“very comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
Cleveland, Ohio
“very comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

stayed here for a night on the back end of a trip. check-in was very quick, friendly, and efficient. room was outstanding. clean, neat, comfortable. grabbed a drink and a bite to eat at the lobby bar. service was very good, food was very good. nothing but good things to say about this place. will stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Front Royal, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

This property has some nice upgrades so was pleasantly surprised. Unfortunately, I was also surprised by this "airport" property that is close to a 30 minute shuttle ride from DIA (Denver International Airport). A bit too far to be considered an "airport" property, in my book. Staff was nice enough with a hint of "uppity" but nothing too out of place. Four stars would've been had in my opinion if closer to the airport.

Room Tip: Close to 30 minutes from the airport so plan your trip wisely.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
James P, Manager at Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to thank you for submitting your review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your feedback, as it is shared with our staff to help better serve you and future guests. Please contact me directly if you would like to discuss further.

James Pack
Director of Rooms
Denver Airport Marriott
North Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here as part of a group business trip. We had a private breakfast each AM that was perhaps the best I've had in a comparable hotel concept.

I was feeling under the weather while here & the staff helped me find some cold medicine.

Coffee was good and the bar service was great.

Incidentally my credit card was compromised on this trip (NOT the hotel's fault) and I had to have a new one overnighted to me and they did a great job of handling that odd need.

The concierge room was also very nice--as good of a view as you'll even get at an "airport" hotel!

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice due to an early morning flight the next day. It is convenient to the airport with a free shuttle that runs every 30 minutes starting at 3:30 a.m. I am an elite rewards member with Marriott and had points both times for a free stay. Our flight left at 6:00 a.m. and we caught the 4:00 a.m. shuttle which did end up being completely full. The plus to this property is that even though the shuttle stops at 3 other hotels it departs from and returns to this one first so there's never a problem of getting a seat. The big plus for staying here though is the policy of allowing you to park your car here for up to 7 days at no charge. This is a substantial savings over parking at a lot. Overall I was very happy with this hotel and would stay here again. There is a nice bar off the lobby, free wifi which I found perfectly adequate and it appears to have been freshly renovated recently.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the interstate to avoid traffic noise and advise the front desk that...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I checked in to this hotel planning on staying 4 nights for business travel. It was the only one near the airport that wasn't a budget option, like a Courtyard for example. I wanted a hotel with a restaurant, room service, and a decent desk space to work from. I am a Marriott rewards elite member, perhaps I expected too much. I was given a room the absolute farthest from the elevator, the very end of two hallways (seemed a long schlep dragging my bags), overlooking the dumpsters. I had a turbulent flight into Denver as usual, and the scramble of bags, rental car, heat and turbulence did not have me in the best frame of mind, I was looking forward to a decent room and drink at the lobby bar. I decided to shrug off the dumpster view and bad room location. However, I noticed that the room was pretty hot and uncomfortable, so I turned the AC up to 69 figuring it would cool off. I went out to meet some friends, nice lobby, friendly staff in the bar, nicely appointed. Hours later, I was back in my room looking forward to catching up on sleep, and basically tossed and turned all night long sweating as the AC was clearly not up to the challenge. I thought it over, and knew that I was not going to work in that room half the day sweating, so I packed up all my stuff and dragged it all back out to the front desk. I had to head out to a meeting in Colorado Springs and I needed to get on the road, so I checked out after one night, it was terrible. There are so many hotels minutes from this location there was no need to suffer in a bad room. I checked into a another hotel later that day to icy AC, great lobby bar, good room service, walking distance to other restaurants, and was much happier. There are too many other options nearby to put up with this. I can only imagine what room you get if you are not an elite member, and forget about being cool there in the summer, the central air could not keep up in the room, halls or the lobby. They did ask as they were handing me my receipt on check out how my stay was, I was going to just say fine and walk out, but I did calmly tell them that I was leaving early as I was exhausted from no sleep due to the AC, and that I did not appreciate the terrible room assignment. I was literally walking away as they offered me a room upgrade or more points, and if they had acted like they cared at all, I may have stayed and risked the heat. Instead, I got nothing for my inconvenience. Very disappointing, irritating etc. Don't bother with this location, there are plenty of other options. BTW, I wound up getting a nice room for half the price including two full breakfasts each morning nearby. Don't settle!!

Room Tip: The hotel corridors are the shape of an L, with the elevators only at one end. Be aware if you have...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
James P, Manager at Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Dear Valued Elite Member,
On behalf of the Marriott staff, I would like to sincerely apologize for the a/c not cooling your room during your stay. I can assure you that the a/c issue has been addressed and we would love the opportunity to regain your business with our Marriott in the future.

James P
Director of Rooms
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Just like very other Marriott we stayed, this one no exception, very clean, friendly staff, with a indoor poll, small gym with very new equipment and free fruit. Especiall can't beat the price from Priceline !!
Only reason I didn't give it 5 star is because the shuttle service, we got DEN around 10:30pm Fri night, there were so many people waiting, the driver even didn't get off to open the back for luggage, so the bus were packed with passenger holding their suitecases\bags. If u need take shuttle to airport, be prepared to leave extra early since it only runs every 30 min and it stops 2-3 other hotel to pick up.

Room Tip: ask upgrade when check in.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We had two priceline rooms at this hotel which for the most part were quite nice. Unfortunately you could hear plumbing in other rooms and noise from other rooms as well. The heating and cooling system was quiet which was nice. The staff was nice and bed and bedding were all fine. The shower had great water pressure. Because we had spent such a small amount on the rooms we decided to have breakfast at the hotel. What a mistake. The buffet is pricey and aside from the orange juice and coffee was pretty poor. I watched an omelet being handed to another customer with the egg running all over the plate. It was only because I said that the omelet was raw that the chef took it back and cooked it more. If you can't tell that an omelet is undercooked you shouldn't be a chef. The fruit was not fresh, the home fries tasted like they had been reheated for several days (dry and stale), there were exactly two pastries to pick from (not two types, two pastries). Service was also almost not there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
James P, Manager at Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
My name is James Pack and I am the Director of Rooms at the Denver Airport Marriott. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for staying with us on August 16th. We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to comment on your experience. On behalf of the Marriott staff I would like to apologize for the poor quality of food and service that you experienced. I can ensure you that we take great pride in serving our guests and that we are very sorry that we did not deliver on this occasion. We have shared this with our Food and Beverage team as well to ensure that this is addressed immediately.

Been to Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park? Share your experiences!