“Hotel nightmare” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
Denver, Colorado
“Hotel nightmare”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

This hotel is in poor management to say the least. I reserved a two-bed room because i was traveling with my child, i also had my two dogs with me who sleep in there own bed i bring with us. when i arrived the front desk did not make me aware that they had moved me to a king room, for what reason they weren't sure but that was all they had. I made due and told them it was fine. when i finally unloaded everyone and all the luggage, i was ready to relax. i went into the restroom to wash my face and noticed soap wrappers on the floor, i was questioning weather the bathroom had even been cleaned? but decided to just live with it i was very tired. after that i started realizing all the other things. my frig did not work my air condition sounded like a jet taking off and the bathtub mat was all bubbled up i could not even bath my child. the next morning in went to the front desk to let them know of all the issues, there response baffled me. the young girl stated that frigs do not come with the room that they put them in there complementary which is ridiculous. everything else was just another excuse. I told her i did not feel safe nor did i feel like the room was clean i requested to check out this was at 7am, she stated there was nothing she could do and she could not check me out unless a manager approved it . i had been asking for the manager Glenn since day one. unforgettably he was out of town and from what the front desk said he refuses to answer his phone, i asked that she at least call him and let him know the situation, she declined than and only than did she say she could move me. I figured i would just move and be done and hope no more problems i was sadly let down again. when i went to get my dogs food bowl it was alive infested with ants everywhere i was so disgusted. i did not find the need to again address the front desk because i knew what there response would be and there would be nothing done about it. I travel at least 3 times a month and this hotel is by far the worst hotel I've ever stayed in, room is gross and staff is very uninformed and unprofessional. I will never stay there again and i advise any one looking for a clean comfortable room do not stay here choose somewhere else.

Room Tip: id have to assume none of the rooms are very clean or comfortable.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Denver Aurora - Medical Center, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear Jessica M,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Tripadvisor. We apologize for any inconvenience experienced during your stay. We are sincerely concerned when situations like these occur, and would like to investigate further. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional information about your stay.

Myrna M
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Camparada, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

We spent our last days of our honey- moon in this hotel and we are really pleased about it!
People at the reception are really kind and the rooms have all that you need!
There are air condition, free wi-fi, a micro-waves, a fridge, the hair-dryer, the iron and a coffee-machine with all kind of coffee! In the bathroom you can find a lot of towels, shampoo and also a body lotion! The bed is really comfortable and there are different kind of pillows!
There also a gym-room and a business room with 2 computers and a printer and also a meeting room!
Breakfast in the morning is pretty big with muffins, bagels, pancakes, cinneamon rolls, yogurts, sausages and all kind of drinks!
We suggest it because it's also not expensive!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Joeseph O, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Denver Aurora - Medical Center, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for your kind words with regards to your recent stay with. Please consider staying with us again on your anniversary. We would enjoy making your return visit even more special.
Frankfurt
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I booked this hotel because it claimed to be a convenient airport hotel with airport transfers. The day I made the reservation (via booking.com) I called the hotel to enquire about the airport transfers. The lady in the reception said it would be easy to arrange, all I had to do was to call them when I arrived and they would tell me where to get the bus from. When we arrived after our 10-hour transatlantic flight, we were too tired to call and look for a transfer bus so believing that the hotel was near-by, we hopped in a cab. Over 30 minutes and USD60.00 later we finally arrived to the hotel which was right next to a highway.
The room was OK, typical, nothing special but clean.
We went downstairs to the reception to ask where we could get some dinner and the receptionist told us to walk along the highway for a few minutes, no more than 5 minutes and we would find several restaurants. Off we went....and we walked, and walked and walked. Eventually we found the restaurants and although very nice indeed, the walk was never a 5-minute walk. On the way we timed the walk and walking at an adult fast pace it took 15 minutes. Bear this in mind if you plan to stay with small children or with anybody who is unable to walk long distances. There is nothing to eat at the hotel in the evening except for a plate of cookies and a bowl of apples in the reception area.
After the dinner I enquired about the airport transfer bus back to the airport in the morning. The receptionist told me that they no longer operated a bus. Apparently this had been the case for at least 2 months and when I told hin that both the website and the reception told me one would be available he simply shrug his shoulders and said that I had probably spoken to central reservations who don't have a clue.
Great. So in the morning I had to take another cab back to the airport making this "budget hotel" a more expensive option than most of the hotels at the actual airport. I paid €75 for the room and USD 120 for the taxi rides between the airport and the hotel that claims to be an "airport hotel" Ridiculous!
The hotel did have a breakfast which was actually ok.
So in summary : If for whatever reason I needed to be right at that spot in Aurora, I might stay at this hotel again. But if I intended to use it as an airport hotel believing they offered transfers, forget it. Next time I will pay USD200 to stay at an airport hotel which is actually at the airport and has a dinner restaurant. That will for sure work out cheaper and more convenient.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Denver Aurora - Medical Center, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Dear MSSFrankfurt,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience and confusion our staff may have caused you regarding the airport shuttle service. I appreciate your feedback as this enables us to target problem areas and also is our best resource for improving our guest services.

Connie D
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

My reservation was made from June 25-July 1, I stayed the first night only and that's because I got in late so I couldn't find something else right then. The first room I was given the a/c didn't work. After contacting the front desk they were extremely rude their response was "uh no it's the hottest day of the year you just have to turn it on" I know how to work and a/c so that wasn't the issue. The second room I had that night the tv didn't work and Sheetrock was falling off the ceiling. This hotel is also very outdated and smelled terrible. No way I could stay the intended time for the money I was spending. Also the hotel charged me for the 24th which I didn't stay nor did I even have a reservation for. And again the front desk was very rude. Do NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT stay here. This was a miserable experience!

• Stayed June 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Denver Aurora - Medical Center, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Dear RhandaLee,

Ferdinand G
sagamore beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I liked this holiday inn, price was reasonable, not too far from the airport, staff was friendly and they have a nice complimentary breakfast setup
Good place for s short stay

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

As a loyal HIE guest this is a difficult, but necessary review to write.

Hubby and I were so disappointed with our stay. First, the room seemed like a really bad remodel. Everything just seemed old...or much older than what our usual HIE experiences are like. It was like a bad hand-me-down room if that makes any sense.

Anyway, we had to switch rooms because our air condition wasn't working properly. This was annoying of course after a long drive and the halls/elevators are HOT. So we switch to a room that is literally across the hall and it's nicer looking. Of course I was frustrated by the sight and the fact that we weren't put in the nicer/newer room to begin with. It seems to have gotten a better remodel than our first room, but unfortunatelty the room never got cold. So disappointing! Let me just say, that I am one who takes full advantage and will lower the air-condition to 65 degrees, but I would have settled for a cool 73 at this place.

The beds in BOTH rooms were NOT comfy. I can't say anymore about them they were horrible. So needless to say neither one of us got a good night sleep.

Breakfast was good...they had some type of omelet if that tickles your fancy. However, it's not enough to save this HIE.

Plus, it's overpriced. This hotel should not be charging over $79.00 and that's if every other hotel is sold out because some amazing event is happening nearby. Yes, I'm bitter that we paid $130 dollars for a room that should have cost $49-59.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Joeseph O, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Denver Aurora - Medical Center, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Not reaching our standard of top notch customer service is something we do not allow. We know there are many excellent choices within our market, but sincerely appreciate your choice in Aurora. Thank you also for providing constructive feedback in order for us to improve where improvement is necessary. This should not and will not be an issue again. Please consider giving us a chance to EXCEED your expectations! Thanks again and safe travels!
Chino Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

We stayed here because we had a late arriving flight and did not want to drive overnight with a 17 month old to Wyoming. This hotel is close to the airport, affordable, and includes breakfast. Can you ask for anything more? We checked in around midnight and the front desk attendant was prompt and helpful. The room was sizeable, clean, modern and comfortable. I would recommend this place to anyone. I liked the variety of the breakfast also. Cereal, eggs, sausage, pancake machine, rolls, oatmeal, etc. If you need a place to stay in this area, stay here.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Denver Aurora - Medical Center? Share your experiences!