“Clean & Convenient” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
New Haven, Connecticut
“Clean & Convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night before we had to catch an early flight from Denver Airport. We were in room 310- spacious enough for 2 people. Very clean. We appreciated the free water bottles, wifi, coffee with to-go cups and the 24hr a-la-cart snacks/food. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Would recommend to anyone needing a hotel 10 mins from the airport (and about 15 mins from downtown Denver).

Stayed March 2014
larshschrader, General Manager at aloft Denver International Airport, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Rachel510,

We are very pleased to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your very nice review. We understand that travelling can be very stressful, so we try our best to make it as easy and convenient as possible.

We're excited to see you and your husband back at our hotel on your next trip to Denver.

Lars Schrader

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Casper, Wyoming
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

My family has officially been burned twice by this hotel. Trip one, we were stranded at DIA. The 24 hour shuttle stopped running at 2 a.m. Due to flight problems we arrived at 2:30 a.m. We were stuck with a $40 cab fare. This time, we landed at 9, but it took 15 minutes, three dropped calls, long holds and a hang up to find out if and when the shuttle was coming. When we finally got through, we had less than five minutes to catch the bus. Once at the hotel, my husband, two sons (6 and 7) and I were sent to a king room when we booked two queens--over two months ago! I was informed they didn't have a two queen room left, but they'd bring us an air mattress for the boys. They brought a twin mattress, one pillow, a comforter and no sheets. For two good sized kids. I asked for a double or queen and was told I could have more comforters to make another bed. The only space for them was directly in front of the broken HVAC unit that blew all night. It was a terrible night of sleep for all of us. And we paid for it. Never again.

Room Tip: Book at one of the other DIA hotels. We've stayed here six times and the rooms are all the same.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear CowboyMommy,

I am truly sorry to hear about your experience while staying with us. We unfortunately don't offer a 24hr shuttle; our shuttle runs between the hours of 3:30am - 1:00am. We use the time in between to clean and inspect the shuttle to make sure it is ready for the next day. I understand how much of an inconvenience it must have been for you on both occasions. We are always looking into new ways to improve our service and I appreciate you taking the time to review your trip with us.

I apologize that you did not get a room with 2 Beds and that you guys did not have the night’s rest you were looking for.

I understand that after an experience like this, it is difficult to be convinced to come back to our hotel. We would love to have you back and I would appreciate if you would contact me before your next trip to Denver so we can talk and see if there is a way to win you back as one of our customers.

Kind Regards,

Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

I really enjoyed our stay at the aLoft Hotel in Denver. The design is excellent, really fun and quite youthful. The room was small but very well designed and comfortable. The desk staff was very helpful with a very quick check-in and check-out. My one small criticism was the price to rent a movie $17.99...excessive! For an airport hotel, I loved it and would definitely go back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear RobE1,

It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the front desk was very helpful. We are very proud of our design and I am glad that you like it as well.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We are looking forward to see you on your next trip to Denver.

Longmont, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed at the Aloft Denver Airport due to a VERY early morning flight out the next morning. The recognized us for a certain number of stays, which I didn't know they did. It is a very "trendy" hotel" and looks modern and is very clean. The location makes it easy to get to the airport in very little time. The price for the room was right. We plan to stay here again on another trip coming up.

Stayed March 2014
Dear ColoradoBuffaloes02,

Thank you for your positive review. I am happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay. We try to make it as easy as possible for guests to get from and to the airport. We are looking forward to welcome you on your next stay. GO BUFFS!!

Derbyshire England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

We arrived here last September for a seven night stay.
A very modern hotel close to the airport that looks great from the outside, especially at night. There are plenty of car parking spaces. The room was large and was unusually set out. You walk into the area where the sink, fridge and very small wardrobe were. Off here was an excellent shower and toilet area. Return to the entrance door and walk straight ahead to a large bedroom with two windows looking over the car park, internal pool and garden. There was a very large safe in the room that even held our camera, tablet and video camera etc. The laundry room was convenient (“Clean”) as we were touring for four weeks. The indoor swimming pool (“Splash”) was excellent and we had it to ourselves most of the time.
The staff was very friendly and we appreciated a free newspaper every day.
Now the down points and there was not a lot and minor. No ice was easily available, the under bed sheets refused to stay in place overnight and there was some outside noise from the air conditioning on the top floor.
We had excellent breakfasts a few times at ‘Einstein Bros Bagels’ just across the road. A lot of restaurants were within walking distance.
We had a very enjoyable time here. Highlights were Pikes Peak (driving up and not taking the cog railway) and Valley of the Gods, Denver Mint and the city and a beautiful drive north to Estes Park and back via Grand Lake. The latter was a full day out but well worth the effort.
We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms may incur noise from a/c roof units.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
larshschrader, General Manager at aloft Denver International Airport, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear LCandSC,

We are very glad that you took time out of your day to write this very helpful review. We appreciate your comments and I am excited to share your experience with the team. I see you adopted the "Aloft language" while here, we strive to make everyone feel welcome in our unique hotel and are very pleased that you liked your Aloft experience.

LCandSC, thank you again and we can't wait to see you on your next journey to Denver.

Regards

Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

The Aloft is a unique room set up that is very functional for a 1-2 night stay. Great beds and bathroom setup and a large flat screen TV. Nice bar/food area in the lobby. The rooms do not have much extra room but have a desk area and plenty of counter space. Good value.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Pete R

Thank you for staying at the Aloft Denver Airport. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate the positive review. We would love to see you back at the hotel on your next trip to Denver.

Save travels until then.

Regards

Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

This review is a bit odd....I didn't actually end up staying at this Aloft. Me and a group of friends were delayed by road closures in a ski area west of town and couldn't get back to Denver in time for our flight. Thinking that we were going to miss our flight, we called and booked a last-minute room at the Aloft. We called the hotel directly and the person who helped us was incredibly nice and made a frustrating situation (facing a nasty weather-related travel delay) a lot more pleasant.

Our flight ended up getting delayed, and we ended up making it to the airport in time to get on the plane. We called from the airport, after 5pm - a time when any other hotel might have not made a refund - and the Aloft gladly canceled our reservation since we were able to make it on our way home.

I have stayed at Alofts in multiple cities in both the US and Europe, and I've always been pleased with them. I'm glad I was able to make my flight and didn't have to stay here, but I was so thankful to the friendly staff who I encountered on the phone. I'll happily stay here the next time I'm in the area!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
larshschrader, General Manager at aloft Denver International Airport, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Jarred W,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your interaction with our staff. We strive to provide great customer service and we are always happy to help our guests in difficult situations. I am glad that you were able to make it home.

We are looking forward to welcoming you on your next trip to Denver.

Best Regards

Lars Schrader

Been to aloft Denver International Airport? Share your experiences!