“"Airport" Hotel 30 Miles From Airport is NOT an Airport Hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #7 of 50 hotels in Aurora
Bethesda, Md
“"Airport" Hotel 30 Miles From Airport is NOT an Airport Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Imagine my astonishment when I arrived (3 hours late) at the Denver airport only to learn that the last hotel-operated shuttle left over an hour ago, and found myself having to take what turned out to be a $40 cab to this mediocre property in the middle of nowhere. Fortunately, I was attending a conference, and my ground transportation costs were reimbursed, but if I had had to fork over $40 of my own money to stay in this very average place, I would have been irritated. I recently posted a review of another hotel whose names suggested it was in a far more desirable location that it actually was, so I suppose my overall advicd here is ALWAYS consult a map before making the reservation.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

190 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Uley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

For an airport hotel, this was very quiet and had an excellent restaurant. The restaurant has Mexican food and we chose 5 of their 'small plates', all of which were very good. You don't expect good food in an airport hotel and this was a very pleasant surprise. We read the reviews on trip advisor first and agree with the good ratings given.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I eat here every week and the service is always great. Sammy has my oj and coffee ready before I sit down. In addition, Ebony makes a wonderful omelet and the other chef is very friendly. The selection is always good and the items rarely seem to repeat on the buffet.

Stayed July 2014
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

First off, I must say this was my first time in Denver and my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed the city while traveling on business. My review of the hotel is somewhat biased as my husband is an executive at Hyatt Hotel Corp. in Chicago and I love the Hyatt Hotels. My husband was doing business undercover as apart of an internal audit for HHC. Nevertheless, I can truly appreciate excellent service when it is rendered. My check-in/check-out process with Hanna and Ryan was great. They both greeted me with with a warm smile, processing in and out was quickly done in the midst of them multi-tasking, and I really liked the fact that they made every effort to make sure my husband and I were properly accommodated and our bags were taken care of upon our arrival and exit. We did have the opportunity to dine in the restaurant for breakfast during the three days of our stay and the food was simply average as the only thing to peek my interest were the grand marnier french toast which was awesome. The first day we ordered from the menu and Sharie was a rockstar server. She knew her job and executed it well always checking to make sure our glasses were full and we were satisfied. On the last two days, I chose the breakfast buffet. The food selection at the buffet was subpar but the variety of toppings for omelet was great. The service I received from Ebony was definitely deserving of five stars. She was very upbeat, personable, hospitable, extremely knowledgeable (which spanned beyond knowing features and amenities of the hotel) and extremely helpful in regards to providing outlets for shopping, sight-seeing, top restaurants and entertainment venues not just in Denver but neighboring states. Her ability to make an instant connection and passion for service was award-winning. Ultimately, she was the reason I took the time to fill out this survey as encouraged. Before leaving, I did speak with the MOD to further compliment her work as any employer would be lucky to have her on their team. Overall, the facilities were nice but the service I received was truly outstanding. My husband says the quality of the service we received at this Marriott property will definitely be reiterated with the Hyatt Family so, his employees will honestly make it their first priority to provide the same service to guests daily. Thank you for helping us continue to raise the bar!

• Stayed July 2014
Nick S, Guest Relations Manager at Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It was a pleasure hosting you as our guests and we appreciate you taking the time to mention our associates. We will be sure to share your kind words with our team and if there is any other way we can be of service please let us know. I hope we will get the opportunity to host the HyattFamily again in the future!

Kind Regards,
Bangkok, Thailand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel made such a horrible first impression, I couldn't get past it. I was there the night of July 7th, 2014

My family pulled up to the entrance to find no one there at all, and loud 80s rock blaring from speakers mounted above the entrance. So...we helped ourselves to a cart and unloaded our luggage. The check-in experience at this hotel was lame.

I realize this is not a full service hotel, so I really didn't have too high of an expectation, but the Marriott Gateway Denver Airport didn't even come close to meeting the lowest of expectations. The desk staff talked on the phone while guests waited in line and stared at them.

When I finally got to the front, Jason B, refused to check me in because my name was not on the reservation...it was my wife's....same last name and I handed him the exact credit card used to make the reservation. Like millions of other people, we used a third party website to make our reservation, and this is why I could not check in Jason told me. The Marriott Gateway Denver Airport and Jason could not think outside of the box, so I stood and waited for my wife to come to the desk....10-15 minutes of me standing at the front of the line. He could have asked to see her ID later....We have stayed at so many hotels that let us show passports or credit cards later. Actions speak louder than words and the actions of the desk agent that checked us in spoke loudly....lack of critical thinking, lack of hospitality, lack of respect for patrons, and a great way to make an already poor first impression into a memorably negative one. I was holding the credit card we used to make the reservation and this was somehow not good enough for Jason. Like a good corporate drone, he defaulted to quoting Marriot's policy and couldn't be flexible or helpful in any way at all.

Marriott Gateway Denver Airport....you are lame

Things I did like:

-the bed was great
-the bartender was very pleasant and helpful

Room Tip: stay someplace else
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your recent stay. I apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. We certainly value all of our guests and strive to make each experience a good one. I know this didn’t happen this time and we are in the process of addressing your concerns to ensure better execution in the future. If you would allow us, we would love the opportunity to host you again and give you the fantastic experience that you have come to expect from Marriott. Again I apologize for the inconvenience and I am at your service should you need anything more.

Kind Regards
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

When I get to stay in a nice hotel and also enjoy. It makes me happy. Raul thx for helping me with my Spanish and also sharing your story. Remember No problems only solutions.
I

Thx Mr Marriott for setting this in motion.

It says fifteen more
to submit.

Stayed July 2014
El Paso, Texas, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here one night after United canceled our flight. We got a good rate with the United voucher and did not have much time to look at options. We were fairly happy with the hotel. The shuttle took us to the hotel, which was a fair distance from the airport. There is nothing really within walking distance of the hotel except other hotels and a couple chain restaurants, so we couldn't go shopping for essentials since United kept our bags. The hotel does have a small shop with toiletries and snacks, but we needed clothes!

The hotel is very nice and updated, with the exception of the bathrooms. They were slightly dated, but not horrible. Everything was very clean though. The front desk staff was very nice and quick to check us in and out. We ordered breakfast through roomservice which was reasonably priced (for room service) and the food was good.

Overall, I wish there was more in the area, but the hotel was clean and very comfortable. I would stay here again for an overnight layover, but not to visit the area. The free wifi was also a nice change from the typical nickel and diming of chain hotels.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park? Share your experiences!