“Top Notch Property” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Littleton, Colorado
“Top Notch Property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

We were greeted by an engaging and friendly front desk person named, Seth. I knew from his professional and welcoming greeting we were staying in a hotel that goes the extra distance to make their guests feel welcomed. Check in was smooth and uneventful and I was notified that the extra towels and my preferred pillows are already in the room waiting for me. NICE TOUCH! The room was very roomy and the bathroom well appointed. Considering we were a few miles from the airport and overlooked a major interstate, the room was silent. The pool area was immaculate and great big towels to dry yourself off with, not those cheesy over sized wash cloths most hotels provide. The bar area was in a very open and warm space, with a fire burning in the fireplace. The hotel offered free WIFI through the property and there were plenty of electrical outlets in the bar area. I did not eat in the hotel dining room, but the menu looked creative and very 'Colorado" influenced.
This is a great place to stay if you find yourself needing to be in close proximity to the airport. In fact, my wife and I are considering staying here for one of our weekend escapes.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor overlooking the front range.
Green Features: Marriott's efforts to become more green are admirable.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Nick S, Guest Relations Manager at Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Greetings

Thank you so much for the kind note, it was a pleasure hosting you as our guest. We will be sure to share your comments with our staff. We take great pride in providing fantastic guest service and premium products. We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott and taking the time to provide us with feedback. I hope we will get the pleasure of hosting you as our guest again in the future and we are at your service should you need anything more. Please come back and see us soon!

Kind Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Plymouth, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I stayed at this hotel two nights during a conference held over the weekend. The property and rooms are updated and stylish. That being said, the rooms lack minor things that could make the room better - no soap dish for the hand soap in the bathroom, no fridge in the room. I needed a fridge to keep some items cold, and one was brought to the room after I requested it.

As I was here for a conference, all our meals were at the property. The food was just OK. I don't typically expect much from hotel food, but I've had better. The hotel restaurant name / theme was "Fire & Spice." This meant all the food was heavy on the spice. I don't mind spice, but sometime it was just too much. The blackened chicken and the chili had everyone's mouth on fire! When we dined in the restaurant Saturday night, I had BBQ salmon, but it was not BBQ sauce on the salmon. It looked like cocktail sauce and tasted like ketchup. Ick. Definitely nothing special. I was not excited to eat it. The tortilla soup didn't taste bad, but it was the most disappointing tortilla soup I've ever had.

What is exceptional at this property is the service. The hotel staff and managers were always checking on our group to see if we had what we needed. When we were too hot, they were quick to adjust the heat in the room. When some of us showed up too early for breakfast in our room, they brought the breakfast out so we didn't have to wait to our "official" start time to eat. All that being said, the service in the restaurant was slow, and the restaurant was not crowded The whole meal took three hours. We ordered dessert and it took like 45 minutes to come.

Overall the rooms are comfortable and clean, and that is what is most important. There is also free wi-fi. There is a shuttle to and from the airport. It's probably a 15-20 minute ride.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Nick S, Guest Relations Manager at Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Greetings

Thank you so much for the valuable feedback. We strive to provide the very best in guest service and products. I apologize that we fell short of doing so for your stay. I understand the issues you had were not satisfactory and we will certainly review our current offerings moving forward. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with the best guest experience possible. I hope we will get the opportunity to serve you again in the future and have the chance to redeem ourselves. It was a pleasure hosting you as our guest and if you wish to discuss your experience further I am always at your service.

Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

The rooms are ok although not very large. The bathroom in my room was not very well maintained. Nothing will differentiate this hotel with others, the reason why I give only 2 stars is due to the TV channels. I am very disappointed and concerned that an hotel chain like Marriott does not care about foreigh travellers. There is no single available TV channel which is NOT in English. No spanish channel, neither german, french or japanese. We as travellers would be extremely disppointed not to find at least CNN in a large hotel chain in China right? Most of the hotels abroad do propose foreign TV channels. Not the Marriott close to Denver International Airport!
Something to think about...

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Nick S, Manager at Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with the valuable feedback. I’m so sorry your experience was not enjoyable. Marriott is currently re-evaluating the television channels offered in the room and is potentially moving toward a change in the near future. I will also be sure to address the maintenance issues you have mentioned, as we normally have very clean well maintained rooms. We strive to provide the very best in customer service and I apologize that we fell short of doing so for your stay. We appreciate all the nights you stay with Marriott and I am at your service should you need anything more.

Estes Park, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

We had to go to th airport early or be snowed in the mountains Our two day stay was a pleasant surprise. Great bed, quiet room, nice fitness center pool and spa. Very clean and wonderful staff
Thanks for making a disaster fun.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

We stayed at this Marriott in June and had a great experience. The hotel was nicely updated with modern furniture and fixtures. From the outside - you expect something pretty basic - but inside this place is fun and lively at night! Lots of people were enjoying the lobby bar. Great spot if you need to stay in Denver.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

The only complaint would be that we had to wait for over 30min for the hotel shuttle. Other than that, the hotel was very comfortable and clean. It was quiet and the staff was accommodating whenever needed. Not much of a view, but the rooms are big. It is far from the city - only recommended if you need to be near the airport.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

We ended up staying here after missing our flight out of denver airport. I have no complaints about this place! The staff was amazingly nice! Our room was clean and our bed was comfortable. The aiport shuttle comes around every thirty minutes. The property is well maintained. The location is is great with lots of places to grab a quick bite to eat.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park? Share your experiences!