“Unsatisfying BBQ experience” 2 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #114 of 627 Restaurants in Aurora
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Chain restaurant, 3 in the Denver Metro area, and one in Colorado Springs, CO.
Englewood, Colorado
“Unsatisfying BBQ experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I grew up in the south so have had my share of BBQ-most from bare bones shacks where you sit on picnic table style tables with a huge glass of tea and not much in the way of decor. But the food was why you went there. I had never been to Famous Dave's, but my son had been once and liked it so my husband, son, and I decided to give it a try one evening.
The decor is kitschy-trying to capture the feel of dive BBQ joints but it's over the top and off the mark.
The service was S-L-O-W even though they were not busy. I ordered a plate with 3 slider type sandwiches that showcased their most popular shredded meat sandwiches. I got a dollop of meat that was OK on a roll that was soggy. The green beans were good. My husband ordered salmon which he thought was decent and my son got brisket that he thought was good.
Personally I would stick to the dives and independent BBQ joints. It's more authentic and you will almost always get good food.

Visited July 2014

Aurora, Colorado
“Dining n Denver”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

You can count on Famous Daves for a decent meal, good food nice portion reasonable prices BBQ with the traditional side dishes. all the meat and side dishes are great choices. Recently I tried a drink named Moonshine from the bar, it was surprisingly good, can't wait to get back and have another one I like Famous Daves and eat there often

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Denver
“Best Bar-B-Que in Denver”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Dave's offers very good Bar-B-Q at reasonable prices. The restrooms are usually clean and the whole atmosphere offers a complete dining experience. Get there early on holidays, although the place is rather large, the seats fill up quick. I do not rate this particular restaurant as high as the one in Denver, because the three times I went their the food was a little overcooked or maybe just left out under the lights too long for my taste.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Parker, CO
“Finger Linkin' Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Food is always good, hot, and timely. Service is always pleasant and not over-bearing. I love the casual atmosphere and it's a great place to have the whole family. Kick back with delicious food.

The hot sausage links are so good don't be surprised if it goes missing from your plate. Be ready to guard your huge portion of food and to lick your fingers. Elastic waist-band suggested!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Parker, Colorado, United States
“Famous Daves December 2013”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We got in for dinner early this night. The Hostess suggested we might want to sit in the bar area where they were still have food specials and Happy Hour. Football was on also. We took her up on her suggestion. It was a great Idea. Rib tips Al Carte were $5.00 and a small French fry was only one dollar extra. We went with the Smokey Ice Tea for cocktails and they were very good and the price was great. Our waitress was very friendly and we received attention almost immediately. She was very good at explain the differences between then dinner menu and the bar menu with the meals. I am at the age where more is not better the amount of food provided with the bar meal was just fine, The food was very good. Famous Dave's must have good quality control because I don't think I have ever been disappointed in their food in any restaurant in and state. With the Bar menu specials and the happy hour prices we had a great meal at a fantastic price. We will try to do this more often.

• Visited December 2013