“Only the view was nice.” 1 of 5 stars

Red Lion Hotel Denver Southeast
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3200 S. Parker Rd., Aurora, CO 80014   |
Ranked #16 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
oklahoma
“Only the view was nice.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Between the construction and a convention going on, there was hardly any parking. No handicapped parking. All 5 handicapped spaces were always taken. Front desk people were rude. The convention people, who most were not even staying at the hotel, were very rude. They would run into you, knock you down. Their kids took over the pool, even though they were not staying there. Room was nothing special. Tub was full of hair from previous person. The remote for the sleep number bed, was held together with duct tape. The restaurant was just as bad. I had iced tea to drink. Asked for more tea, and that is what I got. Tea, no ice. So asked for ice. She carried in her hands, a chunk of ice, and put it in my glass. I could not wait to get out of that hotel. The only reason I gave the sleep quality 3 points, is that after being knocked down by a convention person, I took some paid meds and slept well. Oh and I should mention check out time is noon. But at 8AM housekeeping knocked, and before I could respond, they let theirselves in to clean the room.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion Hotel Denver Southeast, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us. I do apologize for any unprofessionalism that may have been shown to you by our staff and by other guests at the hotel. This is definitely not the type of stay we want you to have and I would like to assure you that this will be addressed accordingly.
Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to better serve you on your next visit.
Kind Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Aurora, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

When we arrived there was no place to park due to construction. When we booked no one said a word about construction or lack of parking, took us over 30 min to park. When we finally checked in air-conditioning in our room was broken and the room was not very clean. We went to the desk to tell them and were treated like they didn't know what our problem was. Finally another lady gave us a room change. That room was nicer but the "adjustable bed" did not work at all and there was no toilet paper. That night we went to eat in the restaurant. One person came by and plopped water down then walked away. We sat there over 20 min. and asked repeatedly if someone could take our order. We were completely ignored when we spoke they kept on walking and did not even acknowledge us. I went to the front desk and told them what happened. They just stared at me and said "wow". Unbelievable! We had to leave the hotel and find a restaurant, then another 45 minutes to find a parking space when we returned. The next morning we again went to the restaurant to have breakfast. We did not have silverware and nothing to drink. Finally after a very long time waiting for our waitress and I asked 4 people for silverware and water the hostess who sat us got them for us. Our waitress came by right after that and did not even say a word to us just flopped down the bill and walked away. When we checked out I told the Manager Cathy what a horrible experience we had and how unhappy we were. She stood there with a blank expression while I told her about our time there, then told me that they were busy but that it shouldn't have effected us. That was it all she said. Made no effort to apologize, compensate us, nothing. Obviously they don't care about their customers and they make that clear over and over. I hope they go out of business. I know I will tell everyone I know to stay as far away as possible!

Room Tip: If you want to pick a good room do it in another hotel NOT this one!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion Hotel Denver Southeast, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for providing this valuable feedback so that we can address these areas with our staff. There is no reason, nor is it acceptable, to have a poorly run restaurant. We apologize tremendously for the experiences you encountered during your stay and we hope you will provide us with the opportunity to rectify these issues so that we can have you back and provide you with the superior service deserved!
Kind Regards
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I've stayed here several times attending a bi-annual conference. Every time the rooms are clean, the staff helpful and the atmosphere welcoming. This time I have to knock off a star for the renovations in progress. I can't wait to see the place all done.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at the red lion hotel in July. I noticed that the hotel was formerly a radison, and before that a holiday inn. I have stayed at this hotel in 3 life times and each time it has gotten worse. Now as an expert traveler I rarely give poor reviews but this time it was one of the worst places I've stayed. I am somewhat loyal as it was an IHG brand a long time ago but also there are softball tourneys and events I attemd every year. This is the first time I stayed at this property since it became a red lion hotel.

To sum up my experience the stay wasn't great my room had bugs that were not cleaned up and the bed had bed bugs which meant the bed was going to be unsleepable.

I told the staff of the problem and they wouldn't move me to a new room. It was too late to ask for my money back as I had been checked in for a few hours so I ended up leaving the hotel

Overall not an ideal stay and staff wasn't much help. I would advise to double check everything prior to staying at the red lion hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
We value each and every one of our guests and I truly apologize that we failed to provide you the best possible service. We are very displeased to see that there were some areas of concern regarding the cleanliness in your guest room and that our staff was not able to better accommodate you. Please be assured that these issues will be addressed accordingly with our staff.
Derby Ks
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

I would hope other Red Lion hotels are not as bad as the Aurora Red Lion was. I have never stayed where the staff was so put out for simple request. The restaurant was a good example. I asked for change and received a dollar short of the exact change . She was really offended that I was only tipping a dollar. The meal was part of our package and last time I checked tips are based on level of service. Room was not cleaned properly, key holder folder was on desk from last guest and bathroom floor had hair from last guest.

• Stayed September 2013
HeathB798, Manager at Red Lion Hotel Denver Southeast, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
The experience you had with our team is extremely disappointing. We review every guest comment and address each of them with our staff and team leads. Our goal is to provide a comfortable stay to every guest and clearly we failed to do that during your stay. Please be assured that the issues you experienced with your service in our restaurant and room quality will be looked into and addressed accordingly. We do hope you will give us the opportunity to make it up to you on your next stay.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I really wanted to like Red Lion and give it a decent review but I just can't. I do not care about the construction in the hotel because I barely noticed. What I just absolutely could not get part were the bugs in my room, more specifically, in my bed.

I arrived wayyy late (like after midnight; why do Denver airport shuttles only run on the hour? They could at least inform customers during booking), and even after arriving so late there was a long (slow) line to check in...with more than one employee working!

Finally checked into the room after walking down the smelly hallway and went into my room. Nothing spectacular but I wasn't expecting that anyway. I shower (I have this thing about showering after a flight, especially before bed) and halfway through the night I itched like crazy. I let it go.

Next day, same thing. I specifically ask housekeeping to change my sheets, she said she would. Long story short, my sheets were never changed and I found a couple little bugs in my bed. They weren't bed bugs, but whatever they were, no one seemed to be too concerned about it.

Location isn't that great for reasons others have mentioned and yes there is construction. You cross the point of no return with me though when bugs are in the room and there is a lack of concern.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HeathB798, Manager at Red Lion Hotel Denver Southeast, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
The experience you had with our hotel is extremely disappointing. We review every guest comment and address each of them with our staff and team leads. Our goal is to provide a comfortable stay to every guest and clearly we failed to do that during your stay. Please be assured that the issues you experienced is out of the norm and will be looked into and addressed accordingly. Please contact me directly at heath.balluch@redliondenverse.com as I would like to look into your concerns with more detail. Thank you for your feedback.
Wake Forest, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Stayed for the Solheim Cup in Parker, CO. Hotel is undergoing renovation (but we witnessed little if any activity while we were there), and that means the lobby is messed up and the dining room/bar isn't too cozy, but all the basics were fine. Staff was extremely helpful and met our needs when we had to call on them. Location is an issue due to the world's worst highway interchange that causes you to merge across several lanes of traffic coming from Parker. Construction on the interstate also made things difficult, but in Denver the most popular sign is, "Fines Double in Construction Zone." One of the attractions to staying here was that they had airport transportation and an Enterprise rental location in the hotel. This made getting a rental car easier and cheaper than at the airport. Only drawback was a limited selection of vehicles. All in all, this a decent place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Red Lion Hotel Denver Southeast? Share your experiences!