“Smelly and horrible” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Denver International Airport

You added Econo Lodge Denver International Airport to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Denver International Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15900 East 40th Avenue, Aurora, CO 80011 (Formerly Sleep Inn Denver International Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #18 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
“Smelly and horrible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

Let me start by saying, checking in is ok so long as you don't inconvenience the girl from her cell phone. Then you get the run down smelly room. Oh and just because they have camera's in the parking lot your vehicle is not safe,mine got broken into while there and the front desk wouldn't even contact police for me, I had to find the number and call for a report from my cell, police asked to review the video and the front desk said he would have to come back in a week when the manager was back, they are not allowed to let anyone see the tape. This hotel was a nightmare from beginning to end. Funny I never got my usual survey to fill out after my stay? Wonder why?

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

The hotel is very nice and very clean. The staff is kind and the breakfast good. However I had chosen this hotel because it offers a shuttle bus to and from the airport. While the service to the airport was perfect, the service from the airport was terrible. Once arrived in DIA, I called the hotel to let them know that I was at the shuttle bus platform, waiting for their bus. They told me that the shuttle would have been there in 5 minutes. I waited more than 40 minutes before it arrived. Shuttle buses of other hotels had the time to pass three times! A couple of American tourist was already at the platform before me: they had to wait about one hour.
It could have been a bad day.... but I will not chose this hotel anymore.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Stayed for one night to catch flight early next morning. Could not connect to wifi from my laptop so I tried my iPad. No luck. My son tried his laptop. Still no good. Called front desk and was told the internet was working correctly. Went down to lobby, and it was the same story. I went back to the room and was able to connect to the wifi from the hotel across the street.
The room itself was reasonably clean, however the bathroom door would not close completely and did not give adequate privacy. Otherwise, the room was acceptable, and the beds were comfortable.
The morning was another disappointment. We had to catch the 5 a.m. shuttle to the airport so we were unable to have the hotel breakfast which starts at 6. I was hoping to get some coffee, but was told that coffee was not available and I would have to walk to a 7-11 located about a block away and buy it.
Overall, the hotel was reasonably clean, and it is convenient to the airport. However, the lack of working wifi, and the absence of available coffee at 5 am really brings the value of this hotel down. I will NOT stay here again, and I recommend you stay someplace else, too.

Room Tip: You can pick up a fairly strong wifi signal from the hotel across the street if you stay on the east...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We cut our stay short because of all of the following: every single day we stayed (5 days total) we had to have our key-cards reactivated because they stopped working. It's really annoying to have to hike down to the lobby after finding out that once again the key-card didn't work. We had toilet flushing problems and had to change rooms. When I brought this issue to the attention of the staff, their solution was to bring me a plunger... apparently so I could plunge it myself! Then about half-way through our stay, at 3:30 in the morning, a fire-alarm goes off. Everyone in the hotel had to evacuate and wait in the parking lot (most in their underwear). The fire department came 15 minutes later... it was a false alarm. The last night we stayed (before moving to a new hotel) we asked the front desk staff if we could talk to the manager directly. The response was that the manager should be in by 9:00 in the morning BUT "he's really grumpy and probably won't want to talk to you anyway"! I kid you not! This is what the staff person said! So it will come as no surprise that we DO NOT RECOMMEND this hotel!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Walhalla, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Needed a place to stay close to the airport because our flight was very early the next day. The hotel met our minimum expectations. Our room was very clean and the bed was alright. However, the air-conditioner wasn' t working correctly in our room. It never did cool the room down, but we didn't want to move all our stuff, so we didn't complain. Breakfast was nothing fancy, simply very simple( coffee, cereal, bread, store-bought muffins, etc) They did offer a shuttle to the airport, but we didn't use it since we had a rental car.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Other than being near the airport, this Sleep Inn doesn't have much going for it. Rooms are small...service not very good...and the A/C was old and very loud. Definitely better lodging options available near the airport.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Avon, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

We used this hotel coming back from the airport and everything was fine until my husband noticed several large bites on his back the next day, which now that I look on the internet were most likely bed bugs.

Room Tip: Bring bug spray for the bed.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Econo Lodge Denver International Airport? Share your experiences!