“Perfect for the Medical Campus, Children's Hospital, new VA” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus

You added SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   13400 East Colfax Avenue, Aurora, CO 80011   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
Denver, Colorado
“Perfect for the Medical Campus, Children's Hospital, new VA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

Each room in this hotel has a separate sitting area, work station and small kitchenette, complete with small refrigerator and microwave. It's brand new, and very clean. The staff is superb! Ask for a room on the "quiet side" away from Colfax, which has a lot of traffic.

Room Tip: Ask for the quiet side away from Colfax Ave
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Brad L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus, responded to this review, January 12, 2012
Hello KangaTex,

Thank you very much for taking a moment to write your review. I am please you had a nice stay and experienced our superb service. I sincerely appreciate your business and hope to see you again sometime soon.

Brad Leonard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Casper, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

Super nice hotel! Excellent location for University Hospital and Fitsimmons! Extra nice rooms and good rates. The staff are awesome! Few services nearby but they will shuttle you anywhere you like. Definite recommend!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Brad L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus, responded to this review, November 24, 2011
Wildman 2011,

Thank you for the great comments reagrding our hotel. I couldn't agree more that we have a terrific staff and of course, a great location to the Anschutz Medical Campus. Thank you for your business and have a great day.

San Jose, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

Hotel is still brand new and everything looks great. The suite style rooms are large, spotlessly clean and very stylish. The furnishings and decor are somewhat European which give this room a real sense of style which makes for a refreshing break from the typical cookie cutter hotel room design. Rooms have a fridge, microwave, large flat screen TV, iPod dock-able clock radio, couch, work desk, and a very comfortable bed. Bathroom is broken up into two rooms, one with the “throne” and a sink and the other with the shower and another sink. Shower includes jets that spray you from the side in addition to the shower head above. Downstairs is a small but nice gym with treadmills and stationary bikes all with individual TVs. The staff here is particularly friendly and eager to help.
There are three areas that could use some improvement... (1) Breakfast. Even though the breakfast includes eggs and sausage, the food was typically dry and flavorless. Bagels and english muffins were not fresh. (2) The lobby area and bar have nice flat screen TVs to watch but the hotel has a policy of keeping the volume off in favor of piped in music. So if you want to watch a sporting event at the bar, don’t expect to hear the play by play. (3) The internet access in the room (both wired and wireless) was intermittent.
Regardless, this hotel is still one of the nicest places I’ve ever stayed and I would choose it again on any future visits to this area.

Room Tip: The view out of the Colfax side of the hotel is of the attractive Denver Children's Hospital whe...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Almaden,

Thank you very much for your comments and observations regarding our new hotel. We are very proud of our stylish environment and great staff. Your suggestions are duly noted and, as we pursue continuous improvement opportunities, it is always helpful to have another set of eyes on us. I sincerely value your feedback and will look forward to your next visit with us. Thank you for your business and have a great day!

Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

Not much more to say that hasn't already been stated. The staff here is well-aware that their guests are facing difficult situations with the hotel being across the street from Children's Hospital. Everyone is fabulous--the general manager, who cleared our breakfast dishes; Tamika, who was tremendously welcoming and helpful; and Bea the bartender, who is more than happy to talk about the Broncos. Great and reasonable place to stay!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Brian R,

Thank you so much for taking the time to recognize our associates. We truly do have a terrific staff that exemplifies the spirit to serve. I will certainly make sure to pass on the compliments to Tamika and Bea. Thank you for your business and have a great day!

Aurora, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

Just stayed this past Saturday night. The hotel is right off I-225 and incredibly nice! The staff were wonderful, pleasant and inviting. The room exceeded our expectations and we loved how contemporary it was. The beds were comfortable and the desk area was user friendly. Nice new, big flat screen TV was a nice plus. Breakfast was fine... about what you would expect for a complimentary breakfast. Eggs, sausage, waffles, cereals, muffins & danishes and breads. Excellent coffee!
We would stay again when visiting the Denver area!

Room Tip: ask for a room on the South side of the building. The traffic on Colfax is a bit noisy.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Brad L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
Thank you very much for your positive feedback about our new Springhill Suites Denver/Fitzsimons. We are very proud of our hotel and the terrific staff and I am happy you had such a pleasant experience. Thank you for your business and we look forward to your next visit.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights while I was doing some work at the Children's Hospital. It is perfectly located for the hospital, although it does take sometime to go anywhere else if you have free time. The rooms are fantastic! I travel quite a bit for work and I think it is the nicest hotel I have stayed in. The rooms are set up for family staying over while they have someone at the hospital, with separate toilet and shower, couch / sofa bed, fridge and microwave. And the breakfast is included! Also the staff are wonderful and very caring; when the taxi I had booked to take me back to the airport was a no show, the desk staff did everything to get me a new ride in time for my flight. I actually hope I do have to come back to do some more work in Denver!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Brad L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Hello LI860,

Thank you for staying with us. I will pass your compliments on to the team. We hope to see you again sometime soon.

West Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

I visited this SpringHill over Labor Day weekend. It's located near the medical district and there are lots of folks staying there due to its proximity. They have a shuttle service to the hospitals which might be convenient if you fly in to see a loved one. The hotel appears to be very new. The website as of today doesn't even have pictures of the property.

Check in: Check in was great. I had a conversation with Tameka about my travels and she was very, very friendly during my entire stay. I don't generally remember people by name, but her hospitality stood out to me.

Room: All rooms are suites and decorated in a modern style. They have a mini fridge and microwave. Something a little different in new-style SpringHills in the separation of the Shower/Vanity area from the toilet. Both have sliding doors which are neat, but not very conducive to privacy if you're traveling with a buddy or children. The toilet room door is solid, so it offers a little more privacy and has its own sink, but the shower room door is translucent glass which will show your silhouette. My room had a walk-in shower with decent water pressure.

Electronics were nice with a large 42" TV (one) and the internet was fast for hotel internet. The suite has a separate living area with a big couch and desk area.

Other Features: The workout room looked nice with three pieces of cardio equipment, although I didn't use it. The breakfast was good and had the usual continental items. The area surrounding the hotel, well, coming from I-225, is pretty nice with lots of good places to eat (I love the chain Noodles haha). I wouldn't suggest approaching the hotel from Peoria St and I-70, the area is a little rough.

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel if you're staying in the area. The entire staff was very friendly and welcoming during my visit. Tameka even offered to let me change rooms because the AC was loud. I just had to rattle it and it worked out fine, but I appreciated the gesture. I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus? Share your experiences!