The hotel location is the big draw for us. There is easy on and off access to route 225 and a great Mexican restaurant, the Guadalajara, at the end of the parking lot.

We’ll continue using this La Quinta. Based on the cost, it’s worth the price.

Room Tip: Request a second floor room facing Abilene.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Maricopa, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Management is the worst EVER. Brian was the night manager, and we showed him a BEYOND filthy room. He said nothing was wrong with the room and that we can cancel or stay. He was rude and uncaring. This is the second time he has been like this and I just want to warn EVERYONE that this location has gone down hill fast and do NOT stay here. PLEASE check out the room BEFORE the "per-authorize" your card so you can see what you're getting into.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple