“Greek Skillet very Good” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: (720) 449-0224
Columbus, OH
“Greek Skillet very Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Recently had Sunday breakfast at the Athenian Restaurant. I chose the Greek Skillet (served minus the skillet) and it was very good. Home fries with green pepper & onions on the bottom; topped with gyro meat and 2 eggs of your choice....feta cheese scattered over the plate. It was a very large portion which I could have shared with another person. Clean surroundings, nice music and VERY FRIENDLY & PLEASANT wait staff. I chose the pancake side and they were very light and good tasting. I do prefer warm syrup is my only critcism.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Littleton, Colorado
“Belated Valentines Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

My bride and I love the Athenian and try to dine here several times a year. The service tonight was OUTSTANDING (long-time waitress who is not part of the family but does the job because she loves people) and the food was up to its usual excellent standards. Giant portions, reasonable prices incredible soup, and so much more. Highly recommended for couples. Opa!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“Family-owned and operated with pride”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

When we are in that part of town this is where we go. Great people, great food, good service. I love the mediterranean chicken, the souvlaki plate, the dolmades, the egg lemon soup and my husband always gets the gyros salad (the meat is juicy, not dry and crunchy). Lots of food. If you have room, and they have it, the round phyllo pastry with the custard middle (I forget what it is called) will put you over the top.
It is behind Big O Tires- a little hard to find.
The flaming cheese is fun, good, but a little expensive for me. Angie will probably visit your table and her husband or son will be doing the cooking. Let her know how much you like it. Opa!

Visited December 2013
Aurora, Colorado
“Fun Greek Dining Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Athenian is a great restaurant to go to with friends and family for a good meal and a friendly experience. Most of their dishes are very good and true to Greek cuisine. The exception would be their dolmades, which I've definitely had better. However, my friends love them. Their gyros, pastitsio, and spanakopita are very good and well-made. Their platters offer a wonderful variety of Greek cuisine and are very reasonably priced. I typically end up taking some home for yummy leftovers. I've not had their souvlaki but a friend of ours who goes with us loves it. Athenian is locally owned and the owners are always moving about the restaurant to greet customers and see how everyone is doing. The wait staff are usually very good. We've only had one marginal experience. Otherwise they are very attentive and contribute to the experience with their friendly approach. There's just a fun, light-hearted atmosphere about it that makes for an enjoyable dining experience. I highly recommend checking it out! No reservations needed.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Truly amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Best Greek food I've found in the Denver area. Top notch service, delicious vegetarian options, and tasty meat based dishes. And as other reviewers have stated, you MUST try the flaming cheese!! Wow.

This place is a hidden gem. Can't wait to return!

Visited March 2013