“Spent two nights” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora South

You added Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora South to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora South
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   13941 East Harvard Avenue, Aurora, CO 80014 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Denver - Aurora)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #24 of 51 Hotels in Aurora
Mentone, California
“Spent two nights”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

After driving for 15 days, business demanded we spend a couple of days. Extended Stay America needs help. The room was far from perfect, but our needs were met. The ADA Handicapped room worked. We were glad to get on the road again and finally get home two days later.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora South, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations. In response to your feedback, I am happy to hear that your needs were met.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at ilf@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosingour hote. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

The rooms where not what I reserved and three other people had the same problem while I was waiting for a resolution to the problem then when I get to the room the safety latch was not on the door then found out that the toilet was plugged and no plunger in the room. Found hair in the bed between the sheets.

• Stayed July 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stained mattresses No mattress cover
Air conditioner sounds like a jet when operating
Ripped bar stools
Dirty stove top and microwave
Bath tile and toilet have mold
Breakfast is minimal and runs out quickly

• Stayed July 2013
Glendale
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I stayed here for 8 days, and got a really great price on a week. When we arrived, we were shown our room, told that this room has been re-carpeted and painted. The room, kitchen facilities and bathroom did look very good. The bed was good and firm. However, we soon ran into sloppiness and details ignored. The window curtain rod was broken and the curtain would not close completely and looked bad. That got repaired 3 days later. The lower left hand dresser drawer would not roll properly and got stuck. I managed to temporarily repair the roller that was on that drawer. The drain in the bathroom sink leaked and we ended up getting a bucket to put under it dropping on the floor. That never got repaired while there. There were no cooking pots, except a very small fry pan. My key to open my room door would not work every night for 4 days and I had to go to the desk to redo my key to open the door. That did finally get fixed. The heater on the thermostat would not work, as the AC would not shut off. That did get fixed after 3 days. They did not have any more cooking material to provide us. The last straw to all of this was my wife was preparing dinner and the plates and dishes turned out to be dirty. Finally, they ran out of instant oatmeal the last 4 days that we were there. Now, I will say that the people at the desk did try to help resolve these problems, and that was very much appreciated. But, it was not at all what I was used to with Extended Stay Hotels.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
durango,co
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed here for a few days. Mainly for the location and it's one of few hotels you find that has smoking rooms. Nothing fancy but everything was clean and worked. I was surprised by how quiet it was being close to 225.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora South, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that everything was clean and quiet for you. Although there is a lot of construction going on, it stays pretty quiet.

Overland Park, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

It was terrible. As soon as we entered we were hit with the horrible smoke of cigarettes and alcohol. The bed looked clean but underneath they were horrible. The couch looked liked it was taken out of the dumpster. The bathrooms were stinking and was not clean. The napkins and the towels were dirty and brown in color. It was very congested. The outdoors looked good at first but had people smoking pot and also very unclean. You have to go down to the front desk if you need even tissues or napkins. When we asked if they could change the room to non-smoking room, they were very rude and said everything was full. Smaller Motels that we stayed in were better and had better beds. And it is not even in Denver and is far away from almost everything. We cannot believe how tripadvisor gave it a good rating.

Room Tip: Never choose this motel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Ashland, Oregon, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

They were overbooked and didn't accommodate my reservation the first night. No offer followed to adjust the price to compensate. They blamed the prior guest for the atrocious condition of the carpet saying they just couldn't get it clean. My experience is that a burned carpet can't be cleaned. Given the general staff attitude and the condition the property is in.... I will keep looking in the future and I suggest you do too!

Room Tip: Look at the room first and ask for problems to be fixed first.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora South, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Mike - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are working to correct the issues you mentioned.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at ilf@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.