“Christian music and dried out food” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #329 of 627 Restaurants in Aurora
Cuisines: Chilean, Chinese
Davie, Florida
“Christian music and dried out food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

I went there on our last night in Colorado hoping for a memorable experience. When I saw the cheap price (around $12.00 or so) I should have known better. It was around 8:30 pm and there were few diners there. The food was not so good, perhaps it is better earlier in the evening. There were 2 kinds of sushi, both had sweet plantains where the fish should have been! It was also lukewarm instead of cold. Most of the dishes that should have been cold and most that should have been hot were almost all room temperature. I don't think this restaurant would have passed a safety inspection that night. The soups were ok. Of all the dishes there the best one was the green beans which were delicious. I tried a raw oyster and spit it out of caution. It was disgusting. The only meats that were worth eating were the ones without breading on them. The fried shrimp were breaded with tempura batter, looked great, but were doughy. The chicken wings were the smallest I have ever seen, and looked dried out. I did not try them. The Hunan beef was ok. All during the meal we were forced to listen to Christian music. On the way out you can but a variety of Buddha statues which does not make sense to me. Oriental music or any other kind would be preferable. Church music should be by choice and not forced on anyone. The staff was friendly and efficient.
This is one restaurant that should be avoided.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Kremmling, Colorado, United States
“SO RUDE!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

They are so rude!! They asked my friend to move because her son that has goldenhar syndrome was scaring another customers child.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“Didn't Hate It, Didn't Love It”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

When our son came home from college on a Friday night we asked him what he wanted for dinner, he said "Chinese buffet!" The only place we used to go on very rare occasions closed so we decided to give this place a try.

This was a typical Chinese buffet with decent variety. I tried a bunch of different things hoping something would hit with me - egg drop soup, crab Rangoon, egg rolls, ribs, fried rice, jalapeno chicken, chicken wings, spicy shrimp, sesame chicken & chicken with string beans. I honestly can't say that anything was bad. My favorites were probably the chicken wings and sesame chicken.

The dessert bar, however, was a different story. I tired cream puffs (dried out and stale), some type of tiramisu-looking gelatinous goo (not good) and a couple of almond cookies (ok).

Regardless we were all stuffed and miserable when we rolled out of there. Pretty pricey for what you get though. I believe the meal was around $16/person not including drink, tax or tip so expect to pay at least $20/person. Don't know how soon or if we'll be back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Aurora, Colorado
“good variety”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

I love Panda buffet. I always go there whenever I have guests in my house. They all love it. great variety in food. Price used to be reasonable before lately it seems little expensive.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“Great Value, Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

They have a stand buffet selection that changes very little, but the food is very good. I am a regular customer and will continue to be one. The staff is attentive and friendly. Very little english is spoken here, however. I like it for lunch. A good selection which includes peel and eat shrimp..

• Visited January 2014