“Clean and Reasonable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Denver International Airport

You added Econo Lodge Denver International Airport to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Denver International Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15900 East 40th Avenue, Aurora, CO 80011 (Formerly Sleep Inn Denver International Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #17 of 51 Hotels in Aurora
Atlanta
“Clean and Reasonable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I was a little hesitant about staying here because of other reviews, but it was convenient and not too costly. I had been stuck at the airport for 2 days, looking at one more. I needed a hotel, and this fit the bill fine. The room was clean and I had two queen beds although I only needed one. The area was nice enough to walk in. The staff was extremely organized and used a system of ledgers and highlighters to make sure that everything requested and needed was done. My bone of contention was the breakfast. Breakfast begins at 6 a.m. Several of us were leaving on the 6:30 a.m. shuttle to the airport. The breakfast staff just arrived at 6 a.m. So while they were setting up and making coffee, everyone was reaching around trying to get something to eat because of the time limit. Staff need to have everything SET UP and done at 6 a.m. Also, no pool. There were several kids and teens there that seemed to have nothing to. Sign said they were renovating for ADA purposes. Not wise during the main swim season. How many people are disabled that expect a pool to be compliant during a quick stay? The shuttles were provided and convenient. However, one had no air (opting to run the fan blowing hot air) and a huge crack across the window. He offered us a bottle of cold water. Then after everyone had the water he made sure that we knew he purchased that water out of his own pocket. Nothing like feeling like you had to tip plus. Second shuttle was a little better but had a crack across the window also. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Only the handicap rooms have a tub, so if that is something you want you will have to request one.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Spearfish, South Dakota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are tiny, however they were clean. It was affordable , and close to the airport. The pillows are tiny too. Don't expect to get more than 2 people in the 1queen bedroom. Best thing is they have a free shuttle to the airport and u can park there for $5 a night.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here the night before our flight home, and while there were no frills, we found the place very clean, comfortable and convenient. Breakfast was simple but good. I would stay at Sleep Inn again.

West Hollywood, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Horrible cigarette stench ,pillows were awful room old and outdated had that old smell.breakfast awful plastic tubs of butter and cream cheese that everyone handled really gross .So not worth the money paid ,just awful

Arnhem, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed here at the beginning of his trip and were pleasantly suprised. It's nothing special but the rate was cheap and the room was comfortable. The breakfast was OK and the staff was helpful when I had questions. We booked the hotel again before our departure, also because of the convenient location close to the hotel and restaurants. If you want to stay somewhere cheap but good in the Denver Airport area, you should consider this hotel.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

The only room left was a smoking room... And we don't smoke. The girl at the front desk was really sweet, though, and gave me some air freshener since there weren't any non-smoking rooms available. I also had to take my room key back to the front desk because I couldn't get it to open the door. She made a brand new key for me to try, and it kinda worked. On my way to dinner, I told her it worked, but I have to put the card in about 3 times before the door unlocks. She told me she'd have someone check it out. Honestly, I didn't believe her. Not because she wasn't nice, but mostly because she didn't ask for my room number. I was wrong! Maintenance came to my room and I showed him how the key doesn't work very well. He cleaned the lock, and it worked great!
While I didn't care, I thought I should add that the pool is out of service (June 2013). I also can't comment on breakfast or the shuttle since I didn't use them. The parking lot was somewhat full, but we still found a great spot for the night. There are many fast food and sit-down restaurants nearby, and this hotel is close to the Denver Airport. You can also use their computer in the lobby and print your boarding pass!

Stayed June 2013
Fairplay, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

When my usual motel at the airport raised prices to something out of line, I decided to check for others near the airport that allowed me to stay and then leave my car until my return.

Sleep Inn was less than half the cost of the other motel, even with a $5 per day charge for leaving the car, but just as clean, staff was just as pleasant and while a bit smaller room, just as comfortable I have a new favorite airport motel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Days Inn & Suites DIA-Denver International Airport
BEST WESTERN PLUS Denver International Airport Inn & Suites
Baymont Inn and Suites Denver International Airport

Been to Econo Lodge Denver International Airport? Share your experiences!