“Don't even let you pet stay here!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora North

You added Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora North to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora North
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   14095 East Evans Avenue, Aurora, CO 80014 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Denver - Aurora)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #30 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
“Don't even let you pet stay here!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

This is a dive motel with undesirable people walking around. There is mold on bath tiles along with hair stuck to the soap dish. Beautiful stench like any musty smelling room w/ hole in ceiling. The front desk help are slow to respond. I WILL CERTAINLY STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE FROM NOW ON!!!

• Stayed November 2012
Adrian S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora North, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The cleanliness issues you described are not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. We will continue to coach our team to ensure that these kind of issues are going to be addressed and ensure that does not happen again in the future. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I invite you to contact me at dva@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is located in a prime location. Close to many restaurants wihtin walking distance. Friendly staff and spacious rooms. Under new management, and many changes being made. Rooms are clean and staff is friendly. hotel has been a bit neglected over time but management is making obvious chsnges to turn that around.

• Stayed November 2012
Adrian S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora North, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I was delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay! We continually work to improve our hotel and I really appreciate the positive comments you made and I look forward to serving you again the next time you find yourself in Aurora. I invite you to contact me at dva@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments.
Roseville, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

The location is right by 225 and a few restaurants which is very convenient. The front desk staff is friendly and is very helpful especially when you run out of items you need like soap, coffee etc. thus ends the positive review. As the saying goes, the devil is in the details and this is where this Extended Stay falls short. Now don't get me wrong, I realize that you get what you pay for but this goes beyond that. First of all, the majority of clientele residing at this location are pigs without the understanding that there are other people living in this world. Our room was at the end of the hall way next to an exit door and a stairway door. All day and night you could hear the two doors slamming (so make sure you do not get a room next to the stairway or exit.) No one used "inside voices" especially when it comes to children and the majority of dog owners have done a poor job training their animals to not bark at the slightest noise. There was a dog owner whose dog would bark for 20 minutes on end. Twice we attempted to contact the owner while the dog was barking but he/she was never home and when we went to the front desk to submit a complaint they said they would contact the owner, but this was never followed up because the barking never ceased. If you are thinking about renting a room on ground level be prepared to keep your windows closed unless you enjoy cigarette smoke entering your room. While on the topic of pigs, most smokers huddle around the entrances and the majority of the time smokers would not use the smokers station or if they would they did not know how to extinguish their cigarette so it would light the other cigarette butts and act like a disgusting incense stick. The mess would usually be present along with trash of the sort for a few days before being cleaned. Even for the price I would expect the staff to take better care of the grounds, enforce the peace and quiet rules and overall better attention to detail.

Room Tip: If you book here make sure to request a room not by an exit or stairway door you will sleep better.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Adrian S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora North, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. While I was concerned reading about your experience, I was thrilled to hear the positive comments concerning staff. We work very hard to provide quality service to our guest and I sincerely apologize that there were noise disturbances that impacted your stay in a negative way. To prevent this from happening again, management will sit down with staff members and discuss ways to pro-actively eliminate this problem. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you letting me know about your experience. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at dva@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
San Mateo, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I've stayed at this particular property several times. Always return, because it's great value and more importantly the staff makes me feel at home. That's important to me, when I'm on the road.
Clean rooms, cheerful staff and good pricing always brings me back.

Room Tip: I like requesting a non-smoking room toward the front of the property. Always change towels as need...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Adrian S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora North, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed staying with us during your recent trip.
We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

This is the first review I have ever taken the time to write but this was such a bad experience that I felt I should let others know to stay away from this hotel. We travel often as my husband works for the Federal Goverment and I can honestley sat the hotel was beyond disgusting. We had booked a stay for 30 plus days at this Hotel. I cant believe we made it a week here!! We found black mold all over the shower curtain ( as you can see in the picture) and also in the bottom of the kitchen trash can. I removed the shower curtain and along with the trash can took it to the front desk for replacement. The bathroom faucet handle would come off every time you turned it on. I fixed that myself and cleaned and disenfected the room as well. Dogs barking all night made it hard to sleep. The hallways smelled so strong of smoke it made you sick. I looked at 2 other rooms that were worsre then the one we had!! Paint peeling of the kitchen tables, dirty carpets etc. The staff was nice but thats about it. First and last time we will stay at an Extended Stay. I wish I would have checked out the reviews here first but I never dreamed it would be anything like it was. We usually stay at Candlewood Suites or a Hilton brand hotel but thought we would try Extended Stay as it was in a convenient location for us. Their corporate office needs to come in and make some changes in this hotel like maybe close it down. remodel and clean it up.

Room Tip: Dont stay here.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora North, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel.  Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff.  I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

It is my pleasure to provide an explanation regarding the issue you described. Since we recognize that a quiet, relaxing environment is important to our guests, we have several systems to ensure that noise from within or outside the hotel doesn't interfere with your stay. Although rare, there are instances where a guest may hear noises from the surrounding area. Whenever we are informed of such disturbances, our standard operating procedure is to promptly identify the source of that disturbance and resolve it.

As well, we know that the room condition you describe is totally unacceptable and not at all representative of our quality standards. In response to your post, I have met with our hotel staff and used your review to help coach them on corporate policy. I take full responsibility that we were unable to resolve these situation to your satisfaction during your stay.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand locations in the future.
Orange Park, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

I came here on business and the first room that I checked into was dirty, the drain in the tub was backed up and the shower curtain was full of black mold. They offered an upgrade that was even nastier. I finally went with the second upgrade (that was still dirty) and cleaned it myself. I still can't believe that I paid them to clean their room. There must be fleas here from the pets, because my legs get bit. Everyone at the front desk handles my complaints as if unimportant. The "paying" customer is definitely not right here. Very shady. I stay in Extended Stays all over the country and this one is by far the worst. This place needs to shut down, remodel and replace the staff.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora North, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Denver - Aurora. We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why our mission is to provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price that guests want to come back to. The room condition you describe is totally unacceptable and not at all representative of our quality standards. In response to your post, I have met with our hotel staff and used your review to help coach them on room cleaning and inspection policy. Let me apologize that your stay was not completely satisfying and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly.
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

The first room they gave me was dirty, the head board fell off the wall and there was a condom wrapper in the bed. When I went back to the front desk clerk and told her all these things she gave me a choice to have them clean the room or give me an upgrade. I took the up grade even though it was a smoking room. The bed was so hard it felt like sleeping a on box spring, but all in all I was glad for the upgrade. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

, Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora North, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Denver - Aurora. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies. Like most extended stay hotels, our hotel provides different levels of housekeeping service based on the length of our guest’s stay, with additional services available for a nominal charge. I regret that we did not properly explain our services to you, and caused your stay to be less than satisfactory. Obviously, our staff training failed during your stay, something that I have brought to the attention of our staff with the expectation that such an incident will not occur again. It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora North? Share your experiences!