“Hotel Customer Service Made the Difference!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Family Fun Package
Ranked #10 of 51 Hotels in Aurora
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Hotel Customer Service Made the Difference!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

This was a whirlwind trip from Miami to Denver for a wedding. The wedding was Saturday afternoon. We flew out Friday night arriving in Denver around midnight. We were scheduled to fly out Saturday around midnight. Hotels have set check-in and check-out times which meant that we needed to book two nights even though we would be in the room for a few hours.

When we explained our situation to the Doubletree desk clerk, who I will call Mr. Nick, he made provisions for us. Before booking the hotel, I checked Trip Advisor reviews. The biggest number of complaints was about the lack of hospitality of the night clerks. Mr. Nick put our anxiety to rest immediately. He was courteous and friendly, helped guide us to places to eat, provided us with a great room, and just exceeded our expectations.

I also want to comment on the service at breakfast. We had the buffet which was quite good. There were 3 different waiters/waitresses. Each one would periodically check to see how we were doing and if we needed anything. Considering we got the self serve buffet, we thought this was more of the same… great customer service.

I always expect quality from Doubletree rooms and facilities but it was the hotel service that made the difference in making our stay a memorable time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
I am so pleased to see you had such a great experience at the DoubleTree by Hilton – Denver/Aurora. And, thank you for your wonderful compliments regarding Nick as well as the customer service you received at breakfast. We very much appreciate your business and look forward to your return. Freshly baked warm DoubleTree cookies will greet you when you arrive! If I can be of assistance with your next reservation, please feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

The hotel staff were very nice and helpful, The hotel lobby, Bar and meeting areas look like they have been recently updated It was a nice are to hold a couple of small Business meetings that I had. The room corridors looked a little dated, but the rooms were nice and clean.
I would recommend and stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post a TripAdvisor review. I am so pleased to see you had an enjoyable experience. Your comments will be shared with our team members. Please note that we are currently working on refreshing the hotel. Our guests will soon enjoy an updated lobby and public space as well as improvements to our guest rooms. I do hope to see you again. Please feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com if I can be of help to you.
Fairfax, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

for the most part, staff was responsive and courteous. hotel property is a bit dated. elevators took extremely long and walls also seem fairly thin. there is a lot of construction on highway near this hotel right now as well. with all the options at same or better rates in denver, dtc, etc., i likely will not stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your business. And, thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. Customer feedback is very important as it gives us direct information as to what we are doing well and what we need to do to better serve our guests. Improvements are coming. Our guest rooms are being refreshed and our lobby, meeting and public spaces are being updated. Thank you for your kind comments about the service you received from our team members. They will certainly hear of your comments. I hope you will consider us again when your travel plans bring you back to the Denver area. The freeway work should be completed. Or, please feel free to ask for a guest room with a view of the beautiful Rocky Mountains! If I can be of assistance to you in the future, please contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.
Ribera, New Mexico, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

While vacationing, we stayed at this hotel, and we were extremely satisfied. The room was clean and comfortable. We were glad that the hotel provided WIFI. The front desk clerk had exceptional customer service skills. Total overall service was excellent. Our family plans to return to Colorado soon, and we plan to stay at this hotel. Would like to add that the price is very reasonable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Fantastic!! Thank you for your feedback and the wonderful five star review. And, thank you for your business. I am so pleased to see you enjoyed such a great experience at the DoubleTree by Hilton – Denver/Aurora. I will personally insure that all our employees hear your kind comments. We look forward to your return. If I can be of assistance with future reservations, please contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.
Vallejo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

When my family and I arrived for check-in with pre-paid reservations for what I thought was for two rooms but turns out my credit card was charged for one room, but the 2nd room was still being held in my name. The front desk clerk (Monica) tried to charge my cousin 3x as much for the second room because she wanted to use her Visa/Debit card because the room was for her. This was crazy since the room was being held in my name under a pre-set rate. Then she said my cousin would have to pay and penalty if she checked out early. This Chick was crazy-rude. Thank goodness a second clerk stepped in and handle the matter because Ms. Monica was about to step deep into it...

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to complete the Hilton Survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated. I was pleased to see we earned 4 out of 5 stars. However, there is no question that the issue you experienced should have been handled differently. And, I am very sorry the situation occurred and I offer my sincere apology. The hotel’s Front Office Manager will be reviewing pre-paid (advance purchase) procedures with her team. I am confident that when you return to our hotel, the problem will not happen again. I offer my personal attention to your next reservation. Please feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.
Aurora, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

This hotel is great for a short term stay in Aurora, CO, about halfway between Health Sciences campus and Denver Tech Center, near freeway exit (and near light rail access). Rooms are spacious, clean and up-to-date (WIFI, entertainment system). In-room dining is good, so is the service overall. Great price to value ratio when pre-paying for the room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank You!! Thank you for your kind comments and for your business. I am so pleased to see you enjoyed your stay. I agree with you, the DoubleTree by Hilton – Denver/Aurora has an excellent location. Close to the Anschutz Medical Campus, the Denver Tech Center and Denver’s airport. I hope you’ll return to our hotel when your travels bring you back to this area. In the meantime, if I can be of assistance, feel free to contact me at David,garon@hilton.com.
Plympton, Massachusetts, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Have been staying here for 5 weeks and plan on staying longer i have let alot of things go but not feeling very good with sum of the staff front desk not all bad.sum of the cleaning girls are great but you have a thief. cars in the lot have been robbed tires my work truck back bed picked apart.found old pizza behinde head board found from the smell .if my business is not valued we will have to go somwhere else

Room Tip: top floor 6
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback and thank you for your business. Your positive comments about the front desk team are greatly appreciated. I sincerely apologize for our housekeeping failures. Your comments have been shared with our Housekeeping team. They have pledged to do better. I am confident there will be improvement. Again, thank you for your business. And, if I can be of assistance during the remainder of your stay or after your departure, feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.