“DO NOT STAY HERE” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
Huntsville, Alabama
“DO NOT STAY HERE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

It is my understanding the hotel has been bought and is to be totally redone however we were definitely ripped off even paying to stay here. The outlet plugs did not work or if did it seemed like a fire hazard(they got hot), the toilets were slow if they even worked, the air conditioning was not cooling and the front desk and restaurant did not have adequate coverage to handle the crowd that was there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion Hotel Denver Southeast, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
We value each and every one of our guests and I truly apologize that we failed to provide you the best possible service. We are displeased to see that there were some areas of concern regarding the condition of your room and that the air conditioning unit did not work as well. We will definitely have our engineering look into these issues.
You are a valued guest and we hope to have the opportunity to provide you better service in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Don't stay here! Lamp broken, sink stopped up, plugs in room didn't work. Rugs in hallway ripped open is several places in hallway, elevatos leaves about a 6 inch step (at 4th floor). Manager said, "sorry, we have problems. Offered to "see if we could get someone up there." No one ever showed up.

• Stayed June 2013
RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion Hotel Denver Southeast, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for providing this valuable feedback so that we can address these areas with our staff. We apologize tremendously for the condition of your room and that our staff was not more accommodating when you reported the issues with the toilet and electrical outlets. We hope you will provide us with the opportunity to rectify these issues so that we can have you back and provide you with the superior service deserved!
Kind Regards
Wilmington, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I visited Denver on business and we were required to stay at the Red Lion in Aurora. Its a nice hotel. Won't argue with it lacking amenities. But some things left me cold and not planning to return if I had my own money to spend. First, its almost impossible to get hold of the front desk. However, when I finally did, bingo they were right on. Its a big hotel, so I understand the service demand - still.

Also, some yokel decided to work on my hall wall at 1130 at nite. Drilling and banging. Ridiculous. He stopped when I made a bit of a scene - apologized profusely. But, hey, ya just can't fix stoopid at 1130pm.

BTW: I ate in most every meal. The food is good, healthy, very tasty, but the dining area downstairs is a sunroom oriented setup and gets hotter than a firecracker - and those days in Denver were near 100 and that restaurant got roasty.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

This hotel has a good location. It is near highway I-225 North and Colorado road 83. When arrived, I was surprised it is an old huge building and has so many guest rooms. As we heard it is just renovated, I don’t feel it is an old hotel. The whole building inside looks good and the lobby looks spacious.
Our room has two queen beds with very clean beddings. The bathroom is small. By the closet, it has a small counter with coffee maker and cups for guests making drinks. Without a microwave oven and refrigerator, this extra counter is a niche.
If you plan to stay more than one day and pay its regular price (about $130) in such room it is not a good idea especially in such hot summer. But, if you get a good discount and don’t mind it has no microwave oven or refrigerator, it will be a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Early check-in unavailable so went back at check-in time of 3:00. Room wasn't available until 4:30. Our group had purchased breakfast coupons. Coupons weren't available at time of check-in. Air conditioning not working properly, toilet issues and worst of all, they overfilled my card $487.

Stayed June 2013
RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion Hotel Denver Southeast, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to share important feedback about our hotel. I apologize that your check in process did not go as smoothly as it should have. I would like to apologize for the a/c unit and toilet in your room not working properly as well. Please be assured that the issue you experienced will be addressed accordingly with our staff.
We value you as a guest and we are always looking for ways to enhance our guest experience. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
Littleton, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

So, let me first say the day I checked in I got there 30 minutes early, and ended up checking in an hour and half later, when they had rooms available. So in total I waited 2 hours to check in, pretty upset I asked to speak with the manager, he basically laughed in my face and said sorry with a shrug. I asked to speak with the person above him, he said oh he left, then proceeded to go in back, came out with a ten dollar gift card for food, lol, this is laughable. I paid 130 for my room and you give me ten dollars towards food I already bought while I waited the 2 hours?!
I will never stay there again.
ALSO< heads up NO FRIDGE IN ROOMS unless you special request and pay another 10 dollars.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us. I do apologize for any unprofessionalism that may have been shown to you when you arrived at our hotel. I would also like to apologize that you had to wait so long to get checked into your room. We strive to provide all our guests with the high quality of service that we maintain throughout all of our hotels.
Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to better serve you on your next visit.
Kind Regards
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I stayed this hotel as part of the bus tour to Yellowstone. Although the tour company selected this hotel, we were very satisfied and glad that they chosed this hotel. The room was roomy and well maintained. The bed was comfortable which is very important to us. We like to stay once again when we visit Denver.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Lion Hotel Denver Southeast? Share your experiences!