“Great german food” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Helga's German Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 627 Restaurants in Aurora
Cuisines: Delicatessen, German
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: E. Exposition and S. Abilene St.
Panama City Beach, Florida
“Great german food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

we went as a group. our server yvone was polite and very knowledgeable about the menu. Our food came out quick which surprised one diner in our party as she is a local and said usually there is a delay in the food but worth the wait. One order came out cold it was correctly quickly. Literally in 3 minutes he had a hot meal. The manager Tim? was attentive and aware of the guests needs. Def recommend!

Visited August 2014

Manheim, Pennsylvania, United States
“It's the real thing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

Great German restaurant. Great authentic food. Ate there twice in three days. Apple Strudel...yum!!!!!

Visited August 2014
“Great Food and Beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

I always enjoy coming here. The food, beer, and service is good. Reminds me of the food my Grandma use to make when I was young.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“Great German Cuisine: A Unique Treat for Denver and Aurora Metro Area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I can't think of any other German restaurants in the Denver area. I have eaten at the Black Forest Restaurant in Nederland, Colorado, in the mountains west of Boulder a number of years ago. There is also the Edelweiss in Colorado Springs. But in Denver I don't know of any others. I did not think the prices here were out of line at all. This is a specialty restaurant. I had the goulash on mashed potatoes, apple strudel a la mode and of course, German draft beer. The restaurant is in the parking lot of Aurora Mall, right off I-225. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but European delicacies await you inside. The food was hearty and delicious, I enjoyed listening to German music also! The staff is very attentive. I got the impression they enjoyed working there, always cheerful and coming out and talking to the manager, who was always present. The portions are epic, so bring your appetite, and get a box. I was impressed by the service, unique menu, beers, and overall ambiance of the place. I really felt welcomed and looking forward to returning. Also, some people here are fussing about the fact that they add 15% service charge so tipping is entirely optional. There is a big sign in the bar that explains this policy. Any tips over the charge are shared with the whole staff. I don't see the big deal. On a 27 dollar bill the service is only slightly over 3 dollars. Were some reviewers intending on not even leaving a tip? I didn't get the impression they are working less due to this policy, on the contrary the service was quite good. I will definitely be back.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Aurora, Colorado
“Excellent food and beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Helga's is our "go-to" place for German food. Schnitzel of all varieties, spatzle, rouladen, bratwurst, sauerbraten, ham hocks, and pretzels. I even brought my cousin, visiting us from Karlsrue, and he gave it his seal of approval.

In the past, Helga's has done a big Oktoberfest celebration in their parking lot. It was always a great time but they haven't done it in a few years. I hope they bring it back.

• Visited February 2014