“Business Trip to Denver” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #3 of 51 Hotels in Aurora
Plymouth, Michigan
“Business Trip to Denver”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I stayed at this hotel two nights during a conference held over the weekend. The property and rooms are updated and stylish. That being said, the rooms lack minor things that could make the room better - no soap dish for the hand soap in the bathroom, no fridge in the room. I needed a fridge to keep some items cold, and one was brought to the room after I requested it.

As I was here for a conference, all our meals were at the property. The food was just OK. I don't typically expect much from hotel food, but I've had better. The hotel restaurant name / theme was "Fire & Spice." This meant all the food was heavy on the spice. I don't mind spice, but sometime it was just too much. The blackened chicken and the chili had everyone's mouth on fire! When we dined in the restaurant Saturday night, I had BBQ salmon, but it was not BBQ sauce on the salmon. It looked like cocktail sauce and tasted like ketchup. Ick. Definitely nothing special. I was not excited to eat it. The tortilla soup didn't taste bad, but it was the most disappointing tortilla soup I've ever had.

What is exceptional at this property is the service. The hotel staff and managers were always checking on our group to see if we had what we needed. When we were too hot, they were quick to adjust the heat in the room. When some of us showed up too early for breakfast in our room, they brought the breakfast out so we didn't have to wait to our "official" start time to eat. All that being said, the service in the restaurant was slow, and the restaurant was not crowded The whole meal took three hours. We ordered dessert and it took like 45 minutes to come.

Overall the rooms are comfortable and clean, and that is what is most important. There is also free wi-fi. There is a shuttle to and from the airport. It's probably a 15-20 minute ride.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Nick S, Guest Relations Manager at Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Greetings

Thank you so much for the valuable feedback. We strive to provide the very best in guest service and products. I apologize that we fell short of doing so for your stay. I understand the issues you had were not satisfactory and we will certainly review our current offerings moving forward. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with the best guest experience possible. I hope we will get the opportunity to serve you again in the future and have the chance to redeem ourselves. It was a pleasure hosting you as our guest and if you wish to discuss your experience further I am always at your service.

Kind Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

The rooms are ok although not very large. The bathroom in my room was not very well maintained. Nothing will differentiate this hotel with others, the reason why I give only 2 stars is due to the TV channels. I am very disappointed and concerned that an hotel chain like Marriott does not care about foreigh travellers. There is no single available TV channel which is NOT in English. No spanish channel, neither german, french or japanese. We as travellers would be extremely disppointed not to find at least CNN in a large hotel chain in China right? Most of the hotels abroad do propose foreign TV channels. Not the Marriott close to Denver International Airport!
Something to think about...

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Nick S, Manager at Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with the valuable feedback. I’m so sorry your experience was not enjoyable. Marriott is currently re-evaluating the television channels offered in the room and is potentially moving toward a change in the near future. I will also be sure to address the maintenance issues you have mentioned, as we normally have very clean well maintained rooms. We strive to provide the very best in customer service and I apologize that we fell short of doing so for your stay. We appreciate all the nights you stay with Marriott and I am at your service should you need anything more.

Kind Regards,
Estes Park, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

We had to go to th airport early or be snowed in the mountains Our two day stay was a pleasant surprise. Great bed, quiet room, nice fitness center pool and spa. Very clean and wonderful staff
Thanks for making a disaster fun.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

We stayed at this Marriott in June and had a great experience. The hotel was nicely updated with modern furniture and fixtures. From the outside - you expect something pretty basic - but inside this place is fun and lively at night! Lots of people were enjoying the lobby bar. Great spot if you need to stay in Denver.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

The only complaint would be that we had to wait for over 30min for the hotel shuttle. Other than that, the hotel was very comfortable and clean. It was quiet and the staff was accommodating whenever needed. Not much of a view, but the rooms are big. It is far from the city - only recommended if you need to be near the airport.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

We ended up staying here after missing our flight out of denver airport. I have no complaints about this place! The staff was amazingly nice! Our room was clean and our bed was comfortable. The aiport shuttle comes around every thirty minutes. The property is well maintained. The location is is great with lots of places to grab a quick bite to eat.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Kenora, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

From airport pick-up to airport drop-off the next day, I was extremely pleased with this hotel. The hotel shuttle services the airport every 30 minutes, so depending on arrival time your wait can vary (I was lucky and only had to wait 3 minutes). Like ALL Denver Airport hotels, the Marriott is not on site but is a quick 10-15 minutes shuttle drive away (18 minutes max with stop at one other hotel).

The front desk staff were very personable and provided exemplary customer service. Like a high-end retail store, the front desk clerk walked out from behind the counter and handed me my keys. I've never stayed at a hotel that has done this and it's these sorts of things that sets one hotel apart from another.

The room was very quiet, clean, and most importantly, comfortable. The free in-room internet was a plus.

While the hotel has its own restaurant on-site, there are other options in the area including an Applebee's and Outback Steakhouse.

I was 100% satisfied with my stay at this hotel and would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Woolley's Classic Suites - Denver Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Airport
Cambria Suites Denver Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver/Airport-Gateway Park
Hyatt Place Denver Airport
aloft Denver International Airport

Been to Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park? Share your experiences!