“better customer service elsewhere” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #143 of 627 Restaurants in Aurora
Cuisines: American
denver
“better customer service elsewhere”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

Our waitress was fine enough, seemed a little on the new side. Brought the wrong toast, liveable mistake. Then my biscuits and gravy came out smothered in paprika. I've ordered this at several establishments and have never had it powdered orange. When I mentioned this to our waitress another waitress came with an extremely rude attitude stating she'd worked there for 15 years and it's always been served that way and you have to request it without if you don't want it. I grabbed a menu and nowhere on it did it say it either came prepared that way or to request it not prepared that way. I spoke to he general manager who also told me he was new. He tried to compensate me for the situation, however it was too late. As my guest and I walked out he scoffed at us and muttered "All that over paprika?" No, it was the poor treatment we received.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Dallas, Texas
“Typical Village Inn Food in Good Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We have eaten at other Village inns on occasion - the result is usually the same - good dependable food and the price is competive (imagine their big competition is probably Denny's). While the inside of the restaurant is clean and attractive, the location itself is in a rather run down shopping area and the restaurant front door is a little confusing to find (on the side rather than immediately facing the shopping center parking lot). All in all a good experience though.

Visited August 2013
Aurora, Colorado
“Great service and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

My family and I went there for Sunday breakfast and were impressed. You think its just a Village Inn- they wowed us! The wait wasn't too long, being a Sunday morning, and they had hot coffee available. We were seated and the waitress was very attentive to my 2 year old son- making him laugh and smile. The food came out fast and delicious. The manager came by twice to make sure we were happy and drinks refreshed. The service really surprised me since we normally get ok service with our son in tow. For families- great place to eat and since it's already loud in there, the kids won't be a huge distraction to other patrons.

Visited February 2013
Cincinnati
“Good breakfast foods”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Not gonna say much about the Village Inn - If you like Denny's, Perkins, IHOP, Bob Evans, etc. you'll like the Village Inn. Staff was friendly and prices on par with what you'd expect. Solid 3 Stars.

Visited May 2013
Aurora, Colorado
“Les than average”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Our food was not very good. We only went there because it was convenient...mistake. Our waitress was inattentive though not busy. The chicken fried steak was dry and did not have enough gravy with it. The pie was only sweet -- no real flavor.

Visited July 2012