“Quality facilities and food and service. Hard to get refrigerator for medicine. Otherwise, excellent accommodations.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Denver Aurora

Breakfast and Internet
Ranked #11 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
Leavenworth, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

Sorry about that. Put experience in place of title. Title should be: NICE STAY!

Room Tip: Ask for room with view of mountains. I got the parking lot and highway. If needed insure they unders...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton – Denver/Aurora. Your business is very much appreciated. And, thank you for your positive comments about our hotel and our service. I do apologize that the refrigerator you requested when making your reservation was not in your room at check-in. Please have the confidence in us that we have reviewed our procedures to better insure that pre-arrival guest requests are honored. I look forward to having you back at the DoubleTree. Until your return, if I can be of any assistance to you, please feel free to email me at david.garon@hilton.com.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

The property is impressive and there is an obvious emphasis on customer service by the entire staff. I notice customer service and the selection of staff and importance of customer experience showed. I had a sudden problem where an important item of luggage had not arrived with my flight. Front Desk attendant Nick went above and beyond to help me remedy the situation. Thanks, Nick. You'll go far in this world. When I'm in Denver, the DoubleTree is where I'll be.

Room Tip: No insight here. My impression of the property is that it's high quality and well maintained.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
All of us here at the DoubleTree by Hilton – Denver/Aurora thank you for staying with us. Your business is very much appreciated. We are delighted that your experience here met, if not exceeded, your expectations. Nick, with our Front Desk team, will certainly hear of your kind words. And, when your travels bring you back to Denver, we look forward to having you back at the DoubleTree! In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

The hotel is in a nice location with plenty of good restaurants nearby. Hotel will provide shuttle service to those restaurants as well as airport service. Great desk staff. The hotel is a little old and could use a good refurb. Would be nice if there was an exec floor. Carpet dated, elevators old, doors tend to slam shut on the floors.
Had numerous problems with the TV service - engineer came by and was extremely helpful - could not get certain channels to work and had to move rooms, inconvenient but not the hotels fault and the staff was very friendly.
Would probably stay here again as the location is good, but would hope it gets an update soon.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
I appreciate your feedback about your recent stay at the DoubleTree Hotel – Denver/Aurora. Thank you for your kind comments about the service you received, especially at the front desk. Our team will certainly hear your comments. And, improvements are coming. I am currently working with our Corporate Office as to the timing of guest room and public area upgrades. We are planning a number of things to improve the overall guest experience. I hope your travels will soon bring you back to our hotel so you can enjoy these positive changes. If I can be of any assistance to you, please feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.
Florissant, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

I stayed in this hotel recently and would highly recommend it. The full hot breakfast, which comes standard if you're an elite HHonors member, is in the lobby next to a gorgeous fountain. The pool and hot tub were clean and nice and warm. Our room, though a little dated, came with standard amenities and was comfortable. We experienced a few minor challenges with our room heater but the hotel staff was more than accomodating and made things right. Free airport transfer is fast and efficient if flying in or out of DEN airport.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for posting your review of the DoubleTree Hotel – Denver/Aurora. Direct guest feedback is so important. I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I was also pleased to see that you were able to use so many of the hotel’s amenities including our pool, hot tub, restaurant and complimentary airport shuttle. And, our entire service team will hear of your kind words. If I can be of any further help to you, please feel to contact me at David.Garon@hilton.com.
Fountain, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

I thought the hotel and staff I delt with were great, It's clean and the service was great checking in and checking out!!! The elevators could be updated, but other than that it was great! Thank you!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Thank you for your business. And, thank you for posting your review of the DoubleTree Hotel – Denver/Aurora. Our team members very much appreciate your comments. Guest feedback is important as it gives us a great opportunity to confirm what we are doing well and where we can do better. We are so pleased you had such a pleasant stay. And, our front desk team will hear of your kind words. If we can be of any further help to you, please feel free to contact our General Manager at david.garon@hilton.com.
San Mateo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

I had business in Aurora and we stayed here due to good AAA rate. My room was clean and everything in working order. The bathroom was in great shape. Lighting was adequate. WiFi was fast enough for my email and such.

I went into the pool area to use the spa, which was clean and had an ample supply of towels.

We had breakfast at the restaurant - quick service and nice staff. Dinner was spottier in terms of service, food was ok. There aren't many dining choices nearby but if we had more time we might have ventured out.

They have an airport shuttle. Be sure you ask them what door to be near - I was at the wrong place and missed it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your opinion about your recent stay at the DoubleTree Hotel - Denver/Aurora. Your feedback is very much appreciated. I am very pleased to learn you had a pleasant stay. And, I thank you for your business. I did note your comments about the service and food quality you received at dinner in our restaurant. Since you were here, our Restaurant Manager has been working with her team on improving our table service. And, our Chef is currently introducing a new and, I believe, very tasty menu. If I can be of further assistance, please do not hestitate to contact me at daivd.garon@hilton.com.
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

The service at the hotel was terrific during my limited time at the hotel. I took advantage of the free shuttle to and from DIA. I called upon landing very late at night, and was surprised to find that the hotel was still running a shuttle, although there was a 45 minute wait for one. Still, it save me lots of $$$ on ridiculous cab fares to and from DIA, so I already had a good impression of the hotel prior to arrival. It is about a 30 minute ride to and from DIA, worth noting so that you can build some time to an from the airport. The driver was extremely friendly, despite my learning that it was her final night working at the hotel. I was surprised that once she dropped me off, she checked me in, too! I had a nice room, with a nice bed, and nice welcome amenities as a HHonors Gold member. My one complaint about the hotel would be the shower. It seemed like it was built for midgets and I had to majorly crouch to get under the nozzle. The elevators are slow. My driver to the airport in the morning was again very friendly. I recommend this hotel for its great staff.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Thank you for staying at the DoubleTree Hotel – Denver/Aurora. And, thank you for your kind and positive comments about the service you received at the hotel, especially our complimentary shuttle service to/from Denver’s airport. I do apologize for the inconvenience you encountered with the low placement of your guestroom’s showerhead. Within our guest baths, some showerheads are higher than others. When your travel plans bring you back to Denver/Aurora, please feel free to contact me directly. I will personally see to your reservation and pre-block you into a guest room with a higher placed shower head. Feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.

Been to DoubleTree Denver Aurora? Share your experiences!