“Great Service - Super Comfortable Beds” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast and Internet
Ranked #11 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
New York City, New York
“Great Service - Super Comfortable Beds”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I had reason to stopover in Denver, CO and found the Double tree in Aurora which I reserved for Saturday night. The hotel provided a complimentary and convenient airport shuttle which was a big factor in my choosing the hotel. The shuttle driver Jessie was a gentleman and a delight to drive with and upon arriving at the hotel I was warmly greeted and given my room. The hotel has attractive and clear entry and sitting areas and the room was large and well equipped. The bedding and pillows were extremely comfortable - A+ - really makes a difference in getting a great night's sleep! Great investment in bedding by the hotel! The buffet breakfast was not too extensive in selections but convenient since there didn't look like there were many dining options in the area. The restaurant area overlooks the lobby area and was comfortable. The front desk arranged for their shuttle to drive me to an appointment I had around 5 miles away, which was a tremendous help and savings. The staff was all friendly and outgoing and as an active traveler my experience here was completely perfect. I will definitely stay at this location again in the future as well as recommend to associates and fellow Trip Advisor users.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you for staying at the DoubleTree by Hilton – Denver/Aurora. And, thank you for taking the time to post your feedback about your recent stay. Wow!! I am so pleased to see you enjoyed a great experience complimented by great service as well as were able to take full advantage of our complimentary shuttle. Your comments will be celebrated with our team members. Please feel free to contact me when your travels bring you back to this area. I would be happy to make your reservation. I can be reached at david.garon@hilton.com.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

The good: Very good first impression. I booked this hotel because it was less expensive than the airport hotels, and was very conveniently located to my area meetings. I thought that the entrance and the lobby looked great and I was happy with the business center that had relatively new-looking computers available. All of the staff including the woman who checked me in, room service, and maintenance were very pleasant and accommodating- well trained. The food that I ordered from room service for dinner was delicious and arrived speedily.

The bad: Certain aspects of the guestrooms and bathrooms looked very dated. The shower fixtures were ancient - could hardly get the shower knob to turn. Also, the shower had been caulked several times and was peeling. The main light in the bathroom was out, and since I didn't want to call maintenance again (see below), I had to shower practically in the dark. If there was ever a hotel bathroom screaming for a PIP, this is it.

The ugly: The first guestroom that I checked into seemed nice, until I went to take a shower about 1/2 hour after arriving. I walked in to find about 2 inches of standing water in the tub and a weird smell. The front desk sent up a maintenance worker to fix it, but as he was leaving, he told me that it wouldn't work well until the next morning which didn't work for me. I called back down to the desk, and she moved me to a new room. Thankfully this shower did drain properly; however, out of the three towels provided, two were dirty, and the third had a hole in it.

I really wanted to like this property because I am a fan of Hiltons, but too many issues came up that could be avoided. It would be very difficult to recommend this hotel or return here in the future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Your feedback is very much appreciated. Thank you for your positive comments about the service you received during your stay. In the first quarter of 2013, our guest bathrooms are scheduled to be refreshed, with particular attention to improve the tub/shower. Please accept my apology for the plumbing problem you encountered in your first guest room. While unusual, plumbing back ups do occur. I was pleased to see that the guest service agent was able to promptly move you to another room. I hope that when your travels bring you back to this area, you will consider staying us again. I am confident you will see the difference and improvement in the quality of our guest room and bath. If I can be of help with your reservation, please feel free to contact me at david.garon@hllton.com.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was booked for our stay because of the close proximity to our family. After one night of no sleep due to the noise level, we are now looking at other hotel options even though the room has been prepaid. Walking thru the hallway to our room was a warning of what was to come. In order to make an attempt to fall asleep, the TV needed to be left on in order to drown out noise from other rooms. Please keep in mind that the local time was midnight when at home it was one oclock. And our day had started at five am. While my husband shut the TV off around three because it had quieted down, it is now 4:30 local time and the people in the connecting room might as well come over and introduce themselves.

Bottom line my husband is now looking at other options for the remainder of our stay. Even though our room has been paid in advance. Pretty sad with the state of the economy we are ready to book another hotel for three nights in order to ensure a pleasant trip during the holidays.

I am going to attempt to see if the front desk can remedy the situation but not getting my hopes up with the chance that we might have to deal with Monica. Or some stock response from the general manager who obviously spends too much time justifying what the hotel has to offer than actually fixing situations. I wish I would have read these reviews before booking my reservation. The condenscending responses from the general manager.

• Stayed December 2012
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincere apology for the excessive noise you experienced from nearby guest rooms. While your TripAdvisor post doesn’t say whether you contacted the front desk, the desk is open 24/7 to promptly and effectively deal with any guest issues and complaints that arise. I hope that when your travels bring you back to the Denver area, you will consider staying with us again. If you do want to give us another try, please contact me directly as I will personally make your reservation and also “own” your stay while you are with us. I am available at david.garon@hilton.com.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Reasonable hotel, selected only due to location. Breakfast fair at best. Clean but nothing exceptional. It is not in the best area of town, to say the least. The bathroom, in my room, was small and outdated. The pictures on line made it look much nicer that it actually is.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. And, thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your experience. Your feedback is taken very seriously as it provides the hotel much needed information as to where we are doing well and where improvement is needed. Our breakfast ala carte menu and buffet are in the process of being reviewed and updated to include more locally sourced items. And, our guestrooms, including the guest bath, are being refreshed in early 2013. We have completed other improvements to the hotel including new computers for our business center as well as an upgrade to our high speed internet service. I hope when your travels bring you back to this area, you’ll consider staying with us again so you can see and experience the improvements we have made. Please feel free to contact me directly for any assistance. I can be reached at david.garon@hilton.com.
Keene, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Only stayed for an overnight to catch a flight at 7am from airport. The rate was about $10 or more cheaper than other hotels that are by the airport and it even had airport shuttle available! Very nice hotel loved the hotel! Loved that idea that they had an Apple computer in the business center. Just wish to know it was connected to the printer. Computers actually worked fast compared to other computers at other hotel business center.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and for your business. I am so pleased to see you had such an enjoyable stay It’s great you were able to take advantage of the new computers in our business center. We have also just completed an upgrade to our wireless internet service. I look forward to your return. Please feel free to call on me if I can help with your next reservation here at the DoubleTree by Hilton – Denver/ Aurora. I may be reached at david.garon@hilton.com.
Midwest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Doubletree in Aurora, Colorado over the Thanksgiving holiday and found it to be an excellent value for our money! The room was well appointed and clean, although the bathroom seemed to be a bit dated. The bed was very comfortable and the room was very large. I highly recommend the Doubletree if you are in the area and need a room it was an excellent value!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your very nice review and for the compliments. And, thank you for your business. I am so pleased to see you enjoyed a pleasant stay. Please note that we are working on improving our guest baths. They will be refreshed in the first quarter of 2013. I hope that when your travels bring you back to the greater Denver area, you’ll stay with us again. I would be pleased to assist with your reservation. Please feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.
Grand Junction, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

The Web-site made this place look great for the low price, but be aware there is no free wi-fi and no free continental breakfast. Paying for those things would bring the price up to what you would pay for a nicer hotel. The lobby was nice, the room was ok and other common areas were acceptable. The friendly and helpful staff were the one bright point.

Overall, if the location is perfect for you then don't be afraid to stay here; otherwise there are probably better deals.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for posting your review. And, thank you for your kind comments about the hotel and the service you received. Please note that the hotel does offer competitively priced packages that include both breakfast and internet access included in an attractive rate. The packages are available through the Hilton website and by calling the hotel. I hope when your travels bring you back to this area, you’ll take advantage of one of these inclusive packages. If I can be of assistance with the reservation, please contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.

Been to DoubleTree Denver Aurora? Share your experiences!