“FANTASTIC CUSTOMER SERVICE” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 51 Hotels in Aurora
Aurora, Colorado
“FANTASTIC CUSTOMER SERVICE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

I needed a nice, clean place to stay for a couple of nights and lucked up on Crestwood Suites in Aurora. It was late but when I entered the lobby, I found it be exceptionally clean, well decorated, warm and inviting. The first friendly face I saw was Allie the front desk clerk, and she treated me with exceptional customer service!! She was friendly, kind and very helpful. The room was awesome and I enjoyed my stay. Hats off to Allie; she gives Crestwood Suites a very good name!!

Room Tip: Great choice with very good restaurants nearby
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
CrestwoodAurora, General Manager at Crestwood Suites Denver - Aurora, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay here at Crestwood Suites! Thank you for recognizing Allie and her great customer service. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Aurora
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

I referred family from out of town to stay for 2 nights was charged after 2 nights vince the night manager in the aurora crestwood suites caught the mistake and did not bring it to my family attention until they were checking out then they said they needed more money. It was the clerks mistake manager said they could not do anything about it and for us to take it to corp office and so I called them and miss "Reed"corp office lady was going to check in to the matter and never got a call back this is how they treat there customers . So if your ever looking for a room to stay DO NOT STAY AT CRESTWOOD SUITES!!!!!!!! you will get JIVED and corporate wont give a crap stay somewhere else Im mexican american and they thought I wouldnt say nothing think again.

Room Tip: ANY OTHER HOTEL BUT THIS ONE!!!!!! sleep in your car or under the bridge.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
CrestwoodAurora, General Manager at Crestwood Suites Denver - Aurora, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
Vanessa D,

Thank you for your feedback about your stay at Crestwood Suites. We can use what you posted to encourage our employees to communicate better with our guests. I apologize for the inconvenience we caused you and your friends that stayed here. In the future we hope to eliminate miscommunication between guests and employees and make everyone’s stay here at Crestwood Suites enjoyable!
Aurora
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

CLEAN ROOM, fully equipped! I've stayed everywhere from high end suites in Vegas at the Mirage to independently owned motels in Savannah, GA, as times have changed all of us . Crestwood is a pleasant surprise and met or exceeded every expectation! I am not their personal friend, nor an employee, and know them only as a guest who left an apartment and recently stayed there for a week. Clean, quiet, professionally operated, Crestwood MUST BE on your stay list! I enjoyed free hbo, landline phones, and internet. The employees and managers run the place like a precision clock! I used to professionally clean units and stood inspections for base housing at the US Air Force Academy. When I say this place is good and solid, it is. Walk on the carpet in your room barefoot! Stay here! You won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: I took the first one I was offered, and I always ask to see the room before signing in, as I suspect...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
CrestwoodAurora, General Manager at Crestwood Suites Denver - Aurora, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
Thank you for choosing Crestwood Suites for your hotel needs! We appreciate your business and hope you will come again soon. Also thank you for recognizing superior employees and great customer service!
aurora
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

I have been a guest here since July 2011. Yes there have been issues, at some point. However, the staff steps up and gets the problems resolved quickly. As far as the marijuana smell you can get that in just about any hotel or motel in Colorado, since alot of people here have medical marijuana cards. Before coming here I stayed at the Holiday Inn and you could smell it there too. We have had no issues of any kind. The place is not dirty. If you are here for a long period of time all you have to do is request your carpets be shampooed, and Paul or Lucas the maintenance men will get it done. The staff is awesome, and assistant in any way that they can. I have been in the lobby and seen the staff go above and beyond the call of duty to help out the guest. The General Manager Laura and Assistant Manager Vince as well as the other staff members are awesome. I have been comfortable here since the first day I arrived here. So those of you who think it is so horrible, go stay at a fancier hotel. They have issues too. I would reccommend this Crestwood Suites to anyone. If there are people that are not paying or those who cause problems are removed immediately. So thank you Staff of Crestwood Suites for being awesome and keeping all of us who have been here for months and years safe. Oh, one more thing as far as false fire alarms if parents would keep and eye on their children and explain to them not to pull them we would not have this issue. So blame that on the teenagers who are the ones often caught doing this.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

Though the property is in a good location, it is dirty and mismanaged. We had a false fire alarm last weekend at midnight and from discussions with other long time lodgers we hear this is a regular problem. All the carpets should be cleaned. The desk help is not the problem this is a senior management problem. Yes, I did end up with bed bugs and had to freeze my suitcase and all the contents to kill them. Amazingly, several corporate "performance awards" are posted by the front desk. What a joke! I have been trying to contact the Tri-County health department to no avail. Stay away!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
CrestwoodAurora, Manager at Crestwood Suites Denver - Aurora, responded to this review, November 3, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. As mentioned in the review, you had concerns with mites and bed bugs during your stay. We take complaints like this very seriously and have our hotel inspected on a monthly basis. Anytime we receive a complaint, we get pest control to inspect the rooms immediately for any problems. On 10/26/11, we had Pest Control come out to inspect and treat the room you were staying in.

If you are in the Aurora area again, I welcome the opportunity to connect with you better on a future stay. Please feel free to contact the hotel directly and ask for me.

Kind Regards,

Laura, General Manager
Denver
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

Then stay here (I do not drink or use drugs)! Yep, all you need to do is walk down the hallway and sniff the marijuana and crack fumes and you will get high for free. This hotel has a very high volume of drug users (and some will deal to you too!), which is not a good environment for children. The Staff is great, and they deal with issues quickly, so if there are problems let them know and it will get addressed. If you want "live COPs" style reality TV entertainment on Friday and Saturday nights, ask for a room facing the entrance and you will see Aurora Law Enforcement pursuing those bad boys, and did I mention the pimps who drop off the ladies of the night?! If you want some idiot pulling the fire alarm at 3 AM causing mass evacuations about once every 2 weeks, then this is the place to be. Ok, so it appears all negative right? The positives are great Staff and excellent long term rates. The Management is superb and she deals with issues head on and is very diplomatic too! If you are on a tight budget, you will be hard pressed to match the monthly rates offered here. I would rate this place higher but when I stand back an look at this place for its family safety and health, I cannot. Great places to eat within walking distance, and Utah Park is also within walking distance or you can get to anywhere in the Denver Metro area on the RTD (their mass transit system) and the schedules are pretty extensive. Thanks for giving me time to share my personal experiences over the four month stay at this place.

Room Tip: see my comments above...;0)
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I am sorry you experienced an unpleasant smell while staying at Crestwood Suites. Thank you for notifying us of this problem so we could get it taken care of in a timely manner. If ever you do encounter any issues or concerns while staying at our hotel, please let us know so we can address the issue in a timely and efficient manner. We are in a great location with plenty of restaurants around parks close by too. If you return to Denver-Aurora we hope you will give us another try!

Laura, General Manager
Salt Lake City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

The property was called something else when I stayed here several years ago. It is a bit tired, the halls are pretty dirty/worn, the rooms ok but not great. The rooms do have a full size refrigerator, two burner stove, and a small but serviceable kitchen/work space (although the kitchen is seriously under-equipped. When I went to put water in the coffee carafe, there was enough soap residue to require a couple of rinses to clear it. The room has three chairs, with poor dim lighting. The bed was pretty comfortable. Definitely a bargain place and you better feel like it was a bargain priced if you stay here.

There are a bunch of restaurants nearby (walkable), and there is good freeway access to I-225, the worst in-town freeway in America.

The internet, at least for my MacBook, was a challenge. I was given a user name and password at checkin, but I was never asked for it on the computer. I had to call their service, Secure Island, and they had to manually add me to the list of computers. The signal was strong, but almost no page would load completely without reloading, sometimes several times. On my last day, it actually wouldn't work at all until I was taken off the secure list and put back on. Maybe Windows people have a better time with this service, for which I am happy, because Windows people never have a better time with technical issues.

So if you are on a tight budget (which I am) and you discover how proud Denver is of their hotels (pretty much over priced), this place is ok for a couple of days. Barely.

Room Tip: Make sure you request a room that has always been no smoking
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
CrestwoodAurora, Manager at Crestwood Suites Denver - Aurora, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
Dear Mikey9,

Thank you for your response on tripadvisor. We have used the information you provided to improve our hotel. We did a few upgrades to the wireless computer system, as well as cleaned the hallway carpets. I apologize your stay was not as expected. If your travel needs take to you Denver-Aurora again we hope you will consider Crestwood Suites again for an improved bargain deal!!