“Meat falls off the ribs” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bent Fork American Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 598 Restaurants in Aurora
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Peoria
Transit: Nearby to RTD stops, also I-225 and Parker Road Park & Ride.
Description: A locally-owned independent restaurant, The Bent Fork serves a diverse offering of traditional dishes that are inventive, fresh, and flavorful in a distinctive environment of casual sophistication. With our award winning menu, eclectic wine list, handcrafted martinis, art and architecture, the stage is set for our staff to deliver an experience that will melt away the stress, stimulate the palate, and leave you wanting more. Lunch or dinner, the ambiance, price points, and menu variety provide an environment that allows for a simple weeknight meal or celebration of a special occasion. Guests feel comfortable in casual or dressy attire, whether it's a business lunch, time with the girls, a Saturday night date, or a family meal. We look forward to welcoming you soon!
Aurora, Colorado
“Meat falls off the ribs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

.We went just after the place opened. We could smell the ribs barbecuing. We asked if we could get the ribs dry. The waiter told us the cook puts a light coat of the sauce on, but he would ask. He back and told us the ribs would be dry. They were moist and delicious. The portions were generous. The salads were crisp and the dressing was tasty. My wife had a bowl of chicken tortilla soup. She nearly licked the bowl. Service was prompt and efficient.

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Aurora, Colorado
“Unimpressive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

My wife and have eaten here frequently over the last few months. The service ranges from brazar and poor to good. The food - obviously chef prepared is often good but strange in it's offerings. I like their soups. We won't go back now for a few years as we've now been for lunch and dinner several times. I don't understand the awards on the wall. Nothing award winning there in our view.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great service, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

We were surprised by how good Bent Fork was -- our food was very good and the service was great. We would definitely return.

• Visited January 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
DFW, TX
“Good place for any casual occasion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

Stopped off here on the way up to ski from DIA. Researched its reviews and we were not disappointed. Good solid food, friendly staff, quaint environment, the best bread pudding we have ever had - - ever. We will be back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona
“Slow, Unprofessional Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2010

Take a look at my contributions and you'll notice that I don't often write negative reviews. However, I ate at the Bent Fork earlier this week and my server was awful. Her name was Maggie, I believe, and she just did not try at all. She took more than 10 minutes to come back with my beer. She mistakenly brought my plate out to the adjacent table, took it back, and I finally got it ten minutes later. Someone had a birthday in the restaurant and had leftover cake which she felt like eating not one, but two pieces right at the bar in front of the customers while I waited for to get another drink. I finally asked the bartender who was much quicker. That adjacent table by the way? Obviously disappointed as well, and I noticed they once waited about 15 minutes for water. Hard to believe, but it did happen.

The only saving grace was, in fact, the food. They do have a wide selection of unique dishes. I had green chile mac n cheese with elk sausage. It was good, but the service definitely left a bad taste in my mouth. I will not be back, and will not recommend the restaurant.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere