“Not up to my expectations but not bad either” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Family Fun Package
Ranked #11 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
Haslet, Texas
“Not up to my expectations but not bad either”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

There was a fire alarm and the only alarm making noise was in the hallway. There was not a strobe light or alarm in our room nor was there any type of announcement in the hallway. If we had been in a deep sleep would not have heard the alarm at all. Entry glass doors always appeared to be dirty with fingerprints. Did not see any security during the visit. Hallway was not vacuumed while we were there. There was a food tray there one morning at 7 AM and it was still there at 10 PM. For the good ... the bed linens and pillows were great. The beds were not the best. The room was very accommodating for 2 females to have their "space" when getting ready. The carpet was quite stained. A/C worked very well. Microwave and ref were very much appreciated. Shower was good and hot but no ventilation in the bathroms. Certainly not the worst place I have ever stayed but not up to the same standards as I remembered in another Double Tree. Cookies were good. There was no help with luggage. And, we were concerned that we would smell smoke from the smoking rooms on the 3rd floor but we did not. We would stay again because of the location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay at our hotel. Direct guest feedback gives us specific information as to what we are doing well and what we can do to improve. All our life/safety systems are inspected and monitored. Also, your comments will be reviewed by our management team. We will promptly address the issues that we need to focus on and do better. I am so pleased to see that you will return. When you do come back, I am confident you’ll see the positive changes we have made. When you are in need of a reservation, please feel free to contact me directly as I will personally see to your arrangements. My email address is david.garon@hilton.com.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Franklin, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We made our reservations the day before we were to fly home at this Doubletree location and were not disappointed with the hotel for the price. It could have been a bit more updated but quite frankly we just wanted a comfy bed and a quiet room and it delivered. It was a little farther from the airport than I would have liked but Nathanial gave us excellent directions and an alternate route. The staff was friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton – Denver/Aurora. I am glad to see you enjoyed your quiet room and comfy bed. And, thank you for your kind comments about the service you received, especially about Nathanial. He will hear your complimentary words. I hope that when your travels again call for a hotel in this area, you’ll choose our DoubleTree. It will be a pleasure to have you back. For assistance with your reservation, please feel free to contact me directly at David.Garon@Hilton.com.
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

It amazed me when I saw some recent, less than flattering reviews for this hotel.
I was there from July 24-July 27, 2013, and what I experienced was very different from some other reviewers reported.
From the time I phoned from the airport requesting a shuttle I was impressed with the friendly, get it done attitude of the staff.
My first impression of the hotel, inside and out, was that it is a very clean, well maintained property.
When I entered the hotel a young man at the front desk had my key ready and all he needed was my I.D. and a signature.
I went straight to my room #101, and found it to be VERY, VERY clean.
During my three nights there the a/c was perfect; it was quiet with just enough of a “hum” to make nice White Noise that helped me sleep. It kept the room comfortable without annoying noises. Everything worked like it was supposed to. The maids cleaned it in timely and efficient fashion, each day.
The bed was VERY comfortable with a down comforter and nice pillows.
The only shortcomings to the room, I thought, was a too small shower (although I did like the showerhead). An overweight person would likely have trouble fitting it, and oddly located light switches (due, I expect to updating).
I was treated friendlily, with kindness and the greatest respect by every staff member I had contact with.
My room and all the areas I visited were very clean at all times.
I did not try the restaurant.
I had absolutely no problems while staying there, have already recommended the hotel to a few people and would not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: 101 was nice and very well located.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for posting your comments about your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton – Denver/Aurora. I am so pleased you stayed with us and had a pleasant experience. It is delightful to see that we exceeded your expectations in many areas. Your comments will be shared with the entire team. I hope that you will soon have the opportunity to stay with us again. I look forward to your return. I would be happy to assist with your next reservation. Please feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.
maple valley, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Filthy carpeting throughout, poor physical condition of the hotel, uncaring staff, zero management presence and significant life/safety issues relative to fire alarm procedures. Fire alarm going off with no management direction on evacuation, no all clear notification very disappointing.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for posting your feedback about your recent stay. We take comments regarding life/safety issues seriously. Although rare, fire alarms do occur at hotels. Upon check in, I highly recommend guests read the emergency evacuation information located on the back of each guest room door. When there is an alarm at our hotel, the local fire department is immediately dispatched. Upon arrival, the fire department takes control in dealing with the alarm. The entire building is checked, We work closely with the fire fighters to promptly react and respond to life threatening situations. I do apologize that the communication after the alarm was not better. We will work to improve that communication. Please let me know if I can be of help to you in the future. I can be contacted at david.garon@hilton.com.
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Hotel was not up to usual standard, front desk staff rude. Other staff such as the shuttle drivers and wait staff were friendly and great to deal with. Housekeeping had to be asked to clean room and change linens

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I am very sorry that our hotel did not meet your standards and service expectations. I apologize for any inconvenience and frustration we caused you during your stay. Recently, there have been changes in both our front office and housekeeping teams. We have already received positive feedback regarding those changes. Your complimentary comments regarding our shuttle service will be share with the shuttle driver team. I hope that when you are again in need of a hotel in this area, you’ll consider coming back to our DoubleTree. I am confident you will notice the positive changes. I would be pleased to personally assist with your reservation. I am available at david.garon@hilton.com.
Brookings
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Great hotel staff.... helped us through a very negative start to our trip!! The food was great, the rooms were clean, the staff was consistently helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Denver.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Wow, five for five! Thank you! And, thank you for your business. I am so pleased to see you enjoyed a great stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver/Aurora. Your comments will be shared with the team members at the hotel. I hope that your travels will soon bring you back. A freshly baked chocolate chip cookie will be here when you arrive. Please allow me to assist with your next reservation. I am available at david.garon@hilton.com.
albuquerque, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

this hotel was pretty bad, for the price. carpets looked like they hadn't been cleaned in a year and i wouldn't walk on them in my room in bare feet. beds were double, but skirts were too large and the bed looked sloppy. hallways were worse and furniture there was also dirty. jacuzi did not work properly. food was mega expensive. service was average. from outside and lobby, place looks fine, but inside - not so good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
I am very sorry that we failed to meet your expectations in many areas. I have reviewed your feedback with the hotel’s management team and steps are already being taken to address the issues you have brought to our attention. There will be improvement. I hope that when your travels bring you back to this area, you would consider staying with us again. I am confident you will have a much better experience. I would be honored to assist you with a reservation. I can be reached at david.garon@ Hilton.com.

Been to DoubleTree Denver Aurora? Share your experiences!