“Nice place but expensive” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Free Night Offer
Ranked #18 of 50 hotels in Aurora
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Nice place but expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

This hotel has a good location. It is near highway I-225 North and Colorado road 83. When arrived, I was surprised it is an old huge building and has so many guest rooms. As we heard it is just renovated, I don’t feel it is an old hotel. The whole building inside looks good and the lobby looks spacious.
Our room has two queen beds with very clean beddings. The bathroom is small. By the closet, it has a small counter with coffee maker and cups for guests making drinks. Without a microwave oven and refrigerator, this extra counter is a niche.
If you plan to stay more than one day and pay its regular price (about $130) in such room it is not a good idea especially in such hot summer. But, if you get a good discount and don’t mind it has no microwave oven or refrigerator, it will be a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

396 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Early check-in unavailable so went back at check-in time of 3:00. Room wasn't available until 4:30. Our group had purchased breakfast coupons. Coupons weren't available at time of check-in. Air conditioning not working properly, toilet issues and worst of all, they overfilled my card $487.

Stayed June 2013
RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion Hotel Denver Southeast, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to share important feedback about our hotel. I apologize that your check in process did not go as smoothly as it should have. I would like to apologize for the a/c unit and toilet in your room not working properly as well. Please be assured that the issue you experienced will be addressed accordingly with our staff.
We value you as a guest and we are always looking for ways to enhance our guest experience. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
Littleton, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

So, let me first say the day I checked in I got there 30 minutes early, and ended up checking in an hour and half later, when they had rooms available. So in total I waited 2 hours to check in, pretty upset I asked to speak with the manager, he basically laughed in my face and said sorry with a shrug. I asked to speak with the person above him, he said oh he left, then proceeded to go in back, came out with a ten dollar gift card for food, lol, this is laughable. I paid 130 for my room and you give me ten dollars towards food I already bought while I waited the 2 hours?!
I will never stay there again.
ALSO< heads up NO FRIDGE IN ROOMS unless you special request and pay another 10 dollars.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us. I do apologize for any unprofessionalism that may have been shown to you when you arrived at our hotel. I would also like to apologize that you had to wait so long to get checked into your room. We strive to provide all our guests with the high quality of service that we maintain throughout all of our hotels.
Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to better serve you on your next visit.
Kind Regards
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I stayed this hotel as part of the bus tour to Yellowstone. Although the tour company selected this hotel, we were very satisfied and glad that they chosed this hotel. The room was roomy and well maintained. The bed was comfortable which is very important to us. We like to stay once again when we visit Denver.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and my expectations were completely exceeded! The room was very spacious, the bed was very comfortable and the views were outstanding! The staff was polite which was matchy-matchy with the General Manager. I would reccomend this hotel to anyone and will definatley be back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I spent 5 days at the Red Lion last week. The staff was friendly from check in to check out. My room was clean, well appointed and spacious. The food was delicious and service excellent! I especially enjoyed the shuttle bus drivers as they were informative and talkative. I would recommend this hotel for business travelers and groups. Our meeting was successful with great meeting space, staff and service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Breckenridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I recently stayed at the Red Lion for a 4 day conference and enjoyed every aspect of my stay. The rooms were clean, very spacious and loved the Sleep Number bed (as I have one at home). The front desk was very friendly and check-in was quick & easy. We were not the only group there, which leads me to believe that they have multiple meeting areas, other than the 2 that were used for our group. Some of our group arrived via DIA and were able to get a shuttle from the airport to the hotel. I believe this hotel is a great place for a conference and just a Denver getaway too. I look forward to my next visit at the Red Lion!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Red Lion Hotel Denver Southeast? Share your experiences!