“Our Favorite Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch
Aurora, Colorado
“Our Favorite Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I don't know what the complaining is about this restaurant. We've been going there for years. It's top-notch. The food is plentiful and cheap. I've never had any complaints about the chili rellenos. They're my favorite dish. The service is pretty good, although because they're always busy, sometimes you have to wait a bit. That's the price you have to pay sometimes. My daughters (now grown up) have always wanted to go there for special occasions, in addition to just whenever we go out. We never get tired of it. Whether it be breakfast or dinner, it may not be the place we always go, but it's always our #1 choice. Sam's #3.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Centennial, Colorado
“wouldn't recommend”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Been there twice. The green chili is tasteless, chili rellenos have only a strip of chili and a lot of cheese instead of a stuffed whole chili - and ours were served soggy and cold on the inside. Generally, they serve large helpings of cheap food. They must be operating on their reputation instead of their current food. We did notice that the restaurant is clean and we like the fried potatoes.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Wellsville, New York
“Great selection of excellent food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

On a recent trip to Aurora,CO I had the opportunity to eat brunch and dinner at this Sam's location.
The choices for each meal were numerous and it was difficult to make a choice each time, but after I did finally place my order I was extremely pleased with the quality, quantity and taste of the dishes I had selected.
You simply can't go wrong at Sam's. The others in my party all had similar reactions to their food selections. Everyone was tasting each other's food to get an idea of the taste. Everything was yummy!
The Mexican food meal selections were excellent as were the breakfast choices. If you leave this restaurant hungry, it is your fault. The portions are very generous and the prices very reasonable.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Plantation Florida
“Just like the TV show - Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Visiting from Florida, stopped here after getting my rental car. Had the onion rings and 2 Chili Relleno, which was shown on the TV show Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. Let's just put it this way, I wanted to take some with me, but it was so good, I put the whole thing down and was stuffed. Get here at off peak times of the day, or sit at the bar to avoid the wait. This is one place that will make me fly back to Denver. Come here before heading out to the ski resorts. They serve water in large carafes, which is important for those trying to avoid altitude sickness. Drink lots of water when you arrive.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Valrico, Florida
“rare to see this type of diner outside of the New York area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

What can I say but yum! The menu is outstanding, and I really wish I could go another 100 times if I lived in the area. We stopped by and tried some of the Mexican food, and it was great. We also tried some of their great desserts, to the point our waitress asked if we needed a wheel barrel to get us out of the restaurant. Great food, excellent menu for anything you are looking for, great service, all at a great value. Don't pass this place up!

• Visited February 2013