“Good accommodation for the price, Good choice to stay in” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora South

You added Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora South to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora South
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   13941 East Harvard Avenue, Aurora, CO 80014 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Denver - Aurora)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #24 of 51 Hotels in Aurora
Sykesville, Maryland
“Good accommodation for the price, Good choice to stay in”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

The Homestead Denver/Aurora provides good accommodation for the price and would be a good choice to stay in.

Location:

- Great location
- Approximately 20-25 minute commute from/to Denver International Airport
- Easy access to I-225 (and other major routes) and Denver
- Close to public transportation (bus and Light Rail service), shopping areas, cinemas,
restaurants, and nearby tourist attractions in Denver and neighboring cities
- Only a short drive away from neighboring cities such as Boulder, Colorado Springs,
Estes Park, Georgetown, Vail

Room:

- The room that I stayed in was a standard queen
- Amenities provided met my expectations and needs

What I liked about the room:
- It was clean and comfortable
- It had free wireless Internet hookup, basic cable with two movie channels (Showtime)
- It had a fully-equipped kitchen area with a full-sized refrigerator, two burner stove top and
microwave
- The bed was comfortable
- It had a small work/eating area
- It had extra seating (a lounge chair)
- It was near the on-premises laundry facility

What I didn't like about the room:
- The refrigerator (it was noisy whenever it cycled)

Customer Service:

- Excellent!

Staff:

- Great staff, treats you like family!

- Management and front desk staff at this location (Pam, Lynzie, Amanda, Elke, Bill) were/are
very professional, friendly and courteous. They project a high quality image of both
themselves and the hotel and company for which they work for

- One of the main reasons I would stay here again and/or would recommend staying here

- Little extras like mentioning good restaurants to eat at nearby or the best way to get to
shopping centers or other places of interest were always welcome.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Aurora, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

I am a guest that is currently staying at this location the staff is EXCELLENT, Courteous, and very accomadating. The price is excellent, i love this location. Couldnt say anymore great things about this location. They treat me as part of their family.

Thanks Mike

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

We were warmly greeted and able to get to our rooms quickly (after a shuttle with a VERY friendly driver picked us up at the airport). Then we hopped back on the shuttle to go to the Operation Christmas Child Processing Center. All we had to do was give the desk a call when we were ready to come back and they were speedy to pick us up. One of the drivers was from San Antonio and remembered some of our group from the year before.

The food at the hotel was good.. the hot chocolate - AMAZING.

We stayed in a suite, and I was very pleased with the room. Clean, Quiet. There were 4 of us in our room, and having hot water was never an issue. The first night, I had a bit of a problem with the hair dryer, but maintenance was up in a flash to make it work for me.

I would absolutely recommend this hotel if you're in the Denver area!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

I just stayed there and the room i got was supposed to be non smoking. It reaked of smoke. What has made me actually take out the time to write this was the fact that now a day has gone by and I woke up with welts all over my body.... thats right bed bugs. im going to call to see if they are going to compensate me for anything... we will see.

Room Tip: Please dont stay here. It reminded me of a ghetto apartment building.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Omaha, Ne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

They were very accommodating to our request for a room away from families with children since we were hauling a snowmobile and didn't want 'little fingers' touching and getting hurt.
We had a room in the back and felt it was peaceful and secure. The kitchenette was a nice added touch. We had a pizza delivered (which was reasonable and delicious) and was able to utilize the dishes that are supplied. Had a small coffee maker with only one package of coffee so my husband and I had to fight for it. The a/c unit was a little noisy but it was something I could live with. I would stay again.

Room Tip: We requested a room away from children and they were able to accommodate us which was appreciated.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
aurora
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

We loved the clean room, full fridge and microwave. The staff was courteous and helpful in giving us directions to nearby locations. Good restaurants in the vicinity and a block from the interstate.

Room Tip: The handicap-accesible room and parking stalls near the office was appreciated.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Mid Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

We checked in on 6/28/2011 and checked out 7/5/2011. If there had been any other hotel/motel open to accommodate us we would have never stayed at Homestead at all. Following is a list of all the problems:
Our original reservation was for a 2 bed suite and a single queen room and we were to arrive on 6/27/2011, but I called on 6/25/2011 and informed Homestead that we would not be arriving until 6/28/2011 and was told “no problem” BIG LIE!! When we arrive on the 28th the single queen reservation was OK, the suite had been cancelled. The person I spoke with changed the reservations on one of the rooms but not on the second room. I gave the person both reservation numbers. I was sent emails confirming the change on both rooms….however the person I spoke with and sent me the email only changed the reservation on one room. When we didn’t show up on the 27th I was charged a “no show” and the room was cancelled. When I first arrived the young man at the front desk was totally uncooperative. He did not try to help me out in any way. The front desk manager, Amanda, was a little more helpful and found us a room. She found a 2 bed suite that we could have. We had to wait to check in until past 5 PM as neither of the rooms were ready when we arrived at about 3:30 PM. The single queen room was a palace compared to the suite. The place reeked of cigarette smoke the whole time we were there, although we had requested a non-smoking unit. The single queen carpets were filthy!! After showering and walking on the floors and carpet my feet had to be washed before I was able to go to bed. There was very little silverware, no spoons at all. The air conditioner leaked water the whole time. The fridge also leaked water. Everything on the shelf got wet. If we turned the fridge up everything froze. Now on to the suite…. the sofa bed was broken and there were no linens for the bed. There was trash behind the bed and sofa bed. There were cracker crumbs in the mattress of the sofa bed. There were flies all over the room. When we complained about the sofa bed and the filth we were told they had a new sofa bed and would put it in the suite. They also said they would clean the suite. When we left that morning there were dead flies on the counter top and when we returned (after they had done a good cleaning) there were still dead flies on the counter in the same spot. They did not have a new sofa bed so the children had to sleep on a broken bed again. Each day we were told that they would replace the sofa bed, which was never done. Again the carpets were filthy, ones feet turned black after walking across the carpet barefoot. The carpet was thread-bear. The shower curtain rod fell down. The door was very hard to open. The iron on its lowest setting scorched clothes and the coating on the iron came off on the clothing. The refrigerator leaked. There was no closet door. There were holes in the screens. There was no filter for the coffee pot. There was no cook ware and no utensils. When we went to trade our towels for fresh towels we had to wait until 9:15 PM. When we asked how we were suppose to give our babies baths and dry them the desk clerk said “just use hand towels”. When we checked in we were told that we would have housekeeping on Saturday. The single queen did get housekeeping that day, however the suite NEVER did get housekeeping.
The ONLY reason we stayed is because there was a girls softball tournment and all other places were booked.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family