“This is an EXCELLENT hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Basalt, Colorado
“This is an EXCELLENT hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Our flight was diverted and we wound up in Denver at midnight with a sick toddler. The staff at this hotel made everything easy for us! They had food, they also drove my husband to the store to get medicine for our son. We ended up staying for two days for our son to recover. I also left my diamond necklace on accident which the staff mailed back to me. I have never been happier with a hotel before. Stay here.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Ithaca, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I stayed here overnight after some massive flight delays, and while I had a generally positive experience, I can't recommend this over other hotels in this price range in Gateway Park.

The front desk staff was extremely friendly, and had my keys ready to go for a speedy check in (always appreciated at 2 a.m.). The only staff complaint I have is that the housekeeper knocked on my door at 9 a.m., which is before the industry-standard of 10, especially given my late check in. I did not have the "Do not disturb" sign up, so this is my fault.

The room was clean and spacious, with a "hotel funky modern" decor. Unfortunately, the sheets and towels were 2-star scratchy at this allegedly 3-star hotel. The shower curtain was not long enough for the height of the curtain rod, and I almost scalded my hand testing the hot water (I guess this is better than no hot water). As a frequent traveler, I value good sheets, a good shower, and good towels, and this hotel only came close on one of those.

The bottom line, I think, is that Choice Hotels (the parent company) is really good at doing downmarket and are new to the 3-star space. I hope they figure it out in a few years, because this banner has potential, but for now I'd rather stay at a Hampton Inn/Holiday Inn/Courtyard by Marriot/etc.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Had to stay here after driving from Aspen due to my flight being cancelled. I liked the look of the building so looked it up for rates. Expedia had a $79 offer.. when I went to the desk they matched the price and gave me a great room. Chelsea
was very helpful and professional..certainly worth a look.

• Stayed February 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Hotwire $50 deal brought us here for one night on our way to Boulder. Turns out the reservation was actually a large suite. Very clean, modern, great bed. Although we did take advantage of the snacks downstairs, we were surprised to find 7-11 type stuff available at any hour. It was about 9.5 miles from the airport. There is a Jimmy Johns & a 7-11 next door. Front desk staff were young and lively, a nice greeting at midnight when we arrived.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
none
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

Stopped here one night prior to flight, they will arrange a late check out 2pm depending on how busy they are. I was very impressed with the hotel for the price. The rooms and bathroom was very clean. The room was fine for size, certainly by European standards with a separate seating area. Food was pretty good with sandwiches and snacks freshly made during the day. Like most of the hotels in the area you would need a car unless just transiting via their airport shuttle. Staff excellent only criticism the hot tub was cool and around 8'30am there seemed to be a lack of hot water in the bathroom presumably due to the morning rush.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Phuket, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

This place is OK if you're coming or going, but if you are staying longer or want to go out and about you'll need a car. It has free on-demand shuttle service to/from DEV airport, but taxis elsewhere are infrequent and expensive.

Rooms are smallish but well appointed for a short stay.

Front desk manager was very friendly, helpful and professional.
Check-out staff couldn't tell me how to get to their sister hotel in Fort Collins - I had to catch the shuttle to DEN airport and get another transfer from there. They could have done that better.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I was in this hotel for 4 nights and I can not say enough good things about this property and the staff there. They were very accommodating to our group and provided outstanding service. I would recommend anyone to sat

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Cambria Suites Denver Airport? Share your experiences!