“Well-appointed; Wifi not free; Staff hit-or-miss” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast and Internet
Ranked #11 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
San Diego, United States
“Well-appointed; Wifi not free; Staff hit-or-miss”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

PROS: - The room was quite lovely and very quiet. - The room service meal (veggie pizza) was delicious and the staff who brought it to my room was very friendly. - The airport shuttle was a huge plus and saved me $60 round trip. They will also give you a ride within a 5-mile radius. - The business center in the lobby made it very easy to print out my boarding passes. CONS: - Wifi costs $13 per day, or is free with certain qualifications. This is a huge issue for me. I don't care about a warm cookie or a huge renovation if I still have to pay for something like wifi. Wifi is free in the lobby. - The breakfast is quite overpriced. - One of the front desk staff was extremely rude. She wouldn't book an airport shuttle in advance, so I ended up missing my evening business meeting. She also refused to book a colleague's airport shuttle (though I was able to get a shuttle by speaking with a different staff member), almost causing him to pay an extra $60 for a taxi before he and I caught the error. RECOMMENDATION: - Overall, I would not recommend this hotel. I am sure there are places with friendlier staff and more amenities. - It comes down to cost. Consider the room fare, the cost of transportation to and from the airport, and the cost of wifi.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is very much appreciated. And, thank you for your compliments about the hotel. I also see your comments about internet access. We do offer packages that bundle together breakfast and/or internet access into one attractive rate. We also offer complimentary internet access in the hotel’s lobby. I do apologize for the problems you encountered. I will be personally speaking with and will provide your feedback to the front office tam. While I also note you would not recommend our hotel, I do hope you would reconsider that decision when you are again in in this area. I would be pleased to assist with your reservation. Feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Everything about this property is excellent, EXCEPT the size of the bathrooms. They are really tiny and have zero counter space. Otherwise, an outstanding experience. Friendly staff, good restaurant (meet Ivy, the hostess, who will take great care of you). Location is just off interstate and most convenient to CU Medical Center.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your positive review of your recent stay at our hotel. And, thank you for your business. Your feedback is very much appreciated. I am delighted to see your kind words about the employees, especially Ivy, in our restaurant. If your travel needs bring you back to this area, I hope you will again choose our hotel. I would be pleased to assist with your reservation. Feel free to contact me at David.Garon@Hilton.com.
Manhattan, KS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Good value for reasonable price. Rooms are large and well appointed. The dressing vanity outside the bathroom is a big plus. Bathroom and dressing vanity are granite. Lots of towels provided. Very clean and quiet. Ate in restauruant for first time, food was tasty, and reasonably priced.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for your business. And, thank you for the 5 for 5 review and your kind comments. I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay. I do hope that your travels will soon bring you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton – Denver/Aurora. I would be pleased to assist with any future reservations. Feel free to contact me at David.Garon@hilton.com.
Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

If you can't find this place, go back home! Nice basic American hotel right on I225. Very good staff, clean and quiet. We got in late and did not check in until 11pm, the desk fellow was awake, fun and very efficient. Two warm cookies to help us along the night. Good sized room, great shower except why do they put the shower nozzle so low on the wall? Will stay there again next trip.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you for posting your review of our hotel. I very much appreciate your feedback and your business. I am pleased to see you had a pleasant experience and that you would stay with us again. Feel free to contact me when you are in need of your next reservation. I would be happy to assist with the arrangements. I am available at david.garon@hilton.com.
Leadville, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

It wouldn't be a second year if they were not so good. I thought I had a reservation and evidently did not. I was accommodated with a nice smile and warm cookies. The room was great and later at nigh more cookies were left for Santa with orange juice. The price is quite reasonable, service was friendly and I would recommend to anyone in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
5 for 5!! Thank you!! And, thank you for your business and for returning to the DoubleTree by Hilton – Denver/Aurora. I am so glad to see you had another enjoyable stay with us. You have also paid us the highest compliment possible as you would recommend us to others. Again, thank you. We look forward to your stay in 2014. If I can be of help with your reservation, please feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.
Grand Junction, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Love, love, love this hotel. The location is great, staff is so friendly and accommodating and the hotel itself it stylish and well maintained and most of all the price was great!! My kids and I enjoyed the pool and hot tub and the beds in the room were extremely comfortable. They even went out of their way to get us a roll away bed when my two sons decided they didn't want to share a bed. I will definitely be returning to this hotel every time I'm in Denver.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much – both for your business and your 5 for 5 review of the DoubleTree by Hilton – Denver/Aurora. I am so pleased to see you enjoyed such a great experience! Our team members will certainly hear your complimentary feedback. I look forward to your return. Please contact me when I can assist with your next reservation. I may be reached at david.garon@hilton.com.
Salt Lake City, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

The rates vary from $76/night to $149/night. This seems excessive. And you have to pick a "package" that may or may not include breakfast, Internet, or toilet services. (Just kidding about that last one.) Internet was slow. Bedding is below average. Elevators could use some tweaking, so they don't fall out from under your feet when you go down.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Thank you for posting your review of our hotel. I appreciate the feedback and your business. I am sorry to see you did not like our “DoubleTree Sweet Dreams” bed and high thread count linens. Similar to most hotels, room rates can vary depending on many factors. Usually, the lowest rate is non-refundable. Discounts are also generally available for AAA and Seniors. A hotel’s highest rate often has the fewest conditions and/or restrictions. We do offer rates that include only the guest room as well as packages so guests can bundle together breakfast and/or internet access. If I can be of assistance to you in the future, please feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.

Been to DoubleTree Denver Aurora? Share your experiences!