“Wonderful experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 51 Hotels in Aurora
sportsmommy
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

With children who play travel ball, I have stayed at countless hotels, motels and dives. This experience has been WONDERFUL!

Originally, the plan was for my daughter and I to travel alone and I booked a King suite. Although I was disappointed that the kitchenette only had a two burner stove, we were fine.

Upon arrival, we asked for a larger room, because my husband would be joining us later. A room was not available when we first checked in, but the staff was accommodating with my nagging request throughout the weekend. When a larger suite became available, we moved rooms. (We now had an oven - Yay!) The first day, I cooked and decided to run the dishwasher while we were out. The dishwasher flooded the room. The staff was very understanding and immediately changed us to a room across the hall.

The rooms are clean; the staff is friendly; the breakfast was somewhat lacking, but the weekly "evening social" was good!

Room Tip: Choose a room away from Airport Boulevard.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Melaine F, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Airport, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at the hotel, we value your feedback! Our staff genuinly strives to take care of our guests and make them feel at home! I am glad you had the opprotunity to enjoy our evening reception, it's a great way to relax and unwind .And we will address the issues with breakfast. If you stay with us again, I hope get the chance to meet with you in person! Warm regards, MeLaine Ferguson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Chester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stayed at Residence Inn Denver Airport June 8th with my brother and our wives on a trip to Ouray. We were picking up my sister and brother-in-law the next morning at DIA which is an easy 15-20 minute drive, so it is very handy for airport stays. This is also a great location for numerous upscale hotels and dozens of great restaurant choices. We had dinner at Ted's Montana Grill which was very good.
Residence Inn is a Marriott property and is set up for longer stays but I think it also works great for shorter stays for people wanting more room than a normal hotel room. With the two couples, we chose a 2 bedroom suite. It had 2 separate bedrooms, each with a bath, that was separated by a nice sized living room/kitchen combo. There was also a large sofa sleeper in the living room so the suite can actually sleep 6 adults comfortably. Comfortable beds and pillows and temp control for all 3 rooms make this suite even better for a group. Everyone has plenty of their own space and comfort. HD tvs are in each bedroom & the living room.
The kitchen has every thing you need for basic preparation of any meals, but with all the nearby restaurants and the very good breakfast spread the hotel puts out each morning, I would never use the kitchen. Breakfast included all the normal fare plus each day there is a warm buffet option (sausage, eggs and hash browns our morning) plus a waffle maker.
We were so impressed with Marriott Residence Inn that we stayed in another the next night in Grand Junction with 6 of us. Oh, and BTW, the price was cheaper per couple than getting 2 regular hotel rooms!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Melaine F, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Airport, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you the wonderful review! Your comments and shared experience are very much appreciated! Our team is dedicated to making every guest feel at home and part of the family! The Residence Inn breakfast is a favorite for many of our guests and I am happy you enjoyed the variety. And we are very happy to hear you enjoyed the suite. Please come back to see us soon.
Warm Regaurds,
Fort Lee, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Stayed one night and had a flight out the next morning. Everything was great. Hotel personnel were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very nice; large variety and frequently replenished.

Great choice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Melaine F, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Airport, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you the wonderful review! Your comments and shared experience are very much appreciated! We enjoyed having you stay with us. Our team is dedicated to making every guest feel at home and part of the family! We hope to see you back soon.
Warm regards, MeLaine Ferguson
Gainesville, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Spent 2 nights at this location. Easy to find, plenty free parking. Rooms nice size. Needs attention to detail ... Dirt trail on ceiling from vent. Wallpaper peeling. Nice breakfast but not attentive to running out or cleaning up. Friendly staff but just need some basic housekeeping skills in all areas

• Stayed May 2013
Melaine F, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Airport, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for the review, I have personaly addressed your areas of concern as far as the Clenliness , and thank you for bringing them to our attention. I’m glad to hear you had a good experience! We strive to provide our guests with memorable and exceptional service.I am happy our staff was there to accomidate you. I appreciate the comments and willingness to return and recommend.
Warm regards,
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I usually stay at the hilton garden inn across the street but i really wanted to try something different. This marriott property is fantastic. Not only is it clean but it feels modern and well kept. I really like the suite style setup with a dedicated living room and kitchen. The staff is attentive and the free breakfast/dinners are an added bonus. Airport shuttle doesn't run as frequently as it should given that it services the entire complex of hotels around the marriott.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Melaine F, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Airport, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
I am glad to hear that you decided to give us a try! I am even more glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you more on your future Denver stays.

Warm Regards,

Melaine Ferguson
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed here one night after my evening flight out of the Denver airport was cancelled. It was late, nearly 10pm by the time I arrived at the hotel. Fortunately, I didn't have to wait long at the airport before the shuttle arrived. Unfortunately, it is a shuttle shared by several hotels, so we stopped at several other hotels first, making the shuttle ride a little bit longer. Upon arrival, check-in went quickly and smoothly and the staff was friendly. I was tired from a day of travel and wanted to get a quick bite to eat and glass of wine before I went to bed. There wasn't a restaurant or bar in the hotel, just a small self-service area with a few beverages and food items. I walked next door to the Loft hotel which had a 24hr self serve pantry area with a little larger selection of food items, and I bought a wrap there to take back to my room. There were restaurants in the area, but it was cold and I was tired and didn't feel like waiting that long for a meal. Since there isn't an onsite restaurant or bar, it would be nice if the hotel had a bit larger selection of food items to purchase downstairs or a well stocked mini bar in the room. The room had a nice refrigerator and kitchen area, but without much choice of food or beverages to purchase, it really wasn't of much use to me. It would be great for travelers on a longer stay who had time to purchase food elsewhere. Other than that, my room was very nice. It was spacious and had a nice size sitting area and desk in addition to the kitchen area. It was clean and the comfortable bed had nice linens. The bathroom was clean and had a shower/tub combination. Overall the room was very comfortable and nice. It just needs a few more readily accessible food options for the tired, late arriving passengers who just don't have the energy to go out in search of food.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your comments and feedback, we strive to offer exemplary service for all of our guests. We'll definitely look into getting more food for our market area. We hope to see you on your next trip to Denver! A trip that is planned though, of course.

Warm Regards,

Melaine Ferguson
Lynchburg, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Our second time staying at this property during the last year. The stay was great. Front desk staff was efficient but also engaging. Breakfast selection was very good and room was clean. A few minor issues included the bathroom door not closing all the way and coffee being unavailable during a few minutes during breakfast, the elevator was also making some noise. Other than that it is what I would have expected from a Residence Inn and I would recommend this property.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Melaine F, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Airport, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
I have personaly addressed your areas of concern and thank you for bringing them to our attention. I’m glad to hear you had a good experience! We strive to provide our guests with memorable and exceptional service. I appreciate the comments and willingness to return and recommend. If you do return to the area and hotel stop by the desk and ask for me so I can thank you personally.
Warm regards,
MeLaine Ferguson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Woolley's Classic Suites - Denver Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Airport
Hyatt Place Denver Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver/Airport-Gateway Park
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Denver International Airport
Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park

Been to Residence Inn Denver Airport? Share your experiences!