“A wonderful place to stay after surgery” 5 of 5 stars

1,000 bonus reward points
Ranked #5 of 51 Hotels in Aurora
GreenLeadersBronze level
Canon City, Colorado
“A wonderful place to stay after surgery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

After being in the hospital for 6 days following major surgery,, it was so nice to be in a very clean, well kept hotel. All of the staff was so friendly and helpful to us. Our handicap room was perfect for my husband. The layout of the room was so helpful in that my husband could get around with ease. The long hallways were great for him to walk through as he felt very safe. It was nice that the staff would stop and speak to him each day inquiring about how he was feeling that day. The breakfasts were so yummy. Everything was hot and the service was quick when we needed something.
We thank the entire front desk staff and the rest of the hotel staff for all their kindness shown to us. Yes, we have follow up dates to return to this very nice hotel when we need to see the doctor in 6 weeks, 3 months and 1 year.
Give this hotel a visit, you will be glad you did.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

This was a great place to spend our 5 night trip to the Denver area. It was a great area, close to the freeway, lots of restaurants (some you get a discount at when you show your room key!), and lots of shopping. It felt safe and had a great grass area to walk my dog.
The room was large with comfortable beds and an updated interior. The staff was very friendly and helpful. There was a large breakfast each morning, eggs, bacon, yogurt, waffles, bagels and more.
The only problem we had was with the wireless internet. It was spotty most nights, then couldn't get it to work at all on the last night (but we were going home soon so it wasn't too bad).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Orange Park, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Very clean and well kept. Staff was veryroffesional and friendly. The breakfast surprised me with the quality. I gave my wife two thumbs up for picking this best western!!!! You won't be disappointed ....

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Branson, Mo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed here for one night of a 3 night stay because the bed we had was not comfortable. Could have been because we were in the handicap room since it was their last room available. But we did not sleep well at all so we moved locations. The hotel was nice and clean ant the breakfast was nice. But the reason we go to a hotel is to sleep so we like good beds.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Louisville, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

This appeared to be an older Best Western, however, it was fairly well kept. I say it seemed older due to the fact that the sound-proofing was lacking a bit.It provided easier access by staying out of the larger city downtown. That tends to be more important to me than amenities.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Niantic, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Hotel appeared to be recently renovated with comfortable beds and LCD TV's. I stayed in a king suite which was a very large, comfortable room. Housekeeping kept the room clean and the fridge and microwave worked well. Continental breakfast was good and they do a happy hour in the evening as well with complementary beer, wine, pretzels, nachos, etc. which was a nice bonus. My laptop wouldn't connect to the wifi but luckily the rooms are hard wired and the front desk has cables to loan out.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

This review describes the way the hotel staff dealt with a very noisy guest in a room right above us. The hotel itself seemed fine but they did not properly handle the disruptive guest and so they get low marks from me. A family with a couple kids checked into the room directly above us and proceeded to run back and forth in their room and it sounded like they were also jumping off of the beds to the floor. I called the front desk to confirm that a family with kids had been put into the room above us and they said yes they did. I have 2 kids that are now teenagers so I know the struggle to keep them under control but this was constant running back and forth. I told the front desk about the noise and he said he would give them a courtesy call to ask them to try to be more quiet. It was a beautiful day so we were hoping they would take them outside to play or use the pool but they didn't. It was so loud that you would swear that there wasn't any insulation between the floors. Well the noise continued without interruption from 5 pm on as we left for dinner. When we came back it was still going on and my family just wanted to rest after a day of travelling. I called the front desk again around 10 pm and told the same clerk that they were still running back and forth and we would like to get some sleep. He said he was sorry about that and he would give them another courtesy call. I think we all passed out soon after that only to be woke up around 7 am to the same noise from upstairs. My wife and I went down to the front desk to ask them again to please see if they could get the guests to quit running back and forth. I also asked this front desk clerk (different from the night before) if the clerk from yesterday had left any notes about us asking them to do 2 courtesy calls about the noise the night before. She said "no, she didn't know about it". She called the noisy room while we stood there and told the guests that this would be their "first" warning and if she had to call again then she would have to ask them to leave. My wife and I left at that point to get some coffee. While we were gone, my son who was still trying to sleep in the room heard a knock on the door and got up to answer. It was the adult women resonsible for the kids in the room above us. It turned into a confrontation with her, her boyfriend (husband) and adult brother who berated my 17 year old son because we had called and complained about the noise. They were extremely rude to him and threatening. When my wife and I got back to the room my son was very upset (and tired) so we went down to talk to the frontdesk again. I told them what happened and asked if they were going to let them stay or kick them out. She said they were not going to ask them to leave so I said OK then we will. We packed up and left.
If the staff would have dealt with the complaint properly from the start, it could have had a different outcome. If we had decided to stay and then had more confrontations with this other family it could have easily become violent. We were moving our son there to go to college so needless to say, it was not a very good start to his new life in Denver. The next hotel made up for it though (Embassy Suites) and we really enjoyed our stay there. It was VERY QUIET.

Room Tip: If you must stay there, pick a room on the top floor.