“Great if you have a few hundred dollars for them to hold” 2 of 5 stars

Red Lion Hotel Denver Southeast
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3185 S. Vaughn Way, Aurora, CO 80014   |
Ranked #18 of 51 Hotels in Aurora
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great if you have a few hundred dollars for them to hold”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

The room was nice, no complaints. The complaint came after I came home and realized that they charged my card over 200$ when I paid for my stay through Orbitz. It was ridiculous. I bounced checks and everything. They charged me $90 daily. They were just holding teh funds and I was told the holds would be released in a few days. Unfortunatly, when my checks are bouncing and I can't keep up with the random automatic holds they were putting on a few days was way too long. I called and finally was able to speak to someone who acted like they were the ones inconvienced. unreal!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

Stayed for a week - not so good experience. Rooms are very outdated - probably not renovated since opening, and everything looks so... 60ties... Beds are way too soft for me, but that is of course personal preference. Room service does not answers the phone. Bathroom is clean but you can see that nothing was serviced here for a years... I even got locked in bathroom for a hour or so since door lock broke. Security guy who came to see what is the problem tried to open the door kicking the door with his foot... of course, no one changed the door lock that stayed broken for good. Other than that - very far away from Denver, and to find a taxi... good luck.

Only good thing is that it is very close to High Mile train station (takes 30 - 40mins to downtown).

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Almaty, Kazakhstan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

1) dirty rooms
2) outdated, old interiour
3) locations in the middle of nowhere (between Denver and Airport in desert place), 40$ to city, 60$ to airport
4) small and EXTREMELY outdated bathroom
5) rude service at the reception

I really disgusted to touch anything in the room

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Littleton, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

Have stayed here 3 times for business travel over the past 6 months. Some of the things in some rooms I stayed in could be replaced like wallpaper or nicer tub and fixtures--the usual things hotels need to do to get into the modern age, but the service I've had is good, and my love of their lounge and GREAT food keeps me coming back. I never went out to eat, I just stayed there and enjoyed my cocktail and the bar entertainment. Awesome fitness room. Just need to update some things, but nice hotel overall.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Scottsbluff, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Location is a bit weird and difficult to exit to, but they have shuttle service to the airport and the mall and anywhere within 5 miles which was amazing. Their maintenance guy was so nice! We had no problems. The room was so roomy and we slept great in the king size bed. No breakfast or extras but for the price it was top of the line!!!! They gave us a really late check out, they kept our frozen fish in the kitchen freezer, the service was great.

Room Tip: I booked on priceline and it saved me with fees!!!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
san pedro
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

At least there were no bed bugs, i hope. I booked my 1 week trip through expedia, so I didnt realize there were many other hotel options in the area... big mistake to not search more. I have nothing good to say about this hotel. It was memorial day weekend, but they didnt clean or prepare the pool area at all, no sweeping, cleaning tables, no pool service; Two of the kids had nose bleeds after swimming in this pool, 2 kids! Unsafe chlorine, skin rashes... Roomservice horrible; I got answering machines when trying to call downstairs, had to go down to order food. All the staff is lazy, they had no customer service, spoke as if they didnt care at all, as if they were laying down while speaking... I ordered tea, they brought me warm water, like tap water, no sugar no spoon, obviously no cream... ordered cheeseburger, no cheese... Housecleaning ok, one of my beds had a spill, so I took off the sheets for the housekeeper to know to change them, she left them folded on a chair, didnt vacuum room or clean tables... The hotel had a wedding and reception while I was there, lasted all night, next morning there were people sleeping on my 7th floor in hallway... WORST OF ALL, they gave my room that I had 6 nights to another guest without knowing it, 12:30AM two young men enter my room while Im sleeping, they entered my room. Privacy? security? When my husband went downstairs immediately to confront hotel staff, they had no idea what they did, they didnt even know which room we were in to correct it... Not worth it, dont stay here... no safe, no fridge, no balcony, under staffed as well...

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Aurora, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

I have personally organized and chaired over 100 one to three day meetings in Colorado. I have never experience such ineptness and lack of customer service when the multitude of problems were brought to staff and management's attention--from guest rooms with no electricity and hot water to being charged for copies that didn't print with the front desk saying, "We don't know how to refund the money," to singing group being booked in the ballroom adjacent to our two ballrooms that SANG throughout the day and totally disrupted our presenters, our attendees (94) and our professionally paid recording team, to lack of food presentation in the AMs, to lack of Internet due to first, wrong address, ruining the first two hours of live video presentation to loss of Internet throughout the two days for both presenters and attendees, with when time is over, there is no allocation for a reasonable breakdown for exhibitors and this list goes on--get out within minutes. Some of the attendees who stayed in the hotel (we had over 50 room nights)--had to move to multiple rooms because there was NO ELECTRICITY and HOT WATER--two of our attendees commented that they felt there were electrical hazards in the rooms they were in and that they moved from. When speaking with the Director of Sales, there was zero satisfaction--not even an apology for what we had to deal with and basically saying that no one complained--I know I personally did on behalf of many to front desk. All she offered was denial that anything was wrong ... she did admit to a 20 minute slow Internet for one afternoon. Slow-down... our attendees and speakers couldn't use the bloody thing. What a shock for dealing with the Hilton chain ... which has been one of our preferences for other conferences. Evals from attendees were consistenly "just OK to poor" about the facility. One of our attendees checked out, went to the Best Western close by and raved about service, cleanliness, Internet. DO NOT USE THIS HOTEL.

Room Tip: Use another hotel...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Radisson Hotel Denver Southeast
DoubleTree Denver Aurora
BEST WESTERN PLUS Gateway Inn & Suites
Fairfield Inn Denver Aurora
Comfort Inn Denver Southeast
Woolley's Classic Suites - Denver Airport

Been to Red Lion Hotel Denver Southeast? Share your experiences!