“Bad experience with the "park and fly" part of this hotel.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Denver International Airport

You added Econo Lodge Denver International Airport to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Denver International Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15900 East 40th Avenue, Aurora, CO 80011 (Formerly Sleep Inn Denver International Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #17 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
Rocky Mountain West
“Bad experience with the "park and fly" part of this hotel.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I chose this hotel because it appeared to be less expensive than many and all I needed was a place to sleep one night and leave my car for two nights while on a short trip. The hotel was adequate although no skin lotion in the bathroom in the dry climate of Colorado was frustrating. The worst part was the trip back from the airport to the hotel after a day of travel. When I arrived at DIA at 8:40 pm I called the hotel for a shuttle and was told it would be 25 to 30 minutes. I waited 30 minutes and called again. I was told the driver was there. When the driver finally appeared, he said he was actually at the airport when I first called. I could have avoided the first 30 minute delay. Then, we waited another 15 to 20 minutes while the driver looked for another passenger who had called for a shuttle. The front desk had evidently directed her to the wrong door and wing of the airport (West vs East). Long story short, I won't be staying here again because (a) they turned out to be just as expensive as most other hotels and (b) they do not understand the importance of good communication and punctuality when picking up weary travelers, especially when many of them have another hour of driving to do before they reach home!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Trondheim, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

The hotel has a good location to the airport. It has a free shuttle service to/from the airport. We stayed there for one night after a transatlantic flight. The hotel and rooms were very clean, quiet and all the staff were very friendly. So we had a good sleep for this one night. In the morning, the shuttle service took as to our rental car pick-up station which was quite convenient.
Breakfast was good however you did not get a big choice. But at least it was included in the room price and so you get really good value for the price compared to other much higher ranked hotels close by.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
matkaman
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

I liked this hotel. It's cheap and quality of rooms is good.
Close to airport and free shuttle from 0415 am-midnight.
Free breakfast ( I had no time to eat ) I had free coffee at 4am.

Room had very nice walk in shower and bed was cozy. Pillows were nice too and ladies at front desk pretty, helpful and polite.

• Stayed April 2012
Estes Park, Colorado, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

I used this hotel through Onestopparking.com to park my car while i was out of town. While I thought I was saving money, the receptionist/front desk clerk, Bayla (I think? was working the night of 3.22.12 at approx 11:00pm and later) cost me over $30 in taxi fees.

I called several times as my flight was headed towards denver trying to make sure the shuttle would pick me up, as my flight got in at 11:30 pm and the shuttle stopped at 11:45pm. Every time I called she said "ummmmm, just call when you get there". I was extremely nervous as my flight got delayed. I called at 11:43pm (within the parameters of the contract, though not convenient), when I asked for the shuttle to meet me she said "ummmmm, hold on". I preceded to wait for 9 minutes on hold before hanging up and calling back. When I called back and asked what happened she didn't asnwer. I asked where the shuttle would be, she said "ummmmm, I don't really know". After several attempts of getting an honest answer she said he went home for the the night. I asked her how this could be remedied, as I had a contract to be picked up and she put me on hold until after the service had "ended". She said I don't know what to tell you, it starts again at 4:15am. I asked her to send me a taxi and bill it to them, she said no. This continued on for several minutes, I asked for managers, she refused, every time I asked for her to correct the error on their part she could only answer with it wasn't her problem.

She was extremely rude, had a lack of speaking ability, and in my opinion, both the driver and she dropped the ball on a contractual agreement.

My $24 reservation has now turned into $60.

I will never reserve at this location again.

As the representative for the Sleep Inn she is a terrible clerk and should not be allowed to behave that way towards a customer.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Montrose, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

We have used this motel several times in the past years, particularly when needing to leave a car. We had a quick night's layover on Feb 16th, so I used my Choice points for the night. I called the Choice reservation line to make the res, and was told the shuttle ran from 345 am to 1245 am. This was at 1145 pm. I was put on hold to double check, then told to catch the Crown Plaza shuttle.?? I took the Crown Plaza shuttle, and the driver had no clue why I was on there, but took me to the Sleep Inn.
We got a good night's sleep and the room was clean and comfortable.
Breakfast was rough, with tiny bagels, doughnuts, and cereal...all carbs and cheap stuff, and the cleaners decided to clean the foyer, keeping the doors open from about 845 til 945, freezing everyone in the breakfast room out.
I tried to print my boarding pass, and the computer was siezed up and nonfunctional.
The shuttle to the airport was on time and efficient, although the driver acted half asleep.
This motel just seemed uncoordinated this trip.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Torrington, WY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

We had to be at the airport before 5 a.m., so we got a call at 4:30, quickly went downstairs and the shuttle was waiting for us. We were leaving our car for a week and were told where to park so that it would be lighted at all times. Our room was very quiet, no noise from adjoining rooms or the hall. Our only disappointment was that we were not told that we had to call the hotel for a shuttle when we returned -- we just assumed that they would be by every 30 - 45 minutes. It was there to get us about 15 minutes after we called and let us off right at our vehicle. We will stay again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

Very clean and comfortable for a room before an early morning flight. Great rate and shuttle service included.

The heater was a little loud, but easy to work around.

We would stay again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Econo Lodge Denver International Airport? Share your experiences!