“Couldnt be happier” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
minnesota
“Couldnt be happier”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

My staff and i stayed at this hotel as a referral from a client, We could not have been happier, it was home away from home. The manager Laura and her staff were hands down the best in the business, they were polite and very informative,they did everything with a smile........If I owned a hotel.... I would steel the staff at this hotel they all work as a team which is how i trained my staff to work I will stay at this hotel again and refer anyone and everyone i know.....you should be very proud of what you have here...THANK YOU to the staff at denver crestwood suites

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Aurora, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2009

I stayed at this extended-stay hotel while in the process of relocating to Colorado from the Midwest. It's certainly nothing fancy, but it gets the job done at the right price. The room was clean and had everything I needed for my week-long stay. I only cooked food in the room once or twice, but the full-size refrigerator was certainly a plus to have. The biggest downside to the hotel is the lack of a reliable internet connection. The hotel offers free wireless internet, but the connection is spotty at best. I would have periods where I could use it just fine, but there were other times when it wouldn't work at all. Overall, I was very satisfied with my stay there.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Roy, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2009

Internet was a must for us, as this was a business stay and we needed to spend the night inputting work online. We were placed at the back of the hotel and the signal was so low, that it was slower than dial-up. I went to the front desk and asked if we could be moved to a different room and we were told they were booked (the parking lot was empty and the hotel is large). I called Travelocity to have them move us to a different hotel. They had to confirm with the front desk that the hotel was booked before we could be refunded and booked elsewhere. The front desk associate answered and then placed them on hold and never came back. Travelocity attempted to call back and she wouldn't pick up the phone. We went to the front desk and returned our keys, at which point the associate told us Travelocity never called (she didn't know we had already spoken to them and they told us she wouldn't respond to their calls). Same thing happened the next day. The hotel would not respond to Travelocity's calls. I ended up eating the cost because of the lack of cooperation from Crestwood Suites. I responded to the survey they sent me via e-mail and did check that I would like to hear back from someone, and as you can guess, I never did.

FYI - in my review, the hotel did have free internet, but our room was definately not high-speed...thus my response.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2009

The room was exceptionally clean. The bed was comfortable and it was a very nice stay. I stayed for four nights and the fridge and kitchen came in handy and saved me some extra money.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2009

We stayed at the Crestwood Suites and our stay was good. Lizzette Brown was very friendly at the desk and took care of us. I enjoyed the weight room. I wash they had a pool for my kids, but other than that good stay for the price.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Allen, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2009

Booked this through hotwire, and got a great rate of around $45 on New Year's Eve. Very nice location, surrounded by other Extended Stay hotels and many restaurants, including the wonderful Sweet Tomatoes!
The full kitchen is a plus, and so, is the free internet access and the full-size refrigerator. The only thing that would be nice to have is a sponge to do dishes with. Also, it would be nicer to have the dish soap in a pump-like dispenser rather than individual packets.
Overall, excellent value for money.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sedona, AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2008

We must admit to being a little skeptical of “extended stay” places. Based on our experience with other chains, such as Homestead Studio Suites, they are often low on luxury, low on cleanliness, and low on ambiance. So it was with trepidation that we pulled into Crestwood late at night, numb and tired. What would our $41.99 Roomsaver coupon buy?

The answer: a functional, quiet room with a window that opened. We found it pleasant enough that we even “extended our stay” by two days. Our second-floor, nonsmoking room faced an underused parking lot and office park and there was even a shade tree for privacy; all this helped keep it quiet and gave us something nice to look at when we opened the curtain (most rooms won’t have such a nice view, though).

The room fit our basic needs but we were never under the illusion that we were at the Ritz. The queen bed was soft, which we liked, probably due to overuse as opposed to having a high-end mattress. The pillows were thin. There were supposed to be two night stands – when you check in you can see a full-scale, museum-like mock-up of a typical room, which is located opposite the reception desk -- but we only got one. This meant someone had to drag one of the two dining/desk chairs to the bedside at night. The smallish TV came with a remote and featured about 40 channels, including multiple HBOs.

Cats are OK at the Crestwood but there is not enough room to swing one by the tail. Whatever committee of efficiency experts designed the room managed to do it without allowing for any extra space. The layout of the room was a bit awkward, with a desk facing the wall having to double as a place to eat. Not bad if you like to stare at paint instead of your partner, or instead of the TV. There was an ample kitchenette with full-size fridge, microwave, coffeemaker, and basic utensils. The bathroom was lacking in counter space but was otherwise workable. Shower pressure was OK. The wifi worked fine, as did the AC, which was a newer unit that did not spew forth any objectionable odors. Checkout is 11 a.m. The desk staff were polite but not especially friendly.

Air freshener was at an absolute bare minimum, which we appreciated. This could have been an oversight, as opposed to hotel policy, since the floor had not been vacuumed. Outside of that, cleanliness was just adequate. We noticed that a French fry managed to stay on the elevator floor for more than 24 hours.

The Crestwood is a large place with a mix of people from all walks of life but we felt safe and would return again at the coupon price. This is not the place for people who need daily maid service, a swimming pool, or breakfast. For those who like to cook (or reheat) their own dinner, who like a place without odor problems, and who appreciate basic comforts like windows that open and a working refrigerator, Crestwood is just fine.

• Liked — Windows that opened; quiet and reasonably comfortable
  • Disliked — Cleanliness could have been better
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Crestwood Suites Denver - Aurora? Share your experiences!