“Quick and tasty” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #107 of 627 Restaurants in Aurora
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
“Quick and tasty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I was staying at a nearby hotel for an upcoming triathlon and was looking for a good pasta place. I happend to come across Noodles & Co while walking around the shopping center and decided to try it for lunch. It was so good - I ended up going back for dinner. I dined in for lunch and had the buttered noodles and parmesean chicken which totally hit the spot. I'm not a fan of lots of sauce - so this was perfect. I did take-out for dinner and had the cheesy garlic bread and penne rosa. They happily replaced the penne with their whole wheat linguine at my request. The food was very tasty and very reasonably priced. I would definitely return.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Stamford, Connecticut
“Tasty and quick take-out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We ordered a Thai curry soup, seasonal BBQ chicken salad, Med salad with steak and Mac and Cheese with meatballs. The soup was actually 70% noodles, with very little broth. I was told it tasted good, but would have preferred more broth to noodles. The BBQ chicken salad was excellent - fresh, appetizing and very tasty. The Med salad was ok, the steak was the highlight. It was mostly that the dressing was awful; I should have used the BBQ chicken salad dressing instead. The mac and cheese was ENORMOUS and the meatballs were pretty good, too.

Visited August 2012
Aurora, Colorado
“Always a great choice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

Always great service & food! I always have a hard time deciding what to get because there are so many great choices!

Fargo
“Macaroni and Cheese was not what I expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

I went to noodles and company after a long night out with friends and ordered the macaroni and cheese expecting it to be a delicious blend of perfectly melted cheeses. Well I was not in for a treat. The cheese was barely melted and it was bland. I had to ADD cheese to it when I got home in order to taste what I was eating. I have eaten here other times and have enjoyed it so overall I would rate it an average. The prices are pretty decent too for a fast food/sit down restaurant atmosphere. Service has always been great though!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Crestline, California
“Unimpressive Especially for the Price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

Noodles & Company is a cute idea with cute locations (usually) and a cute website. I'm sure it serves its purpose especially when located around a lot of office buildings where it will appeal to a lunchtime crowd looking for different and/or healthier choices instead of the usual fast food or bigger sit-down restaurants. However, it just doesn't add up for me.

Noodles & Company tries to do a lot of different things which is a commendable idea. However, they do none of them particularly well. Add that onto the prices which are higher than most noodle dishes from many Asian or Italian restaurants and...well, frankly, something brought from home or even one of the chicken noodle soup from Safeway sold in the plastic container would be a better and more flavorful choice.

The dishes here just have no personality. Sure, they taste like Thai, Italian, or whatever but they just don't satisfy -- too bland. In addition, they seem to want to take "al dente" to a new level and, no matter the dish, the noodles are far too chewy and thus take in no flavor from the surrounding sauce and spices.

As for this specific location in Aurora, the dining area was a little sloppy on my last (and probably final) visit there. Management needs to keep a better eye on the staff to make sure the place is kept clean.

Maybe I might go back sometime if I had a cold and did not want to go all the way to the grocery store for some chicken soup. As for regular dining, for me, this location as well as the others I have been to falls flatter than the noodles it sells.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere