“Parking, Parking, Parking!!!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Denver International Airport

You added Econo Lodge Denver International Airport to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Denver International Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15900 East 40th Avenue, Aurora, CO 80011 (Formerly Sleep Inn Denver International Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #17 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
Aurora
“Parking, Parking, Parking!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

They let so many people leave their vehicles there while taking a flight that they don't leave anyplace for their guests to park. I had to park in the grass. Then the smoke alarm started chirping in my room at 3:00 in the morning. Not all that pleased.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Sligo, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We arrived late at night - check in was quick & easy, service was great. The room was warm and cosy, there was plenty of car parking space.
Breakfast was ok - toast, bagels or 2 types of cereal but for the price was fine. 10-15min drive from the airport, very easy. Great airport hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Colorado Springs
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Since bad weather was moving in, I decided to stay the night near the airport instead of making the 1.5 to 2 hour (in good weather) trip the morning of the flight. I am glad I had a place to stay as opposed to braving the bad roads...having said that, this really isn't a place you would want to stay unless you don't have any other choice. The rooms are tiny and almost barren feeling. There is no pool. It is very loud...I can hear the traffic and rooms/tv's next door to me. I thought I was getting a pretty good deal, but I think I overpaid about $15 to $20 or so.
Again, better than sleeping on a bench at the airport...but lots of other better choices around here!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Leadville, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We hear the tv next door well into the night and then their cell phone alarm woke us up, but not the people next door. We banged on the wall to wake them and shut their alarm off. The room was very small and I think the bed was only a double. When I got in the shower, the only soap was by the sink. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Say somewhere else
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Avon, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Booked this hotel so that we could leave our car while on a short trip to Omaha. I flew into DIA on Thursday evening, my sond was driving in from the mountains and was to arrive around 2am. I called the hotel from the airport in order to request a ride, even though they advertised that they circled about every 45 minutes. I was unable to reach anyone at the hotel (phone rang and rang, no answer). I dialed 411 and requested they ring the hotel. Same results. I called my daughter-in-law and requested she call the hotel. Same Results - no answer. She even called the other Sleep Inn to verify the number - which they did but offered no other solutions. Still no answer. After two and one/half hours I talked a limo driver into taking me to the hotel ($40). I asked him to wait while I made sure they were still open. The hotel had lights and people behind the counter. I explained what had happened but the gal just responded that she had been there all evening and did not think they had a problem with the phone. She did take a call while I was at the desk. Not once did she offer an apology. The room was fine and we reserved a van to take us to the airport the next morning. Upon returning on Tuesday we called the hotel to request a pickup. The phonje was answered (thank goodness) however after an hour and fifteen minutes and no van, we called te hotel again only to be advised that the van was on the way. The van arrived about 15 minutes later. SOOO, if you are looking for parking and transportation to/from the airport DO NOT STAY HERE. The Embassy Suites, Comfort Inn and several other vans came through two or three times while we waited for the Sleep Inn Van. This is a CHOICE Hotel and NOT A GOOD CHOICE

Room Tip: Don't choose a room here.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
North Canton, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We used the shuttle service twice during our vacation and was pleased to find the shuttle drivers friendly and helpful. That was a good thing because the front desk staff was NOT! They weren't necessarily rude to us just distracted as if they couldn't be bothered to check us in, answer any questions or help us in any way.

Clean area for breakfast but minimal selections as usual for a Sleep Inn.

Pool was clean and well kept. It is a busy hotel but the room we had was clean and quiet. Good value for the money we spent even with the front desk staff behavior.

Restaurants and food mart nearby for convenience.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Gorey, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Do not stay in this hotel!! This is the 3rd time we have stayed here and it was good value for a place to stay on the way to/from the airport. No frills, but predictable. We have kids and they really look forward to the pool. We stayed several weeks ago and the pool was freezing and all the phones were out of order. I chalked it up to the hectic holiday season. Then when we arrived today and checked in, a part of 3 adults and 4 children with a mountain of luggage, we don't know until everything was in our room that the pool is vein renovated. There is no notice on booking sites or even a sign in the hotel. The door to the pool, which is borded up and painted, has a roller blind down over the door so you can't see it is borded up. When I asked the girl in reception she shrugged and said she could check us out if we wanted. The money was already gone off our credit card and all the Zillion bags in take room. Kids in tears. The lobby computer is broken down. Everything in this hotel (pool, elevator, computer, phones, staff) is broken and tired. I wonder if they are closing the hotel for good. We will NEVER come back. This is my first negative review on trip advisor, so take my advice, and take your business elsewhere. I wish we had.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Econo Lodge Denver International Airport? Share your experiences!