“Very Good!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 51 Hotels in Aurora
Lima, Peru
“Very Good!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

My friends and I got our flight cancel to Peru so we decided to stay here. Making the reservation was really easy, very helpful front desk. We arrived and the room was pretty big the room service was fast and the food was really good. The breakfast was good and we had a great time by the pool. No issues at all!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
You scored us five for five!! Wow!! Thank you. And, thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton - Denver/Aurora. I am so pleased to hear of your terrific experience. While I hope you don't have another flight cancelled, I also hope you will stay with us again when your travels bring you back to the Denver area. Please contact me if I can help you in the future at david,garon@hilton.com.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Stayed here for the recent senior softball tournament. Got a great AAA rate and the room was beautiful with an awesome view of the Rockies. Oh, and did I mention the cookies everyday? This was a great trip. Will stay there again.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
It was such a pleasure to have you here for the senior softball tournament. I very much appreciate your team’s decision to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton – Denver/Aurora. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay. And, yes, many of our guest rooms offer terrific views of the Rocky Mountains along with their incredible sunsets. All of here at the hotel look forward to your return. The fabulous DoubleTree cookies will be waiting!! If I can be of assistance to you, please email me at david.garon@hilton.com.
Garden City, KS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this property for one night. Carpet was stained and walls were dirty. It was not what I expected. I payed $159.00 (excluding tax) for my small room and good breakfast, but was not satisfied. I complained to desk help and they only offered up free breakfast. I stated that I had already eaten breakfast and they apologized but assured me they would let housekeeping know.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for your feedback. And, thank you for choosing our hotel during your visit to the Denver area. I apologize that your guest room was not to the quality that you, or I, would expect. Your concerns have been addressed by our Housekeeping team. Guest room carpet and walls are now scheduled for cleaning more frequently. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. I am confident you will enjoy your stay. If I can be of help to you, please feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.
Destin, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

The staff at the hotel were fantastic starting with the shuttle driver who came out to Denver International Airport to pick us up. They even gave me a lift our second day to pick up a rental car. The hotel was extremely clean. The rooms were very comfortable and very well maintained. The hotel was crowded but very quiet. Good central location away from the downtown area convenient to all. We will stay here again on our next visit to Denver.

Room Tip: Use AAA or entertainment to get a very good deal.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Wow!! Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to see you enjoyed such a wonderful experience at our hotel and were able to fully utilize our complimentary airport shuttle service. Your kind comments will be shared with all of our team members. If I can be of further service to you, feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

It was a nice hotel, fairly clean with a good smoking room. But anything you needed or ask the desk for there was a charge. Also breakfast 15.00 was set up outside the elevator so first thing going up or down was the smell. It was so bad that I actually had to try it, but I never spend 15.00 for breakfast. The best thing about it was the coffee, oh and it had waitress that you had to tip. All hotels should give you a cup of coffee and a doughnut or something. From the view of the hotel seemed like a industrial area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thank you for your review. And, thank you for your business. While we charge for breakfast, we provide an extensive menu including ala carte options as well as a bountiful buffet. So, a guest can order just what they want. We do pride ourselves on our coffee – whether it be in the restaurant or in our guest rooms (where Wolfgang Puck coffee is offered). Our location is close to everything – good restaurants, shopping, Denver area attractions, golf and the outdoors. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance. I can be reached at david.garon@hilton.com. .
Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

Decent hotel....Internet and breakfast costs money which seems to be the norm at these Hilton hotels (Internet is free if you're Hilton Gold). Always baffles me that standard Hiltons have a better reputation than Hampton Inn's regardless of the fact that Hamptons have more free amenities.

Few points
Decent 32 in HD TV in room with a lackluster programming package including HBO. Viacom channels were not present due to the directv dispute. AMC not available (even if they had Viacom channels). There is a welcome screen when you turn the tv on but it's not loud/exceptionally annoying.

Wireless Internet was a decent speed on the 2nd floor.

In room digital thermostat is nice. Windows do not open.

Parking was not a problem.

Hotel layout seems outdated with no thought to flow....elevators are in a somewhat annoying place if you wanted to be lazy and not walk thru the lobby or restaurant to get to the car...also found it odd that there weren't stairs at the end of my hallway to go downstairs (there are stairs but they don't go to the 1st floor). Elevators are also relatively slow and operating on an outdated system (3 elevators running on two call systems so you always have to press up or down on two seperate systems to ensure you get the nearest elevator). The side doors lock at 2100 and do not have key access.

There is no microwave or fridge standard in the rooms.

Desk clerks were too notch. I requested a fridge and one was quickly delivered for the duration of my stay. They were also very friendly.

Overall I would give this hotel 3/5 stars...the staff is great and does their best but the hotel ultimately suffers from problems outside their control-an older property and Hiltons barebones amenities in their standard properties. I would neither recommend nor ridicule this hotel to a visitor.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback about your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton. We very much appreciate your business. And, thank you for your kind words about our service, While we do charge for internet access in our guest rooms and for breakfast, we do offer a special package that include both breakfast and internet connectivity. Access to the internet is free in the lobby. Our breakfast buffet is extensive offering eggs, omelets cooked to order, breakfast meats, fresh fruit, cereals, yogurt and freshly baked pastries and breads. And, we are improving. Positive changes are coming for our business center, guest rooms and meeting spaces. If I can be of assistance, please feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

This was our first trip to Denver. I decided on this hotel because it offered shuttle service from the airport & because I'm a Hilton Rewards Member. I was impressed with everything about my hotel stay. We arrived extremely early. Check in is at 3 & we arrived at 9a.They were kind enough to accomodate our luggage & we were able to use the shuttle service until our room was ready. We ended up checking in at 1p with no problems. I booked a one king nonsmoking room. We ended up with a nice view on the 4th floor. The room was clean & smelled good. They do not offer free continental breakfast nor free wifi BUT that is specified in the details. There are several restuarants & shopping within 1 or 2 miles. I was a bit concerned about the area. I read several reviews about Aurora & how unsafe it is. I was pleased to know that the hotel is located in a quiet residential area. We did not rent a car but used the shuttle service provided by the hotel. That came in handy and we used it to the max. We will definitely use this hotel again on our next visit to Colorado.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Thank you for your business. And, thank you for your kind words regarding your experience here at the DoubleTree by Hilton - Denver/Aurora. Yes, when availability allows, we do check in guests prior to the posted check in time. And, I am pleased to see you were able to take advantage of our complimentary airport and five mile radius shuttle service. As you discovered, there are many offerings in the hotel’s “backyard” including a variety of restaurants and shopping opportunities. We look forward to your return. If I can be of further service to you, please contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.