“Carry out of town guests there.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #99 of 592 Restaurants in Aurora
Centennial, Colorado
“Carry out of town guests there.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Having lived in Texas many years & eaten at many, many Mexican Restaurants from Rock Port to Texarkana, I have found this is the place, in my opinion, for great Mexican food in & around Denver that comes up to par with dining experiences in lower U.S. Maybe a little slow at times, but worth the wait & food is well prepared. They also have a restaurant off Smoky Hill & toll road, but the one on Iliff is the place to go. Wife loves the coupons.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Aurora, Colorado
“Yummy, and consistant, too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We have been to this restaurant many times and have never had a bad meal or experience. This is not your typical Mexican food menu, and there are some very interesting dinners. For our most recent trip, I had the CHIMICHANGA MARINA and my husband had VEGGIE FAJITAS. Both were excellent, and we cleaned our plates. The prices are very reasonable. I enjoy looking at the interesting decorations, too.

The most incredible thing happened 2 days later. My husband realized he had left his credit card there; I called and sure enough, they had it. When he went to get it, there were probably a dozen other cards stored safely. Bravo to the honest folks there, especially Carlos, our waiter!!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Aurora, Colorado
“Above Average Mexican Food and Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

My wife loves this place, especially when she has a coupon. It is consistantly good, not too expensive and Roberto is one of the friendliest waiters we have ever had.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
“Regular Mexican food. Slow service for a Saturday night. Good value.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Six of us met for dinner and we had a wonderful time. That was due to our company, not the atmosphere or service at the restaurant. The food took a very long time to arrive once ordered. Everything was correct and decent. My fajitas were not something I would order again, but were pretty good. No one complained, or raved, about their dishes. Other than the food time, the service was good. Nothing really stood out, either good or bad. People have raved about other locations of the same restaurant. Maybe the chain has lost it's early appeal.

• Visited July 2013
Augusta
“Actually quite surprising”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I was a little wary of trying a place without any reviews, but I really wanted some Mexican food and this was close to the hotel I was at. The parking lot was pretty full, a good sign. The decor and style was cool, and it made quite a nice ambiance. The menu was pretty diverse, and not the usual 'Americanized-Mexican' food choice (where a #2 combo is the same at every Mexican place). They had a pretty decent selection of vegetarian choices as well as some off-beat combos and a spot for a build your own overstuffed burrito. When I judge a Mexican place, I usually base my opinion on the quality of the chips, the salsa, the fajita fillings, and the guacamole. The chips here were decent, nothing way above average but the salsa was decent. The vegetarian fajitas were great. The veggies included zucchini, mushrooms, peppers, carrots, and even baby corn. It was very well seasoned and not too spicy. The guacamole was above average, just the right amount of chunkiness. What really blew me away was the lime-cilantro rice. That was easily one of the best rice dishes I have had in some time. If I wasn't stuffed, I would have gotten another side order of the rice. The wait staff was friendly and prompt on refills, and the prices pretty reasonable. All in all, a pretty good dining experience and worth another trip to try one of the burritos next time.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to Ajuua? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Ajuua, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.