“Always enjoy my stay at Aurora, Colorado's Extended Stay Hotel on East Harvard Av.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora North

You added Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora North to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora North
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   14095 East Evans Avenue, Aurora, CO 80014 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Denver - Aurora)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #30 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
San Mateo, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I've stayed at this particular property several times. Always return, because it's great value and more importantly the staff makes me feel at home. That's important to me, when I'm on the road.
Clean rooms, cheerful staff and good pricing always brings me back.

Room Tip: I like requesting a non-smoking room toward the front of the property. Always change towels as need...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Adrian S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora North, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed staying with us during your recent trip.
We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

This is the first review I have ever taken the time to write but this was such a bad experience that I felt I should let others know to stay away from this hotel. We travel often as my husband works for the Federal Goverment and I can honestley sat the hotel was beyond disgusting. We had booked a stay for 30 plus days at this Hotel. I cant believe we made it a week here!! We found black mold all over the shower curtain ( as you can see in the picture) and also in the bottom of the kitchen trash can. I removed the shower curtain and along with the trash can took it to the front desk for replacement. The bathroom faucet handle would come off every time you turned it on. I fixed that myself and cleaned and disenfected the room as well. Dogs barking all night made it hard to sleep. The hallways smelled so strong of smoke it made you sick. I looked at 2 other rooms that were worsre then the one we had!! Paint peeling of the kitchen tables, dirty carpets etc. The staff was nice but thats about it. First and last time we will stay at an Extended Stay. I wish I would have checked out the reviews here first but I never dreamed it would be anything like it was. We usually stay at Candlewood Suites or a Hilton brand hotel but thought we would try Extended Stay as it was in a convenient location for us. Their corporate office needs to come in and make some changes in this hotel like maybe close it down. remodel and clean it up.

Room Tip: Dont stay here.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora North, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel.  Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff.  I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

It is my pleasure to provide an explanation regarding the issue you described. Since we recognize that a quiet, relaxing environment is important to our guests, we have several systems to ensure that noise from within or outside the hotel doesn't interfere with your stay. Although rare, there are instances where a guest may hear noises from the surrounding area. Whenever we are informed of such disturbances, our standard operating procedure is to promptly identify the source of that disturbance and resolve it.

As well, we know that the room condition you describe is totally unacceptable and not at all representative of our quality standards. In response to your post, I have met with our hotel staff and used your review to help coach them on corporate policy. I take full responsibility that we were unable to resolve these situation to your satisfaction during your stay.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand locations in the future.
Orange Park, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

I came here on business and the first room that I checked into was dirty, the drain in the tub was backed up and the shower curtain was full of black mold. They offered an upgrade that was even nastier. I finally went with the second upgrade (that was still dirty) and cleaned it myself. I still can't believe that I paid them to clean their room. There must be fleas here from the pets, because my legs get bit. Everyone at the front desk handles my complaints as if unimportant. The "paying" customer is definitely not right here. Very shady. I stay in Extended Stays all over the country and this one is by far the worst. This place needs to shut down, remodel and replace the staff.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora North, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Denver - Aurora. We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why our mission is to provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price that guests want to come back to. The room condition you describe is totally unacceptable and not at all representative of our quality standards. In response to your post, I have met with our hotel staff and used your review to help coach them on room cleaning and inspection policy. Let me apologize that your stay was not completely satisfying and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly.
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

The first room they gave me was dirty, the head board fell off the wall and there was a condom wrapper in the bed. When I went back to the front desk clerk and told her all these things she gave me a choice to have them clean the room or give me an upgrade. I took the up grade even though it was a smoking room. The bed was so hard it felt like sleeping a on box spring, but all in all I was glad for the upgrade. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

, Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora North, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Denver - Aurora. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies. Like most extended stay hotels, our hotel provides different levels of housekeeping service based on the length of our guest’s stay, with additional services available for a nominal charge. I regret that we did not properly explain our services to you, and caused your stay to be less than satisfactory. Obviously, our staff training failed during your stay, something that I have brought to the attention of our staff with the expectation that such an incident will not occur again. It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

I'm staying here on business and when I arrive I checked in with my id. My corporate office made my reservation and so I don't know who made the reservation because it's a huge corporation and I traveled back home for a week and forgot my Id so they wouldn't let me in my room!! And I was in a hurry to make it work so I wanted to get changed and I couldn't because it wouldn't let me in my room! When I checked and why did they change my information? When I checked in why did they at least put the make and model of my car or license plate number? And I'm working nights so I ask them to have the housekeepers clean my room a little bit later so I didn't have to get up early since I work until 3:30 in the morning and they said no they can't guarantee anything!!! My window is broken they never fix it when I asked him to. my lamp didn't work in my room because the light bulb was burnt out. And my shower will not stop leaking so it drips all night long and I have to be to fix it and they never did!!! HORRIBLE SERVICE!!! I WILLL NEVER RETURN TO THIS LOCATION!!!! And the staff was RUDE!!!

• Stayed April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay Deluxe Denver - Aurora. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies. We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price. We recognize that if our guests can't get a good night's sleep, they won't return, so we've chosen bedding that we hope best suits their needs. I do take seriously your concern, and promise that we will continue to look for ways to make sure every guest is as comfortable as possible when staying with us. Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

Should be classified as 2-star at best. Amazing staff but that was it. Bed was creaky, had thin cushion we felt the springs, and caved in the middle. Pull-out couch was the same. Coffeemaker was dirty with previous guest's grinds still in it. There was a wall clock but it didn't work. Poor TV reception. Free breakfast, only on weekdays, were vending-machine type muffins and apples. Burned coffee.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

I booked a room here using the "name your own price" option on Priceline. When I read the previous reviews, my heart sunk. But everything was quite nice when I arrived: friendly, clean, non-smelly. Free breakfast, and a nice room. Don't be scared off by old reviews.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora North? Share your experiences!