“Find another hotel in Aurora” 2 of 5 stars

You added Red Lion Hotel Denver Southeast to your Saves list
Red Lion Hotel Denver Southeast
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3185 S. Vaughn Way, Aurora, CO 80014   |
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Find another hotel in Aurora”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This hotel was more expensive and offered less in value than other hotels. I would not stay here again. They seem more focused on conference attendees, etc. There is no free continental breakfast (you have to pay). The television choices are minimal, not even the basics, let alone HBO, etc. No fitness center. No indoor pool/hottub. Room was okay, not exceptional for the price I paid.
THe hotel is also hard to access.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion Hotel Denver Southeast, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
We would like to apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time to rate our hotel based on the experience during your stay. You are a valued guest and we hope to better serve you during your next stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

From the moment I checked in, to the moment I checked out, I received nothing but professional service. The hotel bar, restaraunt, and house cleaning staff were the best I have experienced in my many years of overnight stays. Kudos to the Red Lion Hotel! It is a pleasure to experience such excellent service when I attend the Colorado High School Coaches Association Clinic. Thank you for a truly wonderful experience every year!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Kris A, Director of Sales at Red Lion Hotel Denver Southeast, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words and we look forward to your visits in the future! It is always great to work with CHSCA and their members.
Breckenridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed here for a conference and look forward to returning. Rooms were very spacious and clean & the beds were extremely comfortable. Front desk was very welcoming and always there for any of your needs. This hotel is conveniently located between the Tech Center and DIA. They have a shuttle service and restaurant on site. The hotel atmosphere is very inviting and I will definitely be back.

Summerville, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I have to give the hotel kudos for general customer service. Beautiful hotel, rooms were clean. I had dinner at the bar, and the food, along with the service (thank you, Leslie, for being an awesome bartender!) were nothing less than excellent.

One semi-negative, although it's my fault for not saying anything, was that there was only one bath towel. I'm sure if I had said anything, that would have been rectified immediately. Also, the room was freezing when I arrived, as the heat was off, but warmed up quickly.

The only true negative I have for this hotel is the shuttle service. If you are thinking of taking the shuttle, in the morning or evening, you may want to reconsider. I had decided to return my rental the evening before my flight because of the shuttle service. Although the evening driver was really personable (I'm sorry I forgot your name), both shuttles were extremely late. I had to wait almost 2 hours in sub-zero weather at DIA in the evening, after being told it would be 35 to 40 minutes, and then when I called back, was told it would be about another 20 minutes...needless to say, it was considerably longer than the estimated pickup time. In the morning, the shuttle did not leave on time (about 20 minutes late), and then an additional stop was made prior to going to the airport for my return flight. I'm just glad I had allowed for plenty of time.

Again, other than the shuttle service, a really great stay. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone planning on going to Denver. Personable, safe, comfortable. Very happy.

Cindy
Summerville, SC

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Ocracoke, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

The staff was welcome, the ambiance was comfortable from the lobby all the way through to the room. Parking was super easy outside. My room had two huge, comfortable and clean queen beds, a flat screen television and plenty of room to spread out. The heater was a bit loud but I like that, as it helps me to drown out any road noise. Except other doors closing hard in the morning, I didn't hear any other guests or televisions, outside the door or through the walls. I thought it might be a drive to the airport but it didn't take long at all and I found cheap gas to fill up the rental car on the way.

All in all, I'm picky when it comes to cleanliness and noise and I can't even find one thing to complain about! (Also, I booked it on priceline so the price was incredible).

The Colony, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Excellent service Excellent staff.Rooms well kepr.Beds comfy.Would recommend to anyone visiting Denver.Breakfast was excellent.Tje viewof the mnts was beautiful. It is close to a park.They provided shuttle to a from hotel.They are quick to rresolve any problems.Check in/out was simple.Making reservation was simple.When I had to change reservation it was simple and no hassles

• Stayed January 2013
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

quick to the airport or downtown Denver, I stayed overnight on NYE and think the location is handy in that it is right off the intersection of Parker Rd and I-225. That is a straight shot to the airport or a short jaunt to I-25 and downtown in 20 min. Staff is over the top courteous, and Leslie at the bar pours a good drink!

Room Tip: I didn't get a Cherry Creek Park view but I bet that would be nice. I was in 625 and the ice m...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Red Lion Hotel Denver Southeast? Share your experiences!