“Cool Place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
Atlanta, Georgia
“Cool Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This was my first time at an Aloft. Great concept hotel with a gregarious staff and contemporary design. This is probably the future in hotel stays. I stayed here after being denied entrance to the Hilton Garden Inn across the street by a couple of 20-somethings in suits who knew nothing about the hospitality industry. Aloft does better hiring and doesn't need suits and ties to be welcoming. Simple as that. As good as the design, so too was the fact that there is actually good food to buy in the kitchen 24/7. It's simple fare, but what a welcome change. I like this place. The best deal at DIA.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Matt K, General Manager at aloft Denver International Airport, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out to fill out a TripAdvisor Survey about your stay. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope to see you next time you stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Harwinton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I took a shot at this "near to airport" stay and was pleasantly surprised. This art-modern / contempo style hotel delivered friendly service, speedy shuttle, very clean and comfortable, what more could you ask for? Even though this hotel has been here for a couple of years, everything (in May 2013) seemed brand new. I will definitely stay here again as it has become my new favorite Denver Airport hotel (and I have stayed at many so-called upscale hotels in the area, that cost 25-40% more and aren't as nice.) Try out this best kept secret Denver Airport Hotel... You'll thank me!

Room Tip: I was on the first floor which was 100 feet from the checkin counter, close to the bar and pool and...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

If you have to spend the night in Denver and want to be close to the airport and there are no other choices available, Aloft Denver will do.

The lobby area is very hip, upscale, modern, whatever. A lot of bare concrete and exposed HVAC ducting give it the edgy urban feel I guess.

The rooms are perfectly fine; roomy, high ceilings, functional bathroom area, etc. The major (and I mean MAJOR) detractor was the bed.

The mattress and pillows were on par with the lowest models that Ikea could offer. How you can get a thin mattress *that* lumpy, I do not know. I could also hear the crinkling of the plastic undersheet every time I turned over (which was a lot, trying to get comfortable but to no avail). The pillows were in the same categories; either thin and lumpy or overstuffed and hard as a rock.

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor rooms.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Matt K, Manager at aloft Denver International Airport, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Gosh I am so sorry for the inconvenience! I read your feedback and I was so disappointed that you didn't enjoy your stay. This was certainly out-of-the-norm, as a majority of our feedback is very positive and I want you to be able to have a positive experience with us.
Greensboro, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Such a pleasant end to a three day cross-country drive to Denver where I flew out the next day and my daughter continued on to a Colorado summer job. It was my first stay at an Aloft hotel and I'll be back. Though it is described as located at the airport and is so conveniently located right off I-70, it's still a 15 minute drive to the airport and there is no sense that airplanes are taking off and landing nearby - very quiet. We did not end up using the airport shuttle service offered but the availability of it was one reason we chose the hotel. My daughter and I especially liked the area in which the hotel was located which has nice sidewalks throughout with landscaping and provides plenty of space to run or walk. There are many restaurants, fast food, etc. within walking/driving distance which also made this a good location for us. Our hotel room was clean, well-appointed and comfortable. It was a wonderful way to end our three day adventure!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Greenwood Village, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on our wedding night in order to catch our flight to Disney World the next morning. We had a great experience over all given the duration of our stay. The hotel was conveniently close to DIA and offered shuttle services to and from DIA every half hour or so. We were able to check in for our flight easily while grabbing a quick bite to eat and were even given complimentary meal tickets for the dining area by the front desk person along with discounted long term parking voucher since we just got married. There was however one short coming to the whole experience and that was the back door to the hotel. The back door was broken at the time of our visit, so we had to walk around the entire hotel to the front door. A good place to stay with friendly, helpful staff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Matt K, General Manager at aloft Denver International Airport, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Hello, and thank you for the review Frisbeemaniac. We appreciate the great review and are happy to hear we played a part in starting your honeymoon off on the right foot! I do apologize about the broken door, and please know that it has been fixed. The whole team here can't wait to see you again.

Keep a Good Thought,
Kendall
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

In general I enjoy staying at Aloft hotels. I am a Platinum Startwood member, so the service usually meets my platinum-high expectations. But the Aloft Denver airport was terrible. The first room they gave me didn't have a telephone handset or a working TV. The second room was dirty. The third and final room was a disabled access room. Long night followed by multiple visits to the front desk...the Marriott across the road was looking pretty good to this Starwood girl.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Matt K, Manager at aloft Denver International Airport, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Eagle, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I stay at Aloft's and Starwood properties whenever I can and have come to expect the typical good service offered by Starwood. When employees go out of their way to offer exceptional service, I think they should be called out. On this trip, Bill at the front desk and Justin at the bar made this one more great stay at the Aloft DIA. Both were very friendly, outgoing and helpful. I appreciate when they remembered our names whenever we were close by. I will continue to stay at this hotel when traveling, even though there seems to have been a price increase recently and the park and fly component seems to have increased in price as well. Good employees make the difference.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to aloft Denver International Airport? Share your experiences!