“Hospitality at its Best!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Family Fun Package
Ranked #10 of 51 Hotels in Aurora
Florissant, Missouri
“Hospitality at its Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

I stayed in this hotel recently and would highly recommend it. The full hot breakfast, which comes standard if you're an elite HHonors member, is in the lobby next to a gorgeous fountain. The pool and hot tub were clean and nice and warm. Our room, though a little dated, came with standard amenities and was comfortable. We experienced a few minor challenges with our room heater but the hotel staff was more than accomodating and made things right. Free airport transfer is fast and efficient if flying in or out of DEN airport.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Thank you for posting your review of the DoubleTree Hotel – Denver/Aurora. Direct guest feedback is so important. I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I was also pleased to see that you were able to use so many of the hotel’s amenities including our pool, hot tub, restaurant and complimentary airport shuttle. And, our entire service team will hear of your kind words. If I can be of any further help to you, please feel to contact me at David.Garon@hilton.com.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Fountain, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

I thought the hotel and staff I delt with were great, It's clean and the service was great checking in and checking out!!! The elevators could be updated, but other than that it was great! Thank you!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Thank you for your business. And, thank you for posting your review of the DoubleTree Hotel – Denver/Aurora. Our team members very much appreciate your comments. Guest feedback is important as it gives us a great opportunity to confirm what we are doing well and where we can do better. We are so pleased you had such a pleasant stay. And, our front desk team will hear of your kind words. If we can be of any further help to you, please feel free to contact our General Manager at david.garon@hilton.com.
San Mateo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

I had business in Aurora and we stayed here due to good AAA rate. My room was clean and everything in working order. The bathroom was in great shape. Lighting was adequate. WiFi was fast enough for my email and such.

I went into the pool area to use the spa, which was clean and had an ample supply of towels.

We had breakfast at the restaurant - quick service and nice staff. Dinner was spottier in terms of service, food was ok. There aren't many dining choices nearby but if we had more time we might have ventured out.

They have an airport shuttle. Be sure you ask them what door to be near - I was at the wrong place and missed it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your opinion about your recent stay at the DoubleTree Hotel - Denver/Aurora. Your feedback is very much appreciated. I am very pleased to learn you had a pleasant stay. And, I thank you for your business. I did note your comments about the service and food quality you received at dinner in our restaurant. Since you were here, our Restaurant Manager has been working with her team on improving our table service. And, our Chef is currently introducing a new and, I believe, very tasty menu. If I can be of further assistance, please do not hestitate to contact me at daivd.garon@hilton.com.
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

The service at the hotel was terrific during my limited time at the hotel. I took advantage of the free shuttle to and from DIA. I called upon landing very late at night, and was surprised to find that the hotel was still running a shuttle, although there was a 45 minute wait for one. Still, it save me lots of $$$ on ridiculous cab fares to and from DIA, so I already had a good impression of the hotel prior to arrival. It is about a 30 minute ride to and from DIA, worth noting so that you can build some time to an from the airport. The driver was extremely friendly, despite my learning that it was her final night working at the hotel. I was surprised that once she dropped me off, she checked me in, too! I had a nice room, with a nice bed, and nice welcome amenities as a HHonors Gold member. My one complaint about the hotel would be the shower. It seemed like it was built for midgets and I had to majorly crouch to get under the nozzle. The elevators are slow. My driver to the airport in the morning was again very friendly. I recommend this hotel for its great staff.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
David G, General Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Thank you for staying at the DoubleTree Hotel – Denver/Aurora. And, thank you for your kind and positive comments about the service you received at the hotel, especially our complimentary shuttle service to/from Denver’s airport. I do apologize for the inconvenience you encountered with the low placement of your guestroom’s showerhead. Within our guest baths, some showerheads are higher than others. When your travel plans bring you back to Denver/Aurora, please feel free to contact me directly. I will personally see to your reservation and pre-block you into a guest room with a higher placed shower head. Feel free to contact me at david.garon@hilton.com.
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

My friend and I took a bump from Delta. Delta sent us to this hotel, as well as paid for the room. It was a bit far from the airport, but a huge storm was on its way.
We arrived and was given the room. We went back to the desk and asked if they had a toothbrush and paste. (We had checked in at the airport, so when you take a bump. You don't get your bags back.) The desk gave us that, deodorant, anything else he had to give us. Including hot cookies.
We used our meal vouchers at the bar. The food was surprisingly good. We almost went elsewhere (they offer a comp shuttle to nearby places)
We had chicken quesadillas.Huge pieces of real chicken breast, The turkey soup tasted better then home made. Tasted like Thanksgiving.
Did not spend much tie in room. But slept well.
We were very happy with our stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the DoubleTree – Denver/Aurora. All of us here at the hotel thank you for your compliments and are very appreciative of your business. When your travel plans bring you back or through Denver, I hope you will stay with us again. And, if I can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact me at David.Garon@hilton.com
Glendale, Colorado, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

The front desk was not very hospitable checking in or checking out. Rooms were clean, warm, quiet. The pool was great.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
David G, Manager at DoubleTree Denver Aurora, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. As the new General Manager at the DoubleTree Denver – Aurora, I am most interested to hear guest feedback. While I was pleased to see you enjoyed your guest room and the pool, I also noted that the service you received at the front desk did not meet your expectations. I see your comments as a training opportunity. I will personally be working with the Front Desk team in an effort to postively impact our service levels. I am confident immediate improvement will be realized. If you would like to discuss your stay in more detail, please feel free to contact me at David.Garon@hilton.com
Chandler, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

Room was ok but had an odor... For 2 days the towels smelled like dirty socks, several lamps did not work and when I turned on the Heat Lamp in the bathroom it blew sparks out at me... The room service is good but the food is not.
The people are nice but for the price I'd expect a cleaner appearing and smelling hotel with a gift shop thats open more than just a couple of hours in the morning...

On a positive note the elevators were quick...

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that look and smell clean...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
I sincerely apologize that you encountered housekeeping issues during your stay at the DoubleTree Denver – Aurora. Our newly hired Executive Housekeeper has seen your comments and will be working closely with her team to improve our Housekeeping quality. I’m sorry that your room service food did not meet your expectations. Our Chef has also seen your comments and is presently working on a complete revision and update to our room service menu. I believe this reworking of the menu will improve the food quality. Further, I will look at how we are presently staffing our gift shop to have staff more available when guests tend to need items. If you would like to discuss your stay with me in more detail, please feel free to contact me at David.Garon@hilton.com.