“Nice BBQ place” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Papillion, Nebraska
“Nice BBQ place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

The atmosphere at this location was great, the Service was good, The menu had a great selection of entrees and sandwiches. I had the hickery grilled chicken breast, the flavor was lacking and it was a little dry, but others in the group said the place was great and they would go back.

Visited March 2013

Canberra, Australia
“great value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

This is one of my favourite places to eat in Aurora. Have been here multiple times as a couple and once a large group. We usually don't reserve a table and although they are busy, we can get a table after a short wait (5 minutes or so). I imagine you'd have to book for a Friday night though.

I've only had their sandwiches/burgers but they are delicious! Pulled Chicken is my favourite as it's really smoky and moist and my partner loves the Hamburger Dave. They also have the best cheese biscuits which they put on the table while you're waiting for the meal.

The service is really good too! I've been here close to 10 times and had an average service experience only once where the waiter was really apathetic but all the other times the waiters were really efficient and friendly and most of them go the extra mile to make sure you have a fantastic dining experience.

They also have some local beers on tap which is nice, especially if you're new to Colorado and want to try some local beer.

I like the atmosphere too. The restaurant always seems to be busy but it doesn't feel cramped or too loud. I also like the smoked meat smell. Definitely not a place for vegetarians though.

And last but not least, this place is very affordable and provides great value for your money. All the sandwiches and burgers are under $10 and the ribs are much cheaper than in many other places.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“Good food - check bill before signing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Hello again. Jim & Nick's has good food. The corn muffins are good (ask for the honey butter) but they will always give you an odd amount (3 for 2 people)- I asked them why and they said that it was a "conversation starter" for those who couldn't think of anything to say to one another. I would think that might lead to "back away from the muffin". The catfish is good, my husband aways has the brisket and sausage but I think the pickles on the bbq are weird. Their ribs are supposed to be their big draw but I like mine juicy and fally-aparty and these you will have to gnaw on. The lemon icebox pie is killer.
Ok, here is my downside. Three times when I have been there I have had trouble with my tab. Once I was charged an arm and a leg for my Arnold Palmer (lemonade with iced tea) - one charge for the lemonade, one for the iced tea and a refill- and the drinks cost more then the meal. Shame on me that I didn't catch it at first. The next time I was presented with a bill for a table of 8 when we had 2 people. Easy to catch- no waitstaff apology other than "I am really busy- Jeez". Yesterday the waitress ran my bill and the table next to ours both on my credit card. No, I didn't know the other diners and didn't offer to pay for their meal. My bill was $40ish and theirs was $80 something. I was told that I had to wait until the charge "dropped off" which meant that my $ was in limbo for 7-10 days. The manager was too busy to come to our table and when I called him the next day he said "these things happen". They happen at J & N all too frequently. Check your bill and fix it before you leave.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“Good food, good prices and great corn muffins”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is a family restaurant that has very good brisket sandwiches, pulled pork and sides. The portions are very generous and the sauces are tasty. The service is very good never in need of a refill or corn muffins. The manager comes around to make sure your well taken care of. This was our first but definitely not our last.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Golden, Colorado
“love the corn and cheese muffins!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

They were absolutely yummy...we finished our first basket and our server gave us a new one. But we decided to wait till we got our entrees otherwise we'll be too full to eat. I ordered the Double Decker sandwich which is made with bbq pulled pork and beef brisket, bbq sauce and you have a choice of having it on a regular or wholewheat bun or sourdough bread. You can also choose one side dish, and I got the fried green tomatoes. The sandwich was great and the fried green tomatoes were interesting. My hubby ordered the Southern burger and he chose collard greens as his side. The burger was more medium when it came and it was pretty 'blah' but we liked the collard greens.

• 3 of 5 stars Food